Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Apart from the GS-5 en route I *think* I am nearly done and quite proud of everything. Set up a GoPro to grab this evening's Skippy race, if folks are curious if be happy to make a walk through video of how I installed anything into a somewhat limited space.

The kit:

RSeat S1
Samsung 49" display
Fanatec DD2
HPP-PRX SE
Sim Racing studios wind and tachometer kits
X 2 butt kicker advance mounted under the seat (drilled l/r)
Clark Synthesis Silver mounted lower back
Aura under pedals
Stream deck 15 button

After some months of work and patience, my new rig is finished. If you remember, my previous rig was made of MDF, solid and heavy, but not very beautiful. This one is as strong but looks much more high-tech and has the advantage of adjustability. It's all made with heavy aluminium profiles (45x45 and 45x90), aseembled with a combination of machining and brackets. Some elements are made of MDF (painted), such as the pedal deck and the stand for the mouse and keyboard. The base is a laminated board with teflon feet (for easy sliding), which goes well for placing stuff such as cables, the amplifier of the bodyshakers, the power strip, etc. The servo is sitting on a 6 mm thick aluminium plate. Its name (WRS) and decoration stress the idea that my cockpit is designed with rally (my favorite discipline) in mind, from the driving position to the selection of elements (push-pull shifter, vertical handbrake, lever for wiper, front plate for the steering wheel, dashboard layout design, etc.). I've tried to keep and improve the ergonomics of my previous rig and I'm very happy with the results. I hope you like it.

WRS-001.jpg

WRS-002.jpg

WRS-003.jpg

WRS-005.jpg
WRS-004.jpg

WRS-006.jpg

WRS-007.jpg

WRS-008.jpg

WRS-009.jpg

WRS-010.jpg

Last edited:
After some months of work and patience, my new rig is finished. If you remember, my previous rig was made of MDF, solid and heavy, but not very beautiful. This one is as strong but looks much more high-tech and has the advantage of adjustability. It's all made with heavy aluminium profiles (45x45 and 45x90), aseembled with a combination of machining and brackets. Some elements are made of MDF (painted), such as the pedal deck and the stand for the mouse and keyboard. The base is a laminated board with teflon feet (for easy sliding), which goes well for placing stuff such as cables, the amplifier of the bodyshakers, the power strip, etc. The servo is sitting on a 6 mm thick aluminium plate. Its name (WRS) and decoration stress the idea that my cockpit is designed with rally (my favorite discipline) in mind, from the driving position to the selection of elements (push-pull shifter, vertical handbrake, lever for wiper, front plate for the steering wheel, dashboard layout design, etc.). I've tried to keep and improve the ergonomics of my previous rig and I'm very happy with the results. I hope you like it.

WRS-001.jpg

WRS-002.jpg

WRS-003.jpg

WRS-005.jpg
WRS-004.jpg

WRS-006.jpg

WRS-007.jpg

WRS-008.jpg

WRS-009.jpg

WRS-010.jpg

Nicely done, could you give me specifics on the dash display and case it’s in and the fan and switch unit, cheers.

Nicely done, could you give me specifics on the dash display and case it’s in and the fan and switch unit, cheers.

The dash display is quite common, basically the cheap 5" HDMI monitor many users purchase for this (sorry I don't have the link here). It's installed screwed to a plate cut in lexan ( or plexiglass, or whatever you call it), and wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl. The hood is made with 3D printing. It's attached to the back of the servo with double side tape. The software is SimHub. The screen window and the design of the dashboard layout is made widescreen because from my sitting position the rim covers a little the view of the top of the 4:3 screen. I also considered installing the monitor in front of the servo but the position was too high.

The fan is taken from this. I used one of the pieces from this pack, to mount it on the aluminium profile (cutting a bolt to be able to use a tslot nut). To attach the fan to the flexible holder I cut a little piece of aluminium. The switch enclosure is made with 3D printing.

ventilador-instalado.jpg

Last edited:
The dash display is quite common, basically the cheap 5" HDMI monitor many users purchase for this (sorry I don't have the link here). It's installed screwed to a plate cut in lexan ( or plexiglass, or whatever you call it), and wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl. The hood is made with 3D printing. It's attached to the back of the servo with double side tape. The software is SimHub. The screen window and the design of the dashboard layout is made widescreen because from my sitting position the rim covers a little the view of the top of the 4:3 screen. I also considered installing the monitor in front of the servo but the position was too high.

The fan is taken from this. I used one of the pieces from this pack, to mount it on the aluminium profile (cutting a bolt to be able to use a tslot nut). To attach the fan to the flexible holder I cut a little piece of aluminium. The switch enclosure is made with 3D printing.

Thanks, is there a download for the 3D model of the hood?

@Elaphe I really like your rig! Nicely done and to high standards. I also use SimHub, but with a Nextion 4.3". Which dash layout / skin do you use?
I always wonder if a DIY aluminium profile rig is really much cheaper than, say, a Sim-labs GT1EVO. Can you shed some light here?

Cheers!

Thanks, is there a download for the 3D model of the hood?

Sure, I have most of my designs made with Tinkercad.

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/f1NhYicwWa0
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7wyj0fxJPUV
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iAC37Tyiu2M
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/5B5HSa5RYur
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/a1s4IJ0wSlL
A 2D vector file that may be usefull: http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/temp/dashboard-monitor.pdf

I also made it with Maycad (a 3D design program specifically made for t-slot profiles):
http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/temp/WRS-cockpit.scene

Last edited:
@Elaphe I really like your rig! Nicely done and to high standards. I also use SimHub, but with a Nextion 4.3". Which dash layout / skin do you use?
I always wonder if a DIY aluminium profile rig is really much cheaper than, say, a Sim-labs GT1EVO. Can you shed some light here?

