Share your VR graphic settings

Seems like engine.ini had some Streaming options, including one disabling HLOD. With all of them removed and HLOD enabled in game settings it seems to have better distance drawing and slightly improved performance. Or so it seems. :unsure:
Updated settings.

I removed as you said streaming parameters and turned on HLOD. Didn't do exact comparision, but my frametimes looked slightly better in different conditions.

• Deleted member 197115

I removed as you said streaming parameters and turned on HLOD. Didn't do exact comparision, but my frametimes looked slightly better in different conditions.
I actually put it back, I think enabling texture streaming started affecting image quality.
And HLOD settings were for controlling HLOD mips streaming, not HLOD itself.
It's mostly memory thing, so unless your GRAM is low, it can cause more inconsistent framerate and even some IQ degradation. The linked setting are updated.

Many thanks for all your work on this Andrew, your settings look much better and have elimiated the severe ghosting I was getting with my Rift S. I can't stand playing these types of games with ASW so I had to tweak the settings a bit (namely drop VR Pixel Density to 155% and shadows to Mid) to get it to run at 80fps on a Vega 56.

• Deleted member 197115

Many thanks for all your work on this Andrew, your settings look much better and have elimiated the severe ghosting I was getting with my Rift S. I can't stand playing these types of games with ASW so I had to tweak the settings a bit (namely drop VR Pixel Density to 155% and shadows to Mid) to get it to run at 80fps on a Vega 56.
Thank @BlaKArg, not me, if it wasn't for him, I'd still play AC only. :thumbsup:

Thank @BlaKArg, not me, if it wasn't for him, I'd still play AC only. :thumbsup:

Haha thanks man. I moved resolution up to 85% and pixel density down to 180%, it looks smoother and distance looks quite a bit better. You might want to try it.

Oh and with resolution up you can crank sharpness to 250 or thereabouts and disable advanced sharpening, it looks very good (only things waaay in the background lose definition, up close things look better in my eyes).

Its a long topic and I only used @Andrew_WOT file, that I just tryed, and I must say: Thank you very much! I have ACC since early access and it was always a regret in my library, opened it every once in 3 or 6 months just to see if VR were better and was allways a disappointment because I never could manage to have it at a good level. Today your file transformed the game to me. I can say it is the first time since launch I have fun in ACC VR. Awesome job. Kunos should send some of you guys a paycheck because you did their job and just sold me the GT4 pack and other content. Awesome! Thank you very much.

Edit: I was just wondering why devs just don't include Andrew's files in the game with a big disclaimer to VR players try to load it. Hey, Kunos, is anybody out there?

Would these tweaks be reliant on having to use W10 2004 in order to use the new WMR 60Hz mode?

I'm using 1903 and with my hardware can only attain 40-45 FPS so I'm wondering if I'd be wasting my time in trying this stuff out.

Hi guys,

i'm using a Valve Index together with an OCed Ryzen 5 3600X and and oced RTX 2070 Super. After reading a lot in this thread and at the global web I've found the the following settings that are working for me, but the game is still a little blurry:

SteamVR:
120% render resolution (2792 x 3104)
Motion smoothing Always on

Ingame I'm using:
Resolution Scale100
View DIsctanceMedium
ShadowsHigh
Shadows Distance
Antialiasing
Medium
Medium
Antialiasing typeKTAA
EffectsHigh
PPlow
FoliageMid
TextureHigh
Mirror View distance80m

Mirror Quality
Mirror Resolution
Mid
High
Opponent visibilityAll
VR Pixel density
Virtual to real
Materials Quality
Mid
Temporal UpsamplingDisabled
Bloom qualityOff
Volumetric fogDisabled
Foliage LOD qualityMid
CAR LOD Quality
HLOD
Enabled
Avanced sharpening filterDisabled
Motion BlurDisabled
Saturation100
White BalanceNeutral
Sharpness265%
Frame Limitoff
Camera dirt effect3.0
Image contrast0.45
Exposure gain0.35
Tone MappingDefualt

The game runs good enough now, i haven't done any .ini tweaking yet. Do you have any recommendations for me? Where do i get a better Experience while not loosing to many fps? And where do I have settings maybe a little bit too high and where am I wasting power?

• Deleted member 197115

Would these tweaks be reliant on having to use W10 2004 in order to use the new WMR 60Hz mode?

I'm using 1903 and with my hardware can only attain 40-45 FPS so I'm wondering if I'd be wasting my time in trying this stuff out.
60hz was crippled on pre 2004. You can try reprojection option (VR_45 file). Or just update Windows. 60hz is much smoother and sharper. Folow instructuons in readme.txt.

Andrew_WOT thank you for your settings! I do have a question regarding Engine file. How do I install it. I do know how to get to the Engine file. Am i replacing the complete Engine file with your Engine file, or only certain parts of the original Engine file. Thank you. Also any settings within the Nvidia Manage 3D settings? Thank you .

• Deleted member 197115

Just replace completely. The destination is in readme.
Nothing special in NVidia, typical stuff,
Power - Max Performance,
Low Latency - On.
I also have AFx16 there but not sure UE4 honors it, it's for AC mostly.

Firstly, thank you Andrew and BlakArg for all your hard work. I've almost given up on ACC and have found Andrew's AC guide invaluable in my continued enjoyment of that sim.

When I try the 60fps option in the provided files (I've also set 60hz ni WMR settings) I see the HUD overlay but not the cars/track. I can see it on desktop window and momentarily when I put headset on but then disappears - have I missed something obvious??!

Using Odyssey+, have tried restarting SteamVR but not Steam yet so will give it a go. Have also tried recentering view...

Edit: no luck restarting Steam. Strangely, I have the HUD and black screen but if I look around it changes from black screen with HUD to SteamVR grid (with mountains / night sky) and HUD! When I take off headset, the headset view is showing in the desktop window.

Last edited:
@Andrew_WOT
I tried your 3 files from a page back but it was too much for my system to handle so I started low and worked my way up.
Two things hopefully you could help me with.
Which file or how do I remove the orange text giving me system info as I use vrFPS.

I am currently using a mixture of med/high settings 70% resolution 140%ss in SteamVR and have 10-20% over head room with 20ai running my WMR @ 60hrz.
What settings would improve opponents cars visuals?
When literally on there bumper the cars look decent but once they get 2 car widths away they terrible, smeared, no under shadows which make it look like they are floating.

Cheers

• Deleted member 197115

Haven't seen it, weird.
Just delete engine.ini and try again. That would create default engine.ini. You can then move individual console vars one by one to see which one causing the problem.
You are not using any DX12 hacks?
Also, try to look at Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Logs\AC2.log
Some clues might be there.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies