Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Topuz updated Sidekick with a new update entry:

- Added all Porsche Pack 1 car data to ideal temperatures and pressures list (+Porsche Panamera)
- Redone the pedal bars for cleaner look and better visibility
- Added the option to disable section buttons in order to prevent accidental clicks when moving the app or clicking "through" another UI element (disabled by default)
- Split the settings sub-app into two columns to make sure the window fits to screen when using lower resolutions
- Several other bug fixes and tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for the update. :thumbsup:

Personally i dont like to know track grip. I want to feel it and adapt. Some info you just dont have, and when you play SP you know exactly what the grip is, and when going MP it says what the grip is, so i think that would just be cluttering the app. IMO of course.

In multy the grip is dynamic and changes during the race session, we do races to 120 min, and it would be nice to know the percentage of grip for the pit stop strategy.
You feel it in AC really well thanks to the FFB. When the car is about to slip you know how hard you can push. :) Just like in real life. With the initial grip info you kinda know how the car will behave. It's something that come with experience/time in the sim though. Sometimes we get too dependent on info in sims i think. I saw someone who had 3 gear apps at the same time lolz! :D Imo Topuz has managed to give us the most vital info without cluttering and kept the app really nice, small and clean.

Wonderfull App, very helpfull.

A Question. How can I open the sub-app.
marker.png
I can not find a possibility

Hi Topuz,

I have a question for you ....as some of us are not sure of what exactly means and how is calculated your..."Tyre Wear" in SideKick. ;)

Why this question: the difference of % between your "Tyre wear" and the same with other apps.
While yours starts from 100% ( after a few kms on track ) falling to ( let's say randomly as example ) 30% .... other apps also starts from 100% the same way falling only to 93 % ( once again a random example ).

are these different % only due to a different scale ?... or does it finally show a more detailed calculation taking more data into account ? how can you explain such a difference in % ?

Should there be a difference for example showing tyre efficiency left ( SideKick ) and just grip ( other apps ) ?

Thanks in advance for your detailed answer ....
It's not curiosity but well interest in your app bringing those questions.

Best regards,
Jempy

NB: for your pain :roflmao: and of course your app, I'll send you a beer or more beers afterwards. ;)
Sorry I cannot send you our belgian beers. Internet doens't give this option yet ! :whistling:

Hey Jempy,

The app gets tyre wear data from the game in the range 0-100%, and that's what most other apps show, without any changes.
However, as Stefano (or maybe it was Aris, not sure) mentioned on multiple occasions, anything below 94% is borderline undriveable. So, in order to make it more logical, to increase the precision and save screen space, by default I treat 94% (and everything below 94%) as 0% and scale everything by 16 (16.66 actually, because the interval 94-100% is 16.66 times shorter than 0-100%).
This way, the interval 94-100% as the game reports it becomes 0-100% as Sidekick displays it. In my opinion, this makes the data more sensible. For example 96.2% (as the game reports it) doesn't seem like anything you should worry about while driving, but once scaled it becomes ~36%, and it makes you realize you've actually worn the tyre quite a bit. As an additional bonus, you don't have to process the decimals with your brain/eyes while driving and it takes up less space.
If for whatever reason you don't like this scale, you can decrease the wear scale to 8 for example, and that would make Sidekick take into account twice longer interval (88-100% as the game reports it), and previous example of 96.2% (as the game reports it) would become ~67% as displayed by Sidekick.
If you set the wear scale to 1, Sidekick displays the exact data received by the game, without any scaling, although without any decimal points, so quite imprecise.
The colors however, always follow Kunos' official tyre app where the wear turns yellow below 98% as the game reports it (this will happen at 66% with wear scale 16 in Sidekick) and red below 96% as the game reports it (this will happen at 33% with wear scale 16 in Sidekick) regardless of wear scale. This is one more reason why 16 is default, since it gives nice equal thirds for coloring where 0-33% will be red, 33-66% will be yellow, and 66-100% is green. The wear colors are affected by the scale only in a sense that you will "hit" the color changes on higher numbers as Sidekick displays them. It's important to comprehend that no tyre wear data is actually ever changed, but only scaled for convenience, and that's why the color changes will happen independently (and always at the same time) of the actual wear numbers shown, which are dependent on the currently set wear scale.
Hopefully this was clear enough. :)

Thanks for your complete explanation, Topuz :thumbsup:
Precise, .... long :laugh: ... easy to understand ( and still easier when translated in mind ).

And to summarize this explanation:
With scale 16 (rather 16.66 to also be precise ) 1% loss in AC wear ( 99 ) is 16,66 loss in SideKick (83 )
.... and 5% loss AC Wear ( 95 ) is 83.3 loss in Sidekick wear ( 17 ) .... ( in this case, else said high time to change tyres in pits if more than 1 or 2 laps left to drive ! :whistling: )

Will be translated in french tomorrow if I find a bit of free time.
Sending you a few beers in the meantime this evening. ;)

100-0.jpg

Look, here it's 100, but when I've downloaded Sidekick for the first time, it was like 35, 40, 50 degrees, when I was drifting or racing it was gradually increasing up to 100, 150. For now the scale is from 100 to 0 degrees, I don't understand, how? How to change it to the first option? PS. pressing "Default" doesn't work.

Hi @Topuz

Starting yesterday, I suddenly don't see the pedals/FFB meter anymore in Sidekick. In the settings I can still change pedals to the vehicle logo, and the logo is shown, but not the pedals. The original pedal AC app still shows my inputs.

I tried deleting the Sidekick folder in my SC installation and redownloaded and reinstalled Sidekick (not just the app, but the whole folder structure), but the pedals are still not visible. Everything else works as expected. I'm using v1.9.1.

This sounds like a conflict with another app. I heard people complaining about new FFBClip version breaking the rendering queue. Try disabling it if you have it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back