Show us your Rig / Cockpit

that looks not very ergonomical...no wonder your back hurts

I'm also sitting in a bucket seat, but with side mounting and side mounts, so very adjustable - not sure if there are holes in your seat to do such a thing - but you should be able to manufacture something, maybe needs some more aluminium profiles to do so

this as it is, defently not comfortable I guess, for longer sessions - keep your back healthy!

that looks not very ergonomical...no wonder your back hurts

I'm also sitting in a bucket seat, but with side mounting and side mounts, so very adjustable - not sure if there are holes in your seat to do such a thing - but you should be able to manufacture something, maybe needs some more aluminium profiles to do so

this as it is, defently not comfortable I guess, for longer sessions - keep your back healthy!

I just ordered side mounts for the omp to reverse a bit the seat.
Then I will try once again

I just ordered side mounts for the omp to reverse a bit the seat.
Then I will try once again
Where is the pain? You might need additional lumbar support, lack of which can be a major cause of back pain when sitting for long periods. There are proper race seat lumbar (and other) support cushions available, and possibly ones custom-made for your seat.

Joined recently, mainly for the SFX-100 resources here. Here's the pre-SFX rig.

RSeat N-1 Chassis
OSW wheel w/custom rims with through-hub wiring
HPP 3P-PRX-SE pedals
custom handbrake
DSS sequential shifter
Next Level Racing v3 motion platform
custom built PC and various other bits to mount it all on the N-1.

I race about 2/3 time in Oculus VR. Just replaced my triples with the ultrawide to save room.

Thanks!

@diablo2112 Stunning! Really love the PC case with all those pipes!

In the meantime Open Sim Rig provided me with an update on their button box. The customer service from them is top notch. When I reach out they.ve been thinking about doing custom button boxes and after a few emails they had it ready to go. They have a Porsche one as well and I am sure they can make any other of your choice. I know they are working on the mounting kit, but I am quiet happy with mine from 80/20.
488cockpit.jpg
mounting.jpg

Last edited:
After some time off, finally was able to build a complete cockpit after 20 years on a table :D. GT omega ART cockpit, with the XL seat, the keyboard and mouse tray, and the floor mat, all with a OSP WR1 wheel rim + OSP screen that is on another level from anything I´ve seen before. Now, some cleaning and final touch, but so far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 860
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 747
After some time off, finally was able to build a complete cockpit after 20 years on a table :D. GT omega ART cockpit, with the XL seat, the keyboard and mouse tray, and the floor mat, all with a OSP WR1 wheel rim + OSP screen that is on another level from anything I´ve seen before. Now, some cleaning and final touch, but so far so good.

Looks great! Would you mind sharing some details of your wheel centre logo badges? Hate not being able to fit a push horn button + badge on my Fanatec hub and these look like a good solution!

That's gorgeous! Really, really well done. Congrats. Love the HPP 3P-PRX pedals as well. I have them too and I have a quick question: does your brake have a fair bit of stiction when you first press it? I have this, then it goes away until is sits inactive for a minute or two and it returns. Not a huge deal, just wondering if this is common.

That's gorgeous! Really, really well done. Congrats. Love the HPP 3P-PRX pedals as well. I have them too and I have a quick question: does your brake have a fair bit of stiction when you first press it? I have this, then it goes away until is sits inactive for a minute or two and it returns. Not a huge deal, just wondering if this is common.
Thank you. No, not common. Try lubricating the bolt that the rubber bushings slide on.

Message for aluminium sim racers.
Do you have an inclined your bucket seat?

I just installed an OMP TRS and I encounter some back pain..
Thanks !

Attached the updated rig :D
I have a sparco evo and have it quite reclined, it's very comfortable, I can't do very upright. I mostly race open wheelers and gt3. Mine is much more like this mercedes gt3

seatrecline.jpg

Thank you. No, not common. Try lubricating the bolt that the rubber bushings slide on.

(regarding stiction on the brake on the HPP 3P-PRX pedals) This was it! I had replaced the rubber bushings with a stack of grommets; these were sticking on the rubber. I went back to the OEM bushings w/metal inserts. Feels great, and no stiction at all now. I should have figured this out on my own long ago, I feel a bit stupid it was this easy... Thanks again, gorgeous rig.

After some discussions here, I have finally decided to purchase à cockpit first, instead of a pedal set.

So here my current rig with my Rseat RS1.

I must say that the pictural and vidéos I could see on the web doesnt really do justice to this thing.
It is really a nice sturdy thing. Painting is well done, so has the seat.
It is not a high end sparco or recaro, but Hey! , the price !.

I have been surprised with the metal tubes. They are just thick and huge.
Move the cockpit requires two people.

Attachments

• 20190627_205002.jpg
    20190627_205002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 531

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements