Sunday evening is always extraordinarily slow, but else some 300 MB downloads take just a few seconds. Bigger uploads seem be an issue tho, heard of Alfie that he did the upload of his last track via his phone as multiple PC browser weren't able to.

Today marks another historic low value. This is incredible. I wonder why the download / site speed is only slow in the evening hours. Morning hours / afternoon - full speed.
1657216229798.png

Today marks another historic low value. This is incredible. I wonder why the download / site speed is only slow in the evening hours. Morning hours / afternoon - full speed.
View attachment 580207
Well, the site is invariably busiest in the European afternoon to evening.
But your download speed is more than 10x slower than other non-Premium users are getting right now, and I believe that's because you're still with Deutsche Telekom, who would appear to be still having issues with their links to our ISP.

Hi, i just wanna ask if somebody also have really really slow downloads? Its strange i got maybe 2 or 3 downloads, and these downloads are very fast. But after maybe the third download all my downloads are very very slow, i mean i need over 1 hour for just 350Mb,
Like 120-40Mb/s.

is this maybe because im not a premium member? im using racedepartement for 10 years now, but my download speed just got slow in the last weeks/months.

Hi, i just wanna ask if somebody also have really really slow downloads? Its strange i got maybe 2 or 3 downloads, and these downloads are very fast. But after maybe the third download all my downloads are very very slow, i mean i need over 1 hour for just 350Mb,
Like 120-40Mb/s.

is this maybe because im not a premium member? im using racedepartement for 10 years now, but my download speed just got slow in the last weeks/months.
The site is often very busy, particularly in the (European) evenings on weekdays and from lunchtime on weekends. Premium members do currently get preferential speeds on downloads, or you can always download in the mornings.
Additionally, some ISPs have network issues in their connectivity to our ISP, which can make downloads particularly bad for their customers even when the site itself isn't overloaded (Deutsche Telekom comes up very frequently in this context).

The site is often very busy, particularly in the (European) evenings on weekdays and from lunchtime on weekends. Premium members do currently get preferential speeds on downloads, or you can always download in the mornings.
Additionally, some ISPs have network issues in their connectivity to our ISP, which can make downloads particularly bad for their customers even when the site itself isn't overloaded (Deutsche Telekom comes up very frequently in this context).
Ok thx, im not at deutsche Telekom, im at Pure. And the first 3 or 4 downloads are normal, but directly after that, i get only about 140 mbs......Its till the next day, then the first downloads fine, and after that slow again...Hmmm maybe it gets better, i will wait and see, thank you.

im in the states. hard wired gigabit fiber. trying to download the SOL mod. getting 60kbs/s. in over 30 years of having internet, I havent seen speeds this low ever since moving past dial up over 20 years ago. and i 100% guarantee it has nothing to do with some german ISP, as Im nowhere near germany. I always thought this site was legit, cream of the crop in the sim community. finally decided to get back into AC this afternoon and see whats been new mod wise, and looks like im not only gonna give up and get on something else, but the staff here refuse to admit fault, and instead continually blame some random ISP for thier incredibly slow speeds on their site.

shame.

... i have 1gb/s internet, yet RD only gives me 40kb/s.... so im better off just using mcdonalds wifi to download mods?

Attachments

• image_2022-07-10_210938883.png
    image_2022-07-10_210938883.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image_2022-07-10_210956132.png
    image_2022-07-10_210956132.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 46
... i have 1gb/s internet, yet RD only gives me 40kb/s.... so im better off just using mcdonalds wifi to download mods?
yeah. its pretty sad that a site so well known in the sim community not only has these issues, but apparently the people who run it has been blaming the problems on their users for years instead of taking responsibility for it and fixing it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.