Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Topuz. First thank you for the update! :thumbsup:

I was wondering if its normal to not see the shift lights (yellow/red) when using optimal shift lights at first? When i tick optimal shift lights i see no shift lights (the PNG's yellow/red around the app) even after many laps.

What car were you driving and does it happen with every car?
Yes mate. So far with all cars i tested. I dont know if something happened with it cause i remember when you first added that feature, and how it would show the yellow/red RPM lights but not perfect to the car, but after a couple laps it automatically adapted the lights. I installed the latest one and its the same. Previous and this one acts like this for me. Maybe i need to do some reg cleaning (for the app? Or maybe just app in game config "reset default" is enough) or reinstall AC.

Not sure what went wrong for you, but deleting the app folder from apps/python (backup personal_best and odometers folders if you want) and then reinstalling the app should be a safe bet. No need to reinstall entire game.

Not sure what went wrong for you, but deleting the app folder from apps/python (backup personal_best and odometers folders if you want) and then reinstalling the app should be a safe bet. No need to reinstall entire game.
Cheers i'll try that. I did remove the app but not PBs and the other folder. Are those 2 folders all the folders that Sidekick creates?

Sidekick doesn't create any folders by itself, only some of the files inside those folders. Either way, it's not of importance, just delete everything inside Sidekick folder except odometers and personal_best folders and drop the fresh ones back in. It's still a bit odd to me because the part of the code handling the shift calculation hasn't been changed at all since I introduced it. I suspect some rogue mod with improperly formatted data may have corrupted something, who knows... Maybe you just turned the shift lights off by accident?

Sidekick doesn't create any folders by itself, only some of the files inside those folders. Either way, it's not of importance, just delete everything inside Sidekick folder except odometers and personal_best folders and drop the fresh ones back in. It's still a bit odd to me because the part of the code handling the shift calculation hasn't been changed at all since I introduced it. I suspect some rogue mod with improperly formatted data may have corrupted something, who knows... Maybe you just turned the shift lights off by accident?
No they are on. When i turn off optimal shift lights the red/yellow come back on the app. And i dont use any other mod but yours. I have no idea... :(

In that case I honestly have no more ideas besides deleting an entire Sidekick app folder, doing a Steam integrity check and then installing Sidekick again.

In that case I honestly have no more ideas besides deleting an entire Sidekick app folder, doing a Steam integrity check and then installing Sidekick again.
It works... It was a mod car i think. Anyway it works properly now. Removed it completely again and reinstalled, tested an old Kunos car and it worked.

If you have an idea which one I would like to know in order to prevent stuff like this happening again.
Yes i will check. I also remember i drove the Praga last night and it didnt work on that either. But i always saved odo and PB when i reinstalled and it continued to not work. Now when i removed everything (i can do PBs again, no prob) it works. So it was not just mod cars. I think it was messed up completely - my fault of course for probably having left overs when installing the new app.

Im gonna test more cars and see if its all good.

I'm fully aware of it, however I firmly claim it's Kunos' colors that make no sense so I made them as I believe they should be in the first place. I mean, my brain simply refuses to accept the logic where available = green and in use = yellow. We don't follow the leaders blindly, do we? :)

Would it be possible to see the tire pressure in BAR in stead of PSI (which is totally unfamiliar to me), at least having the choice ?
I asked on the AC forum for that possibility, but got no answer.
However, it is mosty probably buried somewhere in the game, since I have also a dash running on a tablet, where the values show BAR (in AC) !? It is just that I don't use that page much.
Your Sidekick has the essentials ;)

Does anyone use a separate tire/fuel app at all in addition to sidekick? I like to see all the stats for those 2 that RE provided

Does anyone use a separate tire/fuel app at all in addition to sidekick? I like to see all the stats for those 2 that RE provided
As I mentioned in post #97, I use RS Dash (still beta). I did not keep records, but an occasional glance learns me that the values I get on RS Dash (tire temps and fuel) are the same as in Sidekick. Can't speak for the pressure since sidekick is showing PSI, while RS Dash uses BAR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back