Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Another steering wheel added to my cockpit, this time a magnificent Sparco Champion R330, 33 cm, in perforated leather, completelly round and without grip shapes, almost round grip section, installed with a 3 cm aluminium spacer. Now I need to design and make a holder to clamp my other rims on the wall.

sparco-champion-test1.jpg

Also, after the mod I made to my HE handbrake, since it was moved to the back for a more ergonomic use, I realized I had room to reinstall my old mouse tray, in a place that is more comfortable to reach than my little tray to the right of the Mige (which I have left anyway, as a handy place to leave my cell phone while driving).

bandeja-raton-recolocada.jpg

I have change my wheel from g920 to fanatec csw 2.5 and mode my g920 pedals with loadcell and derek speare 12bit controller
Fanatec csw v2.5 feels so powerful after 920, with g920 i have lose car control on fast corners and cars back and spin mostly, with fanatec for now car control is superb.

Attachments

• 75D7C15A-8BAD-432D-A6F2-BD7C01E348BC.jpeg
    75D7C15A-8BAD-432D-A6F2-BD7C01E348BC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • 29756C56-511B-474B-BF3E-527641226029.jpeg
    29756C56-511B-474B-BF3E-527641226029.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
  • A677268E-D14A-4243-85E7-C12CF0BE4B45.jpeg
    A677268E-D14A-4243-85E7-C12CF0BE4B45.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • 95766506-636D-459A-9899-62AB006172CE.jpeg
    95766506-636D-459A-9899-62AB006172CE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
  • 36C3A54C-184D-4F75-95E0-CD13A524CF9F.jpeg
    36C3A54C-184D-4F75-95E0-CD13A524CF9F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
So I finally also built an aluminum profile rig. Because it will replace both my wooden folding rig and my computer desk it has to provide all the input methods i need (obviously steering wheel for sim racing, HOTAS mainly for Elite Dangerous but also a comfortable position for keyboard and mouse use).

To switch between K&M and HOTAS I just lift the right armrest (it has a hinge on the rear end) and rotate the mouse/joystick board by 180°.
To switch to driving mode I rotate the mouse/joystick board by 90° and slide it to the back, bringing the shifter into position. Then, swing the keyboard tray to the side and swing the steering wheel into position and lock it with two indexing plungers.
To get into the rig, the flight throttle is mounted on a hinged frame that swings open like a suicide door (with a magnetic catch for the closed position). For the slider and turntable on the right side I used ball catches (the joystick uses hall sensors so I didn't want any magnets near it).

Next step will be to add a DIY load cell E-Brake and button box :)

res_R_FPS.JPGres_R_ED.JPGres_R_SR.JPGres_L_ED.JPGres_L_SR.JPG

Hi bro
Yes I still remembere those years of GT planet and my passion for sim racing had started in even before GT3 planet days in 2001. We still waiting your project...

Things must be good in the land of Israel :)

I am making progress with my own rig, honest...
Yet it will take time to buy the nice hardware toys after the main build is done.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Started sim racing 5 years ago ready to realise my childhood dream like probably many of us here :) What got me excited was a clip of someone playing Dirt3 with triple screen (I rarely play any "games") there was a wow factor there, for sure! Also was really attracted to rally racing and wanted to go in that direction and since then I have discovered so much more about car racing & tracks in general, it is really amazing. Well, at the time I had to find a solution for a tight space, an easy to move setup and also a minimal investment since I was not 100% convince I would use it plenty? So I made a cad version of what I envisioned for my wheel and pedal support to be fabricated (made by a woodman friend) and added a little bit of a rally theme (the Ford Fiesta, the 500k version not the 15k obviously, hehe !) 5 years later I still have about the same setup (the main wood frame) which I utilized pretty much every day. And since then upgraded a few things; went from a T300 wheel to the TS-PC + the Fanatec pedals (with a new pedestal wood frame to raise them up) + a racing seat on my sofa (I started with a go-kart seat) + a bigger bass shaker (BK LFE) with a more powerful amp + a VR headset the Rift S (I started with a flat screen) + (2) usb fans + what I consider now an essential pieces of kit some Skullcandy headphone with bass tactile feedback integrated, really is a game changer for me :)

Looking at all the other setup here is really nice to see the passion translated, one day I might find more space and go for a more conventional one.

Cheers and happy racing !

11.jpg

66.jpg

22.jpg

77.jpg

33.jpg

4d4.jpg

5d5.jpg

My original setup (Now exclusively VR)
ggg_16.jpg

Last edited:
Magnetic Interchangeable labels is a fabulous idea! I never labelled my buttons because their use changed based on the game being played, but these interchangeable labels would solve that issue.

Did you make these yourself or buy them?

Cheers

I designed everything from scratch. I 3D printed with two colors and purchased 5x2mm neodymium magnets.
I have instructions here.

For that matter the entire Dash from side to side is here.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.