Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Topuz submitted a new resource:

Sidekick - Your sidekick on the track

After spending a lot of time developing RaceEssentials, I wanted to try a different approach to see how it will work out. This time, I give you Sidekick, a discreet but powerful app. I've learned a lot about AC app development in the past several months and wanted to see how far I can take it. The goal was to make an app with essential data that won't be in your way, but it's still very useful, powerful and adaptable.

A quick overview of how...

Read more about this resource...

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added all Red Pack car data to ideal temperatures and pressures list (+Maserati Levante)
- Added several more customizable parameters:
- You can now disable both rpm lights
- FFB clipping threshold (in seconds) can be set to whatever you like
- You can now use a plain background if you wish (and set its transparency)
- Timings section now shows last lap time for several seconds after crossing the start/finish line
- Tyre section can now also show ideal temperatures and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added early support for brake temperatures, disabled by default since so few cars have it; if enabled from config.ini, it can be monitored from the tyre section
- Added DRS indicator with DRS zone detection
- Overhauled the code behind ERS/KERS monitoring, now with a bar showing how much energy is allowed to be spent in a lap (currently only used for F138 and SF15-T)
- Updated the shared memory Sim Info with the new AC 1.7.1 parameters

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not sure what this is but when i open the console i see maybe 8 rows with the same message:

"[PY ERROR]: apps/python/Sidekick\Sidekick.py (1063) 'int' object is not subscriptable".

Everything seems to work perfectly though. Thanks.

Not sure what this is but when i open the console i see maybe 8 rows with the same message:

"[PY ERROR]: apps/python/Sidekick\Sidekick.py (1063) 'int' object is not subscriptable".

Everything seems to work perfectly though. Thanks.
Don't worry about it, it's absolutely harmless, I'll fix it for the next update.

Thanks for the update Topuz!

Could it be possible to invert DRS colors? Right now in the official app thery're inverted (green DRS zone detected, yellow when enabled)
Another thing, could you please give us the chance to invert the two kers bars (I'd prefer having the energy left on the bottom)

Thanks again, great app. With transparent backgroud with the Rift is a must-have, non intrusive app

Could it be possible to invert DRS colors? Right now in the official app thery're inverted (green DRS zone detected, yellow when enabled)
Another thing, could you please give us the chance to invert the two kers bars (I'd prefer having the energy left on the bottom)

Thanks again, great app. With transparent backgroud with the Rift is a must-have, non intrusive app
You can just rename the drs_enabled icon to drs_available in the images folder and vice versa. I always found the Kunos colors confusing so I decided not to follow them.
No promises about the KERS bars, it's really a matter of taste, if I start making tiny stuff like this customizable I'll never have time for anything else. :)

You can just rename the drs_enabled icon to drs_available in the images folder and vice versa. I always found the Kunos colors confusing so I decided not to follow them.
No promises about the KERS bars, it's really a matter of taste, if I start making tiny stuff like this customizable I'll never have time for anything else. :)

Thanks, I find the colors chosen by Kunos confusing too (and I prefer yours), it was just to have them concordant when you have both apps open

Don't worry about it, it's absolutely harmless, I'll fix it for the next update.
Cheers.

BTW, i wanted to change the RPM limit for some cars and in the readme it says to open "config.py", to do that, but i dont have that file. I see Sidekick.py but im not smart enough to know how to change that since i cant see any car names. Any ideas?

And massive thanks for this app. It is amazing to say the least. Its everything i ever wanted in an app. :thumbsup: And since i mapped the app cycle/change to my wheel its even better as i can get all info while driving. Really an "official quality" app. Superb. :)

Cheers.

BTW, i wanted to change the RPM limit for some cars and in the readme it says to open "config.py", to do that, but i dont have that file. I see Sidekick.py but im not smart enough to know how to change that since i cant see any car names. Any ideas?

And massive thanks for this app. It is amazing to say the least. Its everything i ever wanted in an app. :thumbsup: And since i mapped the app cycle/change to my wheel its even better as i can get all info while driving. Really an "official quality" app. Superb. :)
I guess it,s a typo as I have that info in "config.ini"

Cheers.

Whoops, it should say config.ini. However, the rpm limits are currently global and not stored per car if that's what you were after. It may come one day, but it's much more complicated to get actual optimal shift points for every car than it seems. Think of it as a simple rpm limiter warning and not a super-advanced optimal shift point assistant. :)

Whoops, it should say config.ini. However, the rpm limits are currently global and not stored per car if that's what you were after. It may come one day, but it's much more complicated to get actual optimal shift points for every car than it seems. Think of it as a simple rpm limiter warning and not a super-advanced optimal shift point assistant. :)
Ah ok gotcha. Thx. :)

I made one that is red with white text when enabled (fits with the red RPM limit color perfectly) and green with black text when in DRS zone. Different font as well. Hope thats ok @Topuz :)

Cant upload zip's here and i dont know if them i uploaded will be of worse quality. But if you want them just PM me and i zip them up for you.

Attachments

• drs_available.png
    drs_available.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 768
  • drs_enabled.png
    drs_enabled.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 765
Haven't tested 1.3 yet, my comment is about 1.2.

Is there anyway to disable the "consider lowering FFB gain" message?
It's really obnoxious and i'm fully aware it clips on certain points of the track.

Other than that this a great app, more discrete and just as good as useful as the race essentials.

Haven't tested 1.3 yet, my comment is about 1.2.

Is there anyway to disable the "consider lowering FFB gain" message?
It's really obnoxious and i'm fully aware it clips on certain points of the track.

Other than that this a great app, more discrete and just as good as useful as the race essentials.
Yes, have a look in config.ini file, there's an option to disable this notification.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back