Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Which Sim Wind do you go for?
Also your wheel looks very straight, is that not uncomfortable of your wrists? I ask because I have a similar set up (will be VERY similar when I get my SFX100 up and running) and mine was the same and I had to change it because it hurt my wrists.
Simracing studio. Im very comfortable with my steering wheel being that orizzontale as in F1 cars. Even modern DTM cars have horizontal.

I have a weird request, but does anyone have a picture of the lighter version of the Sim-Lab triple monitor mount? I've searched here and elsewhere but not been able to find what I need.

I'm going to build my cockpit tomorrow and I was looking over the diagram they provide; it doesn't show the backside of the mount. It says the crossbar should have two brackets holding it in place, but when you look at the pictures on the site it doesn't show them there.

See what I mean:

This is what the diagram shows:
fIPpb2q.jpg

This is the picture on the website:
uZLmZMT.jpg

Surely these two spots should have brackets, right? What is holding up the crossbar in this image?
G0N4xG8.jpg

0CjdTYw.jpg

I feel like I'm missing something and feeling pretty stupid about it, but I want to make sure I do it right! Thanks for the help!
Hi,, I maybe too late but FWIW I just finished putting mine up and here's what I did(pic). When I put in at the back there's a little movement of the side arms so I did it this way.

Attachments

• IMG_02.JPG
    IMG_02.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 525
  • IMG_01.JPG
    IMG_01.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 464
Hi,, I maybe too late but FWIW I just finished putting mine up and here's what I did(pic). When I put in at the back there's a little movement of the side arms so I did it this way.

Not too late, thank you! I'm still working on assembling everything. Tonight I will start fine-tuning the placement of the seat, wheel, and pedals and I wanted all that done before I started mounting monitors to the stand. It sounds like there is a consensus that some vertical support is needed for the crossbar. I'm hoping that after I finish assembling the cockpit I'll have a couple extra brackets left and can just add those in the same position you have in addition to the regular spots at the back. If not, maybe I'll just order a couple extra brackets. Thanks again!

I like the backdrop. Especially the one to the left :)
This is mine. Not much credit to me as I bought it as a complete package, but I did have to build it!

View attachment 305054
Very nice rig I would love an Accuforce, I am a Fabricator and Engineer so it made sense to make my own, I have just upgraded to the TSPC racer, the old T500 has done some miles and never let me down, time to retire the old gal.

I have a spare V2 controller if you want to start building up the bits? They are quite something I have to say

The only thing Im dissapointed with is the Fanatec shifter in manual mode. I don't think it has enough 'feel' when going through the gears, or maybe its because Im used to driving old Italian cars that you have to battle with! A nice gated shifter that you have to fight with would be nice! :)

Is the Motedis S Dreams rig sturdy enough for a DD wheelbase and LC brakes? Especially the pedal base makes me concerned because it 'hangs' in the air.

7448_3.jpg

I have a spare V2 controller if you want to start building up the bits? They are quite something I have to say

The only thing Im dissapointed with is the Fanatec shifter in manual mode. I don't think it has enough 'feel' when going through the gears, or maybe its because Im used to driving old Italian cars that you have to battle with! A nice gated shifter that you have to fight with would be nice! :)
Really? how much do you want for it?

I'm sure you know already but I just want to make sure in case it could improve your experience: have you tried tightening the adjustment screw on the left side of the shifter base? You can add quite a bit of tension/notchiness to the gear changes with that.

No, its all very new for me, so I'll give that a go. Thanks

Im spending more time tinkering than enjoying!

Oh good, I bet you can get it dialed in much more to your satisfaction then. I had trouble finding a clear picture of that side of the shifter and my own is covered up by a mounting plate, but I found this picture showing where the hole with the adjustment screw is (ignore the Fanatec hand brake partially blocking the shifter in this picture). Tighten that to add more tension to the gear changes.

vBTRtIb.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea