Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Guillaume Francois see this is reason I release it to the community as I know there is more people out there that have more knowledge that I could ever wish for, and that what I have self taught over the last 18 months. Yes I don't work in cars, or videos games, this is my hobby that I do for self enjoyment, I am a 42yr old IT Project Manager by day and have a family LOL

So being able to produce something that is close, not perfect, never would be I admit that, I, and the team take a lot of praise from that.

The ,000 eyes of the community are mile better than what we have :thumbsup:

Shaun

As per my review, awesome so far for me, but if you are able to improve further than wow!! I've just noticed that the rears all seem a bit bare and on checking the parts template and comparing to the Eurocup, it seems there is an area "missing\" on the new template version. Hopefully below shows what I mean:

upload_2018-3-21_22-7-4.png

Hardly the end of the world and one you may well already be aware of.

Thanks again for all your hard work in getting this far - amazing job

As per my review, awesome so far for me, but if you are able to improve further than wow!! I've just noticed that the rears all seem a bit bare and on checking the parts template and comparing to the Eurocup, it seems there is an area "missing\" on the new template version. Hopefully below shows what I mean:

View attachment 242058

HA HA @After_Midnight one for you Sir :thumbsup:

View attachment 242058

You're right on this. This part is missing.
Also unfortunately the inner black part of the rear bumper is not really paintable atm. You can just colorize this one.

Sorry for that :unsure:

Greets After_Midnight

You're right on this. This part is missing.
Also unfortunately the inner black part of the rear bumper is not really paintable atm. You can just colorize this one.

Sorry for that :unsure:

Greets After_Midnight
No worries & thanks for quick reply. Will leave it for you to sort out on future versions. Once again thanks for the hard work in getting this far. I salute you!!

hi, would you please include some qualy and race setups?
both toe setting front and rear are 0 or -0.01 in the front. what would be a real toe in aligment setting in game compared to real like, say to set 15' toe in what value should I put in game, -0.15? is it straight forward or do we need some sort of conversion?
in the game the clicks go by 100, so it's 0, -0.43, -086, that's gotta be a wrong setup.ini setting

typically fwd cars use toe in in front and toe out on the rear.

thanks!

Last edited:
hi, would you please include some qualy and race setups?
both toe setting front and rear are 0 or -0.01 in the front. what would be a real toe in aligment setting in game compared to real like, say to set 15' toe in what value should I put in game, -0.15? is it straight forward or do we need some sort of conversion?
in the game the clicks go by 100, so it's 0, -0.43, -086, that's gotta be a wrong setup.ini setting

typically fwd cars use toe in in front and toe out on the rear.

thanks!
I will be honest, this is down to you lot. One setup will no suit everybody so play and test and see what you come up with. I try to so a car that everybody is happy with, but it can be improved on, that was deliberate from my point of view.

I have had to open it up, due to not being tested "yet" at IZONE, so I might close, change a few things in the future, as IZONE like an open setup to start with.

This is where I am very happy, having real drivers in the state of the art sim test out our mods and give feed back. Like the Ginetta, IZONE have their "own" version that is not public :thumbsup:

Shaun

I will be honest, this is down to you lot. One setup will no suit everybody to play and test and see what you come up with.

I have had to open it up, due to not being tested "yet" at IZONE, so I might close, change a few things in the future, as IZONE like an open setup to start with.

This is where I am very happy, having real drivers in the state of the art sim test out our mods and give feed back. Like the Ginetta, IZONE have their "own" version that is not public :thumbsup:

Shaun
ok but maybe you could check the toe settings, it's really weird, clicks are x100 and I that translates by 0.40 value on each click. that's probably too much for any car

Can I just through this out here.

I know this car is "not" perfect and well you pay us it will never be perfect, but this it our fun, this is our hobby. You have a modding team of:

1. One guy that has taught himself - physics
  2. One Guy that has taught himself 3d
  3. 2 x Guys that do GFX
Apart from that, we have called on the community to help us, ie @Fonsecker and @dreamer and everything has always been free from us..

So what maybe not perfect, it will be as close as "we" can make it :) due to our knowledge and what I can gain from RL drivers .

I am not sure why, but please don't pick holes, advise us were and how we can improve this.

I never thought it would have this much attraction, seriously it was just another MOD to me, one I enjoyed and the team enjoyed as well.

Shaun

Hey Shaun, just happened to at least do a few laps with mouse steering. Some real driving will follow alongside with a real review then :)

One little question from me:
The wipers and the A-Pole are looking a bit "dull". Do you plan on putting some more detailed texture on them? It's not needed, it just jumped into my eye when I hopped into the car :p
Apart from that the cockpit looks awesome. I really like the texture of the wheel!

yes with

1080ti and i7 7700K and i have big fps drops, i play 4K max.
there is something very GPU demanding in this car, cause with all others cars (Kunos + mods) i have 60fps, but with 23 AI of this car i have fps drops to 50fps....so i have to race against only 14 AI.
if he can't change liveries, Volta is our last chance :)
Volta would be a very expensive solution :(

@Shaun Congratulations for this outstanding mod. It feels so good and alive.
Would there be a chance to optimize the 3D-model? Number of objects seem with 266 a little bit to high (126 on LOD_B). As comparison: The high detailed RSS Lanzo has 215 objects (62 on LOD_B)

A3DR wrote here:http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...orking-on-thread.126119/page-234#post-2711762
According to Kunos the more objects a car has, the lower the performance will be so part of the optimization is to have the less amount as possible. There's the reason why the COCKPIT_LR model is usually a single object with a single shader (unless there's a color change), and objects are mostly grouped by texture maps or shaders.
Most common is to have less than 200 objects for LOD_A + COCKPIT_HR, on LOD_B it should go down to about 25% of that and so on.

So this might be a request you are not interested in, but I'll try it anyways. I recently had a chat with Ilja (the CM guy) about painting cars in the Custom Showroom. If you want to be able to paint a car there you need to rename some textures so CM can detect them.
Automatic detection
By default, CM tries to detect editable textures automatically by textures names and shaders used. Specifically, like this (case matters):

• “Metal_detail.dds”, “carpaint_detail.dds”, “metal_detail.dds”, “car_paint.dds”, “carpaint.dds” — car paint color;
  • “car_paint_rims.dds”, “metal_detail_rim.dds”, “Metal_detail_rim.dds” — rims color;
  • “caliper_colour.dds”, “metal_detail_caliper.dds”, “Metal_detail_caliper.dds” — caliper color;
  • “car_paint_roll_cage.dds” — roll cage color;
  • “ext_glass.dds” — color of outside windows;
  • “Plate_D.dds” and “Plate_NM.dds” — European number plates.
http://acstuff.ru/f/d/16-content-manager-paint-shop
You don't need everything but a paintable outside and rollcage would be nice

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 40 36.4%