Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
this app is excellent. but it has an impact on FPS on my computer. It seem to lower FPS by at least 10 FPS when it's a lot of opponents on track. I wonder if its possible to look into that.
Sidekick is pretty well optimized (3-4% additional CPU time on my system), if your fps drops with a lot of other cars on track it usually means you're already on the limit with CPU usage and the app is just a drop that spilled the cup.

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- All the settings are now available in game from the Sidekick settings sub-app; run it from the icon on the right or from the app sidebar
- Huge update to the way optimal shifts are calculated, the app now learns gear ratios on the fly and calculates shift points based on power in current and next gear (please read the updated info in the FAQ)
- Various small UI improvements (faster switchers, yellow shift light instead of orange, rounded plain background option, moved pin outside the app...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Am i right that you removed the orange RPM bar? I kept my old images and just notice the border_orange.png is not in the latest apps image folder.

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added all Tripl3 Pack car data to ideal temperatures and pressures list (+Audi A1 S1)
- Added brake temperature colors according to ideal brake temperatures along with ideal brake temperature data for the currently supported cars
- New format for compound and brake data (not relying on tyre short names any more), you will need to update the data for mod cars if you had any (example provided with Ferrari F2002)
- Added the option to show brake temperatures while braking
- Tyre compound info...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the reply mate regarding position on screen. Its no biggie as i already mentioned. Im used to moving it now. I just like to throw out ideas sometimes and since you've been in master app coding mode i thought maybe it would be fun to get some ideas you hadnt thought of and try it out. :) Saving app position coding skill could come in handy one day though hehe, but deffo not a must for this. We can do 1 damn thing ourselves after all the work you've done. :D Cheers.

hey man, great work on your apps!
is there any way to up the refresh rate? especially for the speedometer. it feels a little 30fps-ish, although my game runs with 60+.
i had a quick look in the .py file but didnt find anything. is there a way to make it refresh more often?

keep up the great work

The bars are indeed running at 30fps. I'll test 60fps and if there's no noticeable performance impact, I'll probably up them to 60fps for the next version.

The bars are indeed running at 30fps. I'll test 60fps and if there's no noticeable performance impact, I'll probably up them to 60fps for the next version.
great! thanks for the quick answer. in case of doubt you could just put it into a config file, leave a 30fps refresh rate as standard and people can switch to 60 (or even 120 :o ) when they think their pc can handle it. but you already know that, i remember race essentials doing something like this.

Great app, thanks!
But when loading any track with McLaren F1 GTR it kicks me back to the main menu. Don't know since when this happens. New document folder created, left settings to standard and only sidekick installed. Tested also with my buddies AC, but same stuff. Steam file check done also.

Last edited:
Great app, thanks!
But when loading any track with McLaren F1 GTR it kicks me back to the main menu. Don't know since when this happens. New document folder created, left settings to standard and only sidekick installed. Tested also with my buddies AC, but same stuff. Steam file check done also.

Hi Topuz,
Great app !
I have the same issue than Thomas Wiesel, loading the McLaren F1 GTR makes AC crashes...

Whoops. Fun fact: this McLaren F1 bug is actually a Kunos' fault with not following their own naming conventions. I'll make a quick fix later today.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back