Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Somehow it's working again. It didn't work yesterday when I did a Practice session, but it did work today when I did a Race Weekend. I didn't disable any other mods or edit any settings, either in vanilla AC or CSP.

Why do the stock cars that come with AC not have tire temp with this mod? Several do but many do not. Just wondering if it is a bug or are not all cars supported?

Is there any way to change the color of the DRS indicator? I'm a colorblind person and really hard for me to distinguish the color when the DRS is available and when the DRS is open. Especially in the middle of a race. Two slightly different colors would be a best for me.

In this folder (or similiar depending where you installed Assetto)
Code:
E:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\Sidekick\images

There are four images that are used for the DRS indicator:
drs_available.png
drs_enabled.png
drs_available_twoline.png
drs_enabled_twoline.png

You should be able to edit them to be different colours with any image editor (photoshop, paint.net, etc)

Last edited:
Why do the stock cars that come with AC not have tire temp with this mod? Several do but many do not. Just wondering if it is a bug or are not all cars supported?
Why some cars don't have any tyre temps is a mystery to me. I've only ever seen it effect some mod cars though, so I'd assumed it was something to do with the mods.
Which Kunos cars are you seeing have this problem?

Spent an hour trying to get this to work.
ERROR LOADING MODULE : sys.path.append
Useless
Google only gives "me too" results

Not enough info to give me any idea what the problem is. Post entire the contents of
C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt

to pastebin.com or similar and I'll have a look.

Last edited:
Installed the Sidekick folder in my steamapps/common/assettocorsa/apps/python folder. Enabled it in settings. The app is not showing in game. This is the error code I get in console:
=================
Python [ERROR] File apps/python/sidekick/sidekick.py not found in folder

Python [ERROR] File apps/python/Sidekick_v1.11.1/Sidekick_v1.11.1.py not found in folder
=================
Within the Sidekick_v1.11.1 folder itself, I can see the sidekick.py file here ==> Sidekick_v1.11.1/apps/python/Sidekick

I do not see any Sidekick_v1.11.1.py file within the folder, though.

Can someone shed some light as to why the app isn't showing up in game?

Thanks.

It looks like a wrong install as ....
File apps/python/Sidekick_v1.11.1/Sidekick_v1.11.1.py .... this folder and file don't exist with this name.

Uninstall what you installed and proceed that way

Open zip file with 7Zip for example, select both included folders "content" et "apps" and move them to Assetto Corsa root folder.

Simply placing the downloaded zip file in game doesn't work and surely might give this kind of error in the console.

It looks like a wrong install as ....
File apps/python/Sidekick_v1.11.1/Sidekick_v1.11.1.py .... this folder and file don't exist with this name.

Uninstall what you installed and proceed that way

Open zip file with 7Zip for example, select both included folders "content" et "apps" and move them to Assetto Corsa root folder.

Simply placing the downloaded zip file in game doesn't work and surely might give this kind of error in the console.

Thanks, Jempy. I moved the files and it works now. Appreciate the answer to my newb question.

1616627815800.png

Anyone know how to fix this DELTA not showing on the app ?
I miss it so much

Have you clicked the field ? There's different possibilities. Anyway, it's working fine here.
It only just dawned on me to install it again it works now I missed that delta so much its unreal,
best app ever made this sidekick! get 50 stars from me.

I cannot for the life of me get this app to work. AC doesn't see it. Content Manager doesn't see it. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. I dragged it into my AC folder. I have checked the scripts to make sure Python is enabled. I have reinstalled AC but nothing works.

I've downloaded this and installed it via CM, I have checked sidekick in the app section of CM. However when I launch a race Sidekick isn't appearing in the vertical app menu, so currently it looks like I have no way of making it appear on screen.

Any help would be massively appreciated

Edit: I've tried all the trouble shooting in the read me file with no luck and in the console the error I'm getting is: ERROR] ERROR LOADING MODULE : sys.path.append ('apps/python/Sidekick')

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 98 72.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages