Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello everyone, since updating both sol and shaders patch to latest version, the trees are changing color in a psycodhelic dance. Did anyone face this issue, or any tips on how to solve it?

So, when I installed the last update for Sol I have to say my game looked absolutely deal-breakingly terrible... washed out colors, completely unrealistic lighting, no atmospheric effects so distant terrain looks like it's from NASA's video of lunar massifs from the Apollo missions... even the best tracks look worse than a shoddy GPL rip.

But if I uninstall it, the weather/PPF/etc all remains in the game and is usable but the game once again looks gorgeous. Colors, lighting, fog... all good. Sol is showing up as deactivated in CM, but it seems to be fully functional nonetheless and I'm currently running on track using various Sol weathers with the Sol ACC PPF.

Does anyone have any idea whether I'm running Sol or not right now? Not sure if I want to update or not. :roflmao:

So, when I installed the last update for Sol I have to say my game looked absolutely deal-breakingly terrible... washed out colors, completely unrealistic lighting, no atmospheric effects so distant terrain looks like it's from NASA's video of lunar massifs from the Apollo missions... even the best tracks look worse than a shoddy GPL rip.

But if I uninstall it, the weather/PPF/etc all remains in the game and is usable but the game once again looks gorgeous. Colors, lighting, fog... all good. Sol is showing up as deactivated in CM, but it seems to be fully functional nonetheless and I'm currently running on track using various Sol weathers with the Sol ACC PPF.

Does anyone have any idea whether I'm running Sol or not right now? Not sure if I want to update or not. :roflmao:
what the sol_weather app says?
How you installed it?
upload_2019-6-26_0-24-34.png

Hello everyone, since updating both sol and shaders patch to latest version, the trees are changing color in a psycodhelic dance. Did anyone face this issue, or any tips on how to solve it?
Its a problem with an old version of the nordschleife track light config.
Track light configs can now be downloaded automatically in CM:
upload_2019-6-26_0-27-37.png

Activate this and delete only the files in /extension/config/tracks folder. Let the other folders there!

After you start Nordschleife again, it will be normal.

You can update those configs by yourself as well:
upload_2019-6-26_0-29-54.png

Those autoloaded configs are in the folder /extension/configs/tracks/loaded
Its important to have no other variant in /extension/config/tracks, because this has more priority.

Last edited:
what the sol_weather app says?
How you installed it?
View attachment 312060

There is no Sol weather app, so I guess that's part of the bit that's deactivated. Most likely I'm "not running Sol" despite the fact I'm clearly running Sol. Or at least parts of it.

Honestly, if this is really how AC looks without Sol, and the way it looks on my end with Sol installed is as-intended, something's gone horribly wrong since 1.0. (And we don't give vanilla AC enough credit, because it's stunning.) But I know you've got more talent and taste than that, Peter, your modding history speaks for itself and nobody was a bigger fan of GBW than I was. So something's obviously going wrong when I install it.

Please don't spend any time troubleshooting for me, though, I'm not going to update and risk screwing up the strange but acceptable equilibrium I seem to have achieved.

There is no Sol weather app, so I guess that's part of the bit that's deactivated. Most likely I'm "not running Sol" despite the fact I'm clearly running Sol. Or at least parts of it.

Honestly, if this is really how AC looks without Sol, and the way it looks on my end with Sol installed is as-intended, something's gone horribly wrong since 1.0. (And we don't give vanilla AC enough credit, because it's stunning.) But I know you've got more talent and taste than that, Peter, your modding history speaks for itself and nobody was a bigger fan of GBW than I was. So something's obviously going wrong when I install it.

Please don't spend any time troubleshooting for me, though, I'm not going to update and risk screwing up the strange but acceptable equilibrium I seem to have achieved.
Just install it manually. That's the safest way. Just copy the 4 folders inside the zip/MODS/Sol to AC root folder. Then activate the 2 apps Sol_weather and Sol_config. Be sure "performance mode" isn't activated. First option in sol_config app.
If you like to play vanilla, just deactivate "weatherFX" in settings >custom Shader patch >weatherFX.

Sadly it did not work when I installed it manually - all things being equal I will install every mod manually. (I'm confortable with the AC file structure and I don't trust automated anything.) But it crashed on race launch when I did that, so I went to plan B.

