Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

That one looks quite balanced to my eyes, in fact I think we hit jackpot.

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 266
  • VR_60.json
    937 bytes · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here with a Pimax 5K+? I got some decent settings that allows me to hold 75-80fps with occasional dips to 60-70 in harder areas but i noticed in fpsVR the gpu is at 80-87% and theres still some more headroom but if i push any further i get a flickering of vertical lines in between my eyes (right edge of left lens, and vice versa - dead middle). It mainly happens in the menus but if i really push it further itll happen in game as well. Is this a known issue?

Anyone here with a Pimax 5K+? I got some decent settings that allows me to hold 75-80fps with occasional dips to 60-70 in harder areas but i noticed in fpsVR the gpu is at 80-87% and theres still some more headroom but if i push any further i get a flickering of vertical lines in between my eyes (right edge of left lens, and vice versa - dead middle). It mainly happens in the menus but if i really push it further itll happen in game as well. Is this a known issue?

please share your settings for the 5k+

Been playing around and noticed a good trick that works with the Odyssey + in 90Hz. If you leave WMR Reprojection on Auto and set a Frame Limit of 46, it seems to eliminate any of those random stutters. Obviously, forces you into Reprojection, but we already know that. Andrew_WOT, your settings are super clear, but I've been dialing them back some on the SS. I think it gives a smoother gameplay experience for me. I still prefer 60Hz at the moment, but I wish it wasn't so dark... been going back and forth between 60-90Hz like every hour.

• Deleted member 197115

New engine.ini with boosted mids should help with dimness. And new VR_60.json has boosted exposure gain and contrast so all that works together pretty well to brighten 60Hz mode to normal 90hz like level.
Do you notice judder in corners with 46 frame limiter, that was the reason I set it to 60 fps for reprojection file?
But after smooth sail in 60Hz, I don't think reprojection worth it.

EDIT: Just tried with 46 limiter, it seems to be okay, I think the judder was with 45. Just don't forget to disable reprojection if you decide to give 60Hz a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew_WOT, I used your 60Hz settings (Engine.ini and .json) for about an hour tonight, and had a really stellar experience. The only things I've changed, as I said before, was to drop the Pixel Density to 180 and turn off the Advanced Sharpen Filter, as it just looks unnatural to my eyes. The game says only use ASF with Sharpness on 80%, so there may be a reason. I also wonder if it is slightly hurting framerate by having it enabled along with a high sharpness rating. That being said, with these settings the game was smooth, clear, and detailed. I tried a race with 25 AI and a multiplayer race online, with no loss of performance.

One quick question for you: Did your Engine.ini have an effect on Post Processing? The in game selection does not seem to do anything at all.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I see a bunch of things disabled in Engine.ini for performance reason, that could have effect on PostProcessing quality presets.
Most of the settings in engine.ini are from BlaKArg original file.

• Deleted member 197115

Yeah, that was worst SteamVR invention, not sure who in right mind would want to use it. And that thing is on by default. :confused:

Sharpness slider in setting affects Tonemapper.Sharpen, you can go pretty high with that without much of the noise.
The Advanced Sharpen Filter adds some grit everywhere but does make things look noticeably sharper.
May be combining two and dropping Sharpness slider?
Just some idea, as not sure what exactly that Advanced Sharpen does.

BTW, found some discussion on these two sharpening settings
Are you on Reverb or Odyssey+.

I'm on an Odyssey+ and RTX2080. Theoretically, I think I should be able to run your settings. And I do have a mild overclock in afterburner, however, it resets sometimes when I restart the computer, so I've just been leaving it off.

Visually, I guess just prefer the little bit blurrier, more video-gamey image as opposed to the max sharpness settings. Especially in ACC. Game is running smooth enough right now, even in 90Hz, which is great.

• Deleted member 197115

Played more with different sharpness settings.
With Advanced Sharpness Filter disabled even sharpness slider at 300% (max) cannot bring up details as ASF does, esp noticeable on billboards small text.
Looks like with ASF on you can drop Sharpness to 150 or even 100 which retains good amount of fine details without much of that noise.
Try to play with that to see if that looks better to your eyes.

• Deleted member 197115

This should be more balanced for sharpness and exposure.

Attachments

• VR_60.json
    955 bytes · Views: 144

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back