Cheers!

As regard the price, my order to Motedis was around 500€, although if you use normal profiles instead of heavy you will save some money. I ordered more parts than I really needed. Maybe between 300 and 400 € could enough to match a GT1 or even a P1.

I use my own layouts, usually the one on the left, which is more rally style. Someday I will record a video of them working.

simhub-dashboards.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info! @Elaphe
That would be the price bracket I expected it to cost. Main benefit is the custom design then.
I also designed some own layouts, but not yet satisfied with them. Temporarily I use a third party one and try to come up with clever ideas on how I want it to look like. I would prefer a more generic one like yours with added tyre temps.

[QUOTE = "Elaphe, post: 2992826, member: 246570"] Dopo alcuni mesi di lavoro e pazienza, il mio nuovo rig è finito. Se ricordi, la mia attrezzatura precedente era fatta di MDF, solida e pesante, ma non molto bella. Questo è forte ma sembra molto più high-tech e ha il vantaggio di regolabilità. Tutto è realizzato con profili in ...

WRS-007.jpg

[/CITAZIONE]
Very nice! Congratulations!
I like everything but in particular I wanted to ask you information on the paddle shifter WRC.
Thanks

[QUOTE = "Elaphe, post: 2992826, member: 246570"] Dopo alcuni mesi di lavoro e pazienza, il mio nuovo rig è finito. Se ricordi, la mia attrezzatura precedente era fatta di MDF, solida e pesante, ma non molto bella. Questo è forte ma sembra molto più high-tech e ha il vantaggio di regolabilità. Tutto è realizzato con profili in ...

[/CITAZIONE]
Very nice! Congratulations!
I like everything but in particular I wanted to ask you information on the paddle shifter WRC.
Thanks

Thank you everybody for the kind words.

As regard the shifter, the mechanism is from Ascher Racing. I didn't like the provided flat carbon fiber paddle, so I make one with 3D printing, longer, more curved, much more comfortable. I sanded it, applied xtc resin, more sanding, prime, more sanding, spray paint... I designed and printed a module to be able to attach the mechanism. You can find the files in the links I provided. This module is bolted to the front plate, which is also custom made in two pieces (cut in composite aluminium). I used the spacers that came with the Ascher Racing shifter to adjust the distance from the rim. The PCB used for the shifter is a Zero Delay encoder, which I also use for the left lever (wiper function). This one is a shifter by SimRacingCoach, with a custom lever cut in lexan and covered with vinyl. This encoder is inside a little black plastic box just below the front of the Mige servo.

Thank you everybody for the kind words.

As regard the shifter, the mechanism is from Ascher Racing. I didn't like the provided flat carbon fiber paddle, so I make one with 3D printing, longer, more curved, much more comfortable. I sanded it, applied xtc resin, more sanding, prime, more sanding, spray paint... I designed and printed a module to be able to attach the mechanism. You can find the files in the links I provided. This module is bolted to the front plate, which is also custom made in two pieces (cut in composite aluminium). I used the spacers that came with the Ascher Racing shifter to adjust the distance from the rim. The PCB used for the shifter is a Zero Delay encoder, which I also use for the left lever (wiper function). This one is a shifter by SimRacingCoach, with a custom lever cut in lexan and covered with vinyl. This encoder is inside a little black plastic box just below the front of the Mige servo.
Really fantastic!
Thanks and congratulations again

Apart from the GS-5 en route I *think* I am nearly done and quite proud of everything. Set up a GoPro to grab this evening's Skippy race, if folks are curious if be happy to make a walk through video of how I installed anything into a somewhat limited space.

The kit:

RSeat S1
Samsung 49" display
Fanatec DD2
HPP-PRX SE
Sim Racing studios wind and tachometer kits
X 2 butt kicker advance mounted under the seat (drilled l/r)
Clark Synthesis Silver mounted lower back
Aura under pedals
Stream deck 15 button
This new skippy is so stable, you can throw it into the corners......haha

Very funny dude

ya. just mount something to the bottom of your pedals then get ano6ther rigid material, mount that to your desk then connect the 2. biggest cost is in brackets but can get by with out[

QUOTE="Chrisuu, post: 2983931, member: 6990"]I was wondering if there are any solutions for mounting just a pedal set.
I'm fine with my t150 mounted to my a desk.

I just seen something to fit my pedals to so they don't slip and the foot rest area doesn't flip up during braking. Are any of you aware of any options for this that don't cost the same as wheelstand from which I wouldn't even use the wheel mounting plate?.

It doesn't have to be pretty it could even be super DIY as long as the pedals just stay firmly in place.
Feels like a crap shoot but if there's any chance of finding one after days of googling I figured this would be the place.[/QUOTE]

WRS-001.jpg

WRS-002.jpg

WRS-003.jpg

WRS-005.jpg
WRS-004.jpg

WRS-006.jpg

WRS-007.jpg

WRS-008.jpg

WRS-009.jpg

WRS-010.jpg
So fresh and so clean, clean!

Could I ask for a link to a flexible goose neck that can be bolted to 80/20 for camera mounting etc? Never can find one.

Last edited:
Message for aluminium sim racers.
Do you have an inclined your bucket seat?

I just installed an OMP TRS and I encounter some back pain..
Thanks !

Attached the updated rig :D

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Message for aluminium sim racers.
Do you have an inclined your bucket seat?

I just installed an OMP TRS and I encounter some back pain..
Thanks !

Attached the updated rig :D

Can’t tell in that photo how much your seat is leaned back, doesn’t look like much if any, I have a slight lean back with my Sparco bucket seat, a few degrees maybe.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.3%