I suspect that something got screwed up when i replaced my system core recently. Half of my steam games made me reinstall, including AC. It's been wonky ever since.

Last edited:
There is an issue with hazy horizon clouds in 1.2.4 (I reported it about the beta in Discord too).

The clouds clip and intersect with the ground/sea and go below sea level, so instead of the horizon being clean like before, now in 1.2.4 the horizon is not looking correct when the weather is cloudy.

There is an issue with hazy horizon clouds in 1.2.4 (I reported it about the beta in Discord too).

The clouds clip and intersect with the ground/sea and go below sea level, so instead of the horizon being clean like before, now in 1.2.4 the horizon is not looking correct when the weather is cloudy.
It happens only to a few tracks, which have huge extents. Have to look for a solution by checking the track dimensions. Will find something.

So, i've been enjoying this mod since the day i installed it but i have this one problem that i've been experiencing it's the very very slow loading time. I've looked past the problem because i really enjoy the mod but i would really appreciate it if it can finally be solved. My track loading time sometimes reaches 20 to 30 minutes, here's a sample text in the custom_shaders_patch.log

2019-06-24T21:17:57:182 [01292] | INFO | Model: 'content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/100.kn5'
2019-06-24T21:18:02:004 [01292] | INFO | AI spline load: content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/endurance/ai/fast_lane.ai
2019-06-24T21:23:53:451 [01292] | INFO | AI spline load: content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/endurance/ai/pit_lane.ai
2019-06-24T21:35:14:457 [01292] | INFO | Model: 'content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/118.kn5'
2019-06-24T21:35:15:354 [01292] | INFO | Original shader: system/shaders/win/ksIdealLine
2019-06-24T21:35:15:519 [01292] | INFO | Custom shader: extension/shaders/main_nofx/ksParticle

If you noticed the timestamps, there is a 5-minute gap and another 12-minute gap, im guessing these has something to do with the problem somehow?

About Autoexposure I wrote a little in the review thread.
I think that at present, the effect of Autoexposure is hardly exhibited.
I want the effect to be obtained by the original [AUTO_EXPOSURE].
So can you enable [AUTO_EXPOSURE] or allow you to adjust the [EXT_AUTO_EXPOSURE] parameter?

About Autoexposure I wrote a little in the review thread.
I think that at present, the effect of Autoexposure is hardly exhibited.
I want the effect to be obtained by the original [AUTO_EXPOSURE].
So can you enable [AUTO_EXPOSURE] or allow you to adjust the [EXT_AUTO_EXPOSURE] parameter?
You can just disable Sol's self calibrating AE and use mode "0". Than it's the original behavior.
In sol_config...

You can also use Sol's custom config script possibilities to create an own sol config linked to you filter with much more options to create nice graphics. I could describe it if you want.

It happens only to a few tracks, which have huge extents. Have to look for a solution by checking the track dimensions. Will find something.
If it is the same issue I've been having (blueish fog on the track surface in the distance) it happens on the Monza straight which is long but not suuuper long so I guess it might happen at a fair few tracks ... RIR? Barcelona? etc. Fingers crossed you can find a solution. BTW I had this in the current and previous version of SOL with CSP 1.40. Also happens with default clear and SOL clear conditions.

If it is the same issue I've been having (blueish fog on the track surface in the distance) it happens on the Monza straight which is long but not suuuper long so I guess it might happen at a fair few tracks ... RIR? Barcelona? etc. Fingers crossed you can find a solution. BTW I had this in the current and previous version of SOL with CSP 1.40. Also happens with default clear and SOL clear conditions.
Do you mean the blue "fatamorgana" parts on monza?
upload_2019-6-27_18-29-54.png

Its a feature of Shader Patch.
Just deactivate this:
upload_2019-6-27_18-30-40.png

I fiddled around with Shader Patch's ExtraFX. I found a setting where the sharpness of the picture remains and where shadows are more natural. Its also the setting with the lowest fps loss:
upload_2019-6-27_20-43-49.png

Actually the use of the motion blur prevents it to go in this blurry mode.

Without extraFX
6c2uGiH.jpg

with
vBJk4Vc.jpg

Cockpit
Without
8UcbYh5.jpg

with
yfUdrOa.jpg

It will cost some fps (g.e. if you had 140 fps, you will have 125 fps after)

@RimJobRacer It could be used to get rid of too bright cockpits.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back