Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

It adds some smear, hiding fine details. The original idea was to hide supersampling arifacts like twinkling pixels, but it comes at a price.
In other words better anitaliasing with blurrier result, sort of like FXAA.

This should be more balanced for sharpness and exposure.

Thanks for all the updates and hard work with these. I've got it running pretty well on a GTX1080 with CV1 using these files. Only change I made was to lower pixel density to 130. Forcing ASW it never drops below 45fps app frame rate so a good constant 90fps at the headset. I can even increase the number of cars visible if the track isn't too demanding.

Consolidated version with few options and instruction.
Consolidated version with few options and instruction.

@Andrew_WOT I tried to overwrite the engine.ini file a week ago with the list of settings, and saved it, but then when i open the game, it would default back to stock settings. Do you know what the reason is for this happening? I even tried to mark the file read-only, and it still would overwrite the file and switch to default settings.

• Deleted member 197115

@Andrew_WOT I tried to overwrite the engine.ini file a week ago with the list of settings, and saved it, but then when i open the game, it would default back to stock settings. Do you know what the reason is for this happening? I even tried to mark the file read-only, and it still would overwrite the file and switch to default settings.
Engine.ini or json. In game settings values are in json. Check the readme.txt for individual files location, you need to load json when in game and hit apply.

• Deleted member 197115

When in ACC Video settings click on Manage Custom Video Presets, load new json file and hit Apply.
1594402108463.png

• Deleted member 197115

Im confused. How do you "load" the new json when the game is open? Sorry for being a noob with that question. Do you mean, i just replace the file's lines, and save the json file while the game is open/running?
json files copied to
Users/<user>/Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione/Customs/VideoSettings
will show up as custom presets, you just Load it and then press Apply.

I'm still struggling with this to get a decent image. The PC shouldn't be struggling as other titles are pretty decent and I'm running a 9700K, 2080ti and an Index. Not expecting it to be like AC which is simply awesome and at a solid 90fps but the image is simply not clear enough for me.

So if other people are getting good results with these files, then I deduce it must be either nVidia settings or SteamVR settings with my Index.

I've tried Reprojection off in Option 2 and fpsVR still shows it rising beyond 30% so guessing its not off?

Can I just confirm nVidia settings, and SteamVR settings please? And refresh rate I should set the HMD to? Obviously with the Index I've got 80, 90, 120 and 144 to choose.

Also, anyone got great results with the Index?

• Deleted member 197115

I don't think you will be able to reach 90 or 80 (mininmum for Index) without reporojection with these settings even with 2080Ti, may be only if you sacrifice a lot of image quality.
It can run comfortably at 60fps (WMR 60Hz mode) or at 45 with reprojection and it looks TONS better than anything else on the market including souped up AC.
But 90, don't think so.
And for a reference, I am on 1080Ti and i9-9900K, both OCed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you will be able to reach 90 or 80 (mininmum for Index) without reporojection with these settings even with 2080Ti, may be only if you sacrifice a lot of image quality.
It can run comfortably at 60fps (WMR 60Hz mode) or at 45 with reprojection and it looks TONS better than anything else on the market including souped up AC.
But 90, don't think so.

Hey Andrew what's your OC on the 1080Ti?

But 90, don't think so.

Thank for the reply. Yeah I get I can’t run this higher than 60fps but I’m not getting that image quality at 60 or 45.
I’ll go back to the 60 setup and report back if that’s ok. The car quality is amazing but the outside quality doesn’t look as good.

• Deleted member 197115

HP Reverb: 2160 x 200%PD x 2160 x 200%PD = 18,662,400 pixels per eye
Odyssey: 1440 x 200%PD x 1600 x 200%PD = 9,216,000 pixels per eye
Where PD - pixel density.

It's more than twice target resolution for HP, no wonder even 2080Ti struggles with that.

• Deleted member 197115

Seems like engine.ini had some Streaming options, including one disabling HLOD. With all of them removed and HLOD enabled in game settings it seems to have better distance drawing and slightly improved performance. Or so it seems. :unsure:
Updated settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes