Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I'm having a issue with sidekick on the replay mode. I've seen from friends that sidekick changes during a replay to show current laptime, however, for me the app just stays the same as in a race, and it actually doesnt show anything. Does anybody know why would this be? Thank you.

Has anyone solved this issue? I'm having the same problem. Sidekick works perfect during races but not during replays

I've re-implemented Sidekick in SimHub, mainly with rFactor 2 in mind. With a permission from Topuz.

If you're interested have a look here:

Is there any way to change the color of the DRS indicator? I'm a colorblind person and really hard for me to distinguish the color when the DRS is available and when the DRS is open. Especially in the middle of a race. Two slightly different colors would be a best for me.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is AC's thread, somehow I though it was about my version, notification mislead me.
@ChrisWinter even though this probably does not concern you could you please hint me at RGB values of colors for DRS indicator (yellow and green) and Gear Shift indicators (yellow and red) that would cover as much color blidness variants as possible. I'd implement in my SimHub version.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is AC's thread, somehow I though it was about my version, notification mislead me.
@ChrisWinter even though this probably does not concern you could you please hint me at RGB values of colors for DRS indicator (yellow and green) and Gear Shift indicators (yellow and red) that would cover as much color blidness variants as possible. I'd implement in my SimHub version.
I don't know how can i give you exact RGB values. The only hint i can give you is that for my type of color blindness two slightly different colors works well (for example: Yellow-Blue or Yellow-Red, Yellow-White, etc.). If two colors are too close each other on the color grade, than i have difficulties to tell the difference.

There are several types of color blindness. I have Deutan color blindness (also known as deuteranomaly). It is a type of red-green color blindness in which the green cones in the eye detect too much red light and not enough green light.

As a result, certain shades of red, yellow, green, and brown can appear similar, especially in low light. It may also be difficult to tell the difference between blues and purples, or pinks and grays.

Sorry for the off topic content.

Last edited:
I can't get Sidekick to show up in AC any more. It used to work fine, but a few months back it stopped showing up. It shows up in "Apps" in Settings, but not "App Windows". I also have Ferito Live Car Tracker, Sol and CSP and Helicorsa installed if that helps narrow down the issue.

Did you check if it's well activated.
If SideKick is well included in the list in Content Manager but is not checked ( square just before its name ) ... it will not be active and you will not see it in the App Windows at the right in game.

hey guys the app is great but i have a problem.
i use a to drive and while driving its very hard to change alt+a when on accelerator. is there anyway to change it from a to something else?

hey guys the app is great but i have a problem.
i use a to drive and while driving its very hard to change alt+a when on accelerator. is there anyway to change it from a to something else?
Yup, it's pretty trivial.
If you open up the Sidekick.py file and look for "RegisterHotKey" you'll find the lines (right down at the end of the file) that set up the hotkey. This MS doc page will help you. Basically, to change it to "Alt-D" you'd change the 65 to 68 in this bit of code: ctypes.windll.user32.RegisterHotKey(None, 1, 1, 65) #Alt + A but feel free to ask if you can't figure out how to make your chosen shortcut work.

Did you check if it's well activated.
If SideKick is well included in the list in Content Manager but is not checked ( square just before its name ) ... it will not be active and you will not see it in the App Windows at the right in game.
Yes, it's activated but it still won't show up. I tried deactivating and reactivating it but it still won't show up in App Windows.

Just in order to be sure .... use the original Kunos launcher, check if the app is well activated in the general options and launch a session.
If it is definitely activated there also and also absent in the app window, .... I'd suggest to reinstall the app.

How do you install apps ? ... CM, JSGME or manually ?
Do you have problems with other apps ?

Except a bad install, we'll have to search for something else. ;)

Just in order to be sure .... use the original Kunos launcher, check if the app is well activated in the general options and launch a session.
If it is definitely activated there also and also absent in the app window, .... I'd suggest to reinstall the app.

Might also be worth looking in the log files (including py_log.txt) in Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs.
And it never hurts to hit the Home key to bring up the console - to see if any errors have shown up there. (I am pretty confident that not everything that hits the console ends up in a log.)

Yes, it's activated but it still won't show up. I tried deactivating and reactivating it but it still won't show up in App Windows.

Had the same problem until I've installed this custom version: Sidekick Extended; google it ;)

Hey, I've updated Sidekick with a few new features and bug fixes:

sidekicke14.jpg

Rather google: sidekick v1.14 .... this one works better for sure.

NB sorry @Davide Nativo .... as I tried the one you mentioned and got many unuseful links for something very different. ;)

NB as there are possible problems with the app in this download here, should it be possible to make an exception and give a link here to this possible download.
I know that's contrary to RD rules but in this case the exception might be understood as there are good reasons for it.

Last edited:

I initially installed it using CM, I tried installing it manually but that didn't work either. I tried installing Sidekick Extended too but that wouldn't show up either.

Here's the py_log contents I got from a few minutes ago:
Code:
ferito-LiveCarTracker : loading
ferito-LiveCarTracker : trackLengthStr 1946m
ferito-LiveCarTracker : trackLengthMts 1946.0
ferito-LiveCarTracker : loaded
Updates to ini file detected, will update C:\Users\ciara\Documents\Assetto Corsa/cfg/apps/helicorsa.ini
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_A.png for grade A: 9
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_B.png for grade B: 10
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_C.png for grade C: 11
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_D.png for grade D: 12
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_N.png for grade N: 13
helicorsa::loading texture apps/python/helicorsa/img/car_candy_W.png for grade W: 14
helicorsa::SP detected, no MR data requested
helicorsa::acMain finished
[helicorsa: error] Type error: function takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given) [no traceback]

I had a look in my own py_log and there's nothing there about SideKick while this one is showing and working perfectly in game.

I'm using CM App Menu at the right and SideKick appears in the "Your Apps" folder ... and visible of course only if this folder is extended with a click on the title of this folder. ;) ( just to be sure it is well so also in your case )

No, not keen on external links to mods. Does anyone know of a reason why the new version of Sidekick hasn't been placed here on RD?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 24.3%