The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Sorry for the flood of updates today! I'm checking a few off my list from earlier :laugh:
Released #22 & #74 Jamec Pem Audis from Bathurst 12hrs 2018:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-22-74-jamec-pem-racing-bathurst-12hr-2018.20181/
For comparison to the original cars (from Jamec Pem's facebook page):
27023838_1634116533313123_1038306862124621200_o.jpg

They added a few more sponsors and changed the window banners a bit prior to the race from the above photo.
As you may recall I've been working on these for quite some time as a personal project (after someone else released them very quickly after the race), but now they're finished so I released them anyway! ;)

300k-350k is a solid number if you want to have visible engine details, it all comes down to the LOD_B and COCKPIT_LR models which is what the game uses most of the time.

May i ask a noob-question? How is the influence of objects to the performance of a car? If there is a number of 300-400 objects per car, will this affect the performance negatively (lower fps) of the car?

May i ask a noob-question? How is the influence of objects to the performance of a car? If there is a number of 300-400 objects per car, will this affect the performance negatively (lower fps) of the car?
According to Kunos the more objects a car has, the lower the performance will be so part of the optimization is to have the less amount as possible. There's the reason why the COCKPIT_LR model is usually a single object with a single shader (unless there's a color change), and objects are mostly grouped by texture maps or shaders.
Most common is to have less than 200 objects for LOD_A + COCKPIT_HR, on LOD_B it should go down to about 25% of that and so on.

Ok I guess I was more referring to Meshes and not objects...

Based on the very high number quoted in the question I assumed it must’ve referred to meshes and not objects - who’d need 400 objects in a car? I don’t even have 400 objects in a 20m long fully functional fighter jet.

The drawcalls I just mentioned as it is the single most taxing activity in infame rendering as stated in KS docs and as is the case in any 3D rendered scene.

Last edited:
Ok I guess I was more referring to Meshes and not objects...

Based on the very high number quoted in the question I assumed it must’ve referred to meshes and not objects - who’d need 400 objects in a car? I don’t even have 400 objects in a 20m long fully functional fighter jet.

The drawcalls I just mentioned as it is the single most taxing activity in infame rendering as stated in KS docs and as is the case in any 3D rendered scene.
I have seen 500+ objects on cars... tho it was the worst kind of "enhanced" rip mod.
But the number can rise on KSEditor export as all object get split up by material, if you were using a lot of materials all over the place, or even a single over many objects. Then there's stuff that you can't combine into one object if you want to use them under multiple Empties (for Wheels, doors, damage dangle model and so on). So the number rises fast ;)

By far the quickest I have done yet - only took a couple of hours (mostly working out which bits of the template are for what)! I was catching up on my youtube videos last night and came accross Chris Harris (of Top Gear) on the Blancpain channel. He's doing the full season this year in a Mclaren so I decided to make it since I have not yet done a mclaren and it is basically only 2 colours!

There's barely any photos of it so I grabbed myself the correct colour of orange from Mclaren's branding document after a google search, and the blue I took from a pic of Mclaren's F1 car this year as its the same colours.

:D

Another question, might be a pretty simple one, you need less of a beefy computer for car modelling as there are less polygons right?
So usinf a LIDAR data coyco be a problem for weak computers

Another question, might be a pretty simple one, you need less of a beefy computer for car modelling as there are less polygons right?
So usinf a LIDAR data coyco be a problem for weak computers
Im certainly struggling with dense CAD models, im having to split it up and only have the parts i need in my scene to be able to model effectively.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back