Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added the auto looping feature per popular request (turned off by default, check settings sub-app to set it up)
- Bars are now displayed at 60fps
- Added brake data for Maserati 250f (seems to be working) and Lamborghini Aventador SV (definitely bugged); these cars don't officialy have brake temps, but the data was there so I added it
- Malformed tyre or brake data won't crash the game any more
- Several other bug fixes and tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can I disable the pedals app from settings? I might want to stick to 1.6 because HUD pedals have no use to me and it's getting a bit away from the "discreet" idea, becoming more like RaceEssentials. Could you add option to disable it (when disabled shorten the app bar to original length) but with the new improvements of 1.7?

Also, if you want to improve the app even more, maybe option to hide sections? Like if I don't need to see gear / speedometer, I could just disable it. And make the app smaller. Would be huge work though, and don't know if even possible.

Also, is there way to make the shift light line surrounding the app thinner?

It's extremely hard to dynamically position things in AC apps, especially with complex layout, textured backgrounds and quite a few images like Sidekick is using. Disabling sections and making everything look and work properly would require huge amounts of work, most likely more than than it took to make the rest of the app, so it's not going to happen unfortunately. Hope you'll find a way to live with pedals. :)

Shift lights are just images that are shown when necessary, you can always edit the color or make them look completely different with something like Photoshop.

I have to agree with ShredatorFIN, 1.7 is a bit of a step backwards for me. An option to hide the irritating pedals display, as you can with the rev bar, would be most welcome.

I have to agree with ShredatorFIN, 1.7 is a bit of a step backwards for me. An option to hide the irritating pedals display, as you can with the rev bar, would be most welcome.
For me it's non-essential. I know it can be useful visual aid to know exactly how much you press it + see the FFB clipping, but real cars have no such meters and I know my pedal set by now pretty well, and what % of it's range I'm using at a given moment. Gut feeling is enough for me, tbh I wouldn't need all of the other info either. Only times, pos/lap, temps.

I suppose we have to live with this, unless Topuz can release two separate versions, one without pedals. But it's probably too much work + gets too confusing for someone downloading the app. Personally still at 1.6 but I can't stick to it once new cars (Porsche) start to roll in.

Still great app, best honestly because the less there is HUD, better the immersion.

In an ideal world, where I have unlimited time and where I'm paid to do this stuff, I'd probably redo all the AC apps, unify the design, clearly define app duties, do a proper keyboard/wheel button support, make an extended API and elements for easy app-building, skinning and animating for everyone... But alas, none of this happens spontaneously. :unsure:

I also like the new pedal bar, I can now remove the default one from Kunos and that screen looks even cleaner now ;) My aim is to have the least apps to get the most immersive experience possible, your app is a real game changer for this.

I still cant figure out how you've been able to make such a pretty and configurable app with the limited tools the apps API gives, truly impressive :)

I also like the new pedal bar, I can now remove the default one from Kunos and that screen looks even cleaner now ;) My aim is to have the least apps to get the most immersive experience possible, your app is a real game changer for this.

I still cant figure out how you've been able to make such a pretty and configurable app with the limited tools the apps API gives, truly impressive :)
Thank you, comments like this really keep me inspired to do more. :)

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Tyre wear, temperature, pressure and brake temperature now have colors that smoothly transition from ideal values to ones that are not (the range can be customized from the settings sub-app)
- Pedals can be replaced with brand badge now
- Pedals/brand badge are now a button that opens a new sub-app called Sidekick car data; all data and info applies to currently driven car
- Implemented an odometer (total distance driven in car + distance covered in current session), you can see the data...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic work you've put into this. I was previously using several other apps at all times (Essentials, Performance Delta, and occasionally Pedal Bars) and this has allowed me to replace all of those (and more) with such a better looking app that takes up a fraction of the space on screen.

Bonus points for how you've been able to incorporate so much customization into the options with a single click on the app. It's almost impossible to make everyone happy with anything, but you've gone a long way towards making that a possibility. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%