Share your VR graphic settings

Set resolution scale to high as you can go, view distance High, textures high, everything else low, turn AA off.

Then go to: Users/Yourusername/AppData/Local/AC2/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor
Open the Engine.ini file

Then write this below it:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=3

Thanks for that tip Echo291191. Something worth playing around with. The AA is really blurry/soft. I don't got a beast so resolution scale suffers but I'd much rather be able to see things clearly with jaggies rather than no smooth but blurry. Plenty fine, especially still being Early Access.

Good thread idea, I'm all for more tweaks and tips.

This will seriously fix VR visuals for now:

You can play with the vr.PixelDensity value vs. ingame Resolution Scale, haven't experimented much if it overwrites one another or what.
I prefer AA set to Temporal, High (delete r.PostProcessAAQuality=4 if you want ingame options to work). Don't use Epic, not worth it.

\Users\you\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Open "engine.ini" and insert this at the bottom of the rest:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
vr.PixelDensity=1.4
r.SeparateTranslucency=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
r.BloomQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.SSR.Quality=1
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.DetailMode=1
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
sg.ShadowQuality=2

Last edited:
This will seriously fix VR visuals for now:

You can play with the vr.PixelDensity value vs. ingame Resolution Scale, haven't experimented much if it overwrites one another or what.
I prefer AA set to Temporal, High. Don't use Epic, not worth it.

\Users\you\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Open "engine.ini" and insert this at the bottom of the rest:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
vr.PixelDensity=1.4
r.SeparateTranslucency=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
r.BloomQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.SSR.Quality=1
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.DetailMode=1
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
sg.ShadowQuality=2
Very much improved visually, thanks. However still getting quite a bit of stuttering.
What do you recommend I set the other video settings at, I have a 1070 card

Very much improved visually, thanks. However still getting quite a bit of stuttering.
What do you recommend I set the other video settings at, I have a 1070 card

Hard to tell what is optimal, there's a lot of things that needs optimization, but for what I've experienced:
(I'm on a 1080ti/i5 4690K on the Rift CV1)

• using temporal AA induces some ghosting, which looks stuttering if you can't run 90fps. Try FXAA.
  • if you run with Oculus ASW on, 45fps, ACC seems to have issues with locking in using Auto ASW. Try CTRL+Numpad1 and cycle through CTRL+Np2, 3 and 4, see what gives the best result.
  • Foilage takes a big hit on fps, set it to low, doesn't make a huge difference at all visually.
  • Textures can be set to low as well, it affects anything at a distance >10-20meters from the car, which isn't that important in VR vs. fps.
  • Shadow to Mid
  • Post process to Mid, or low if you can live with the colors and lack of ligthing.
  • finally, vr.PixelDensity takes a big toll the lower card you have. Set Resolution Scale ingame to 100%, then try lowering vr.PD to 1.3

Hard to tell what is optimal, there's a lot of things that needs optimization, but for what I've experienced:
(I'm on a 1080ti/i5 4690K on the Rift CV1)

• using temporal AA induces some ghosting, which looks stuttering if you can't run 90fps. Try FXAA.
  • if you run with Oculus ASW on, 45fps, ACC seems to have issues with locking in using Auto ASW. Try CTRL+Numpad1 and cycle through CTRL+Np2, 3 and 4, see what gives the best result.
  • Foilage takes a big hit on fps, set it to low, doesn't make a huge difference at all visually.
  • Textures can be set to low as well, it affects anything at a distance >10-20meters from the car, which isn't that important in VR vs. fps.
  • Shadow to Mid
  • Post process to Mid, or low if you can live with the colors and lack of ligthing.
  • finally, vr.PixelDensity takes a big toll the lower card you have. Set Resolution Scale ingame to 100%, then try lowering vr.PD to 1.3
VR quality has greatly improved with those settings but stutter is still really bad. Have tried all your suggestions, still no change.

VR quality has greatly improved with those settings but stutter is still really bad. Have tried all your suggestions, still no change.

Do you run 45fps or 90fps? Rift or Vive, or a 3rd HMD?

It might not at all be related to fps though.

Edit: oh, try turning off Radio comms in audio, I've read some had issues with stutters because of it.

i found that if you set the game to use a resolution lower than the one on your desktop and on window mode, it runs much fluid, and when you exit from the game it closes correctly and it do not causes a SteamVr crash.

Do you run 45fps or 90fps? Rift or Vive, or a 3rd HMD?

It might not at all be related to fps though.

Edit: oh, try turning off Radio comms in audio, I've read some had issues with stutters because of it.
Ian if you have any updates please post them. I also have a 1070 and am curious if it will support ACC in VR. are you on a rift?
Yes a 1070 works fine with my rift. I'm just playing around with settings and will post them soon.

Okay here are my settings.
Oculus Rift, GTX 1070 Graphics

ACC Video.jpg

Oculus Tray Tool.jpg

In sound I have turned off Radio Comms. resolution scale does make an impact on stuttering.
Also might want to check this out, which makes a huge impact on CPU.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/

In all a massive change from before, still not perfect, still have a few slight stutters but vast improvement.
Thanks to Tberg for his suggestions.
Have to say at such an early stage of development this game is pretty damn good and can't wait for future updates.

Okay here are my settings.
Oculus Rift, GTX 1070 Graphics

View attachment 274249
View attachment 274250
In sound I have turned off Radio Comms. resolution scale does make an impact on stuttering.
Also might want to check this out, which makes a huge impact on CPU.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/

In all a massive change from before, still not perfect, still have a few slight stutters but vast improvement.
Thanks to Tberg for his suggestions.
Have to say at such an early stage of development this game is pretty damn good and can't wait for future updates.

Quite pleased to see a workaround to getting rid of Home, I really dislike that it is forced now by Oculus. Thanks for the link, first thing when I get home :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%