Downloads are still painfully slow. Averaging maybe 150kb/s. One download had a part 2 held on a different site and got well over 5 mb/s speed.

So it's not my connection.

Sorry to hear this...
Overseas members, like you
used to have an advantage when it comes to DLC speed, because most of Europe is sleeping. :)

I'm not a spokesperson for the Site,
mind you.

But, the insane influx™ of Premium
Members recently and the good
work of modders, have put a heavy strain on the Servers. :)

The Forum, seems to have given some RaceGrade Gear Oil. :thumbsup:
Clearly noticable, by Mr. Nielski and others.
I tip my cap in their direction, for their hard work with the Site.

More is in the works.. according
to previous posts.

Have patience, m8. :)
Good things are coming.

used to have an advantage when it comes to DLC speed, because most of Europe is sleeping. :)
Well this is still true - anyone who can wait for Europe to go to bed will experience higher download speeds (by then, Asia is already in bed or having breakfast and not downloading :)).
But, the insane influx™ of Premium
Members recently and the good
work of modders, have put a heavy strain on the Servers.
Modders - yes, their stuphz are in great demand; Premium members - not (yet) impacting the bandwidth sharing.
Downloads are still painfully slow. Averaging maybe 150kb/s. One download had a part 2 held on a different site and got well over 5 mb/s speed.
Do you mean 150 kilobytes/second or kilobits/second? If the former, then that could mean you were unlucky and hit a really spectacularly busy time, OR that there's an issue with the connectivity between your ISP and ours. If the latter, then it's definitely not server load and is instead a connectivity issue - something to ask your ISP about.

The internet has always been a prime example of "weakest link". At best a signal leaves your computer and goes to your ISP, from there to a satellite uplink, back down to another ISP, to Racedepartment; but there may be other links along the way (TOR, anyone?). The transfer speed will be that of the slowest link in the chain; you may have a 100m connection, this site may have a 100m connection, but if anywhere between you is an overcrowded server or a bad connection, that is the speed you will get. In the US also blame the elimination of Net Neutrality, your ISP can throttle or block any connections for any "reason".

Another issue could be your anti-malware program, if set to real time scan it will be running a scan on the download as it is being downloaded, this can drastically affect d/l speeds; also check if your browser's security is checking downloads.

Thanks, jgf.
I've been able to get Gb-sized
files in minutes, all along..
Using only my phone, on wifi in
my favorite Cheeseburger
restaurant.. Nuts or Lucky... :)

downloads are very slow?
Well, peak time is generally afternoon/evening in the European time zones (see posts above). If you are getting slow downloads (like less than 2 MB/s) outside that window then you may be seeing a connectivity issue rather than a "busy server" issue.

Well, peak time is generally afternoon/evening in the European time zones (see posts above). If you are getting slow downloads (like less than 2 MB/s) outside that window then you may be seeing a connectivity issue rather than a "busy server" issue.
overall works fine only here on RD its slow

Well this is still true - anyone who can wait for Europe to go to bed will experience higher download speeds (by then, Asia is already in bed or having breakfast and not downloading :)).

Modders - yes, their stuphz are in great demand; Premium members - not (yet) impacting the bandwidth sharing.

Do you mean 150 kilobytes/second or kilobits/second? If the former, then that could mean you were unlucky and hit a really spectacularly busy time, OR that there's an issue with the connectivity between your ISP and ours. If the latter, then it's definitely not server load and is instead a connectivity issue - something to ask your ISP about.

Well it's only your site so unless my ISP had it out for you for some reason it is on your end. You have a thread here that's 15 pages long of download complaints.

I like supporting your site, but if it doesn't improve I'm won't be renewing my premium membership.

overall works fine only here on RD its slow
I wasn't meaning a connectivity issue with the whole internet, but something between your ISP and ours. (Put simply: if you have speed issues with downloads from RD at an off-peak time like 05:00 UTC then it's definitely not our server causing them.)
Well it's only your site so unless my ISP had it out for you for some reason it is on your end. You have a thread here that's 15 pages long of download complaints.

I like supporting your site, but if it doesn't improve I'm won't be renewing my premium membership.
See above. Also, to be fair, the thread is old and has covered many quite separate issues in its 6 years of life.
No pressure to continue Premium membership if you don't wish to. I'm yet to fully understand why the adjustments I have been working on for a while weren't working as intended during testing; as such I can't be sure when it'll be fixed.

OK in UK 11:30am BST right now I'm getting between 2.4MB/s to 5.2MB/s downloading a 500MB file and it took a couple of minutes

Last edited:
OK in UK 11:30am BST right now I'm getting between 2.4MB/s to 5.2MB/s downloading a 500MB file and it took a couple of minutes
I checked the server logs and it had enough spare bandwidth for a much faster download at that time today. In other words, the RD server wasn't causing the speed limitation. Maybe worth trying without your VPN active...

You clearly don't understand how the internet works at all.

It's June and the speed download is slow just like my turtle.
I took like an hour to download 200mb file. even tho I can download a 50gb in that same time period
Well, if your download was just before you posted, then our server wasn't the bottleneck I'm afraid. If this is routine for you at off-peak hours then the issue is probably worth reporting to your ISP.

Just to ask for my understanding because im from Switzerland. ISP means my Internet Provider? I can also only download at like 40-60kbs 12.06 19:30 CET. Didnt change anything at my pc and why should my internet provider do so?

Just to ask for my understanding because im from Switzerland. ISP means my Internet Provider? I can also only download at like 40-60kbs 12.06 19:30 CET. Didnt change anything at my pc and why should my internet provider do so?
Yup, ISP is Internet Service Provider - the company you pay to connect you to the Internet.
If you mean 60 kB/s (B for bytes, b for bits) then that's probably a result of the site being really busy today. If you really do mean 60 kilobits/s then the issue is not on our server though, and by asking your ISP about it, you can find out if the issue is something they can fix (it might be at their end, in their hardware/software; if not, it could be an issue in the equipment operated by RD's own ISP or - more problematic - somewhere in between your ISP and ours).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.