Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I drive with XBox One controller, so this might be the "problem". The problem is that is it stutters and shakes through gear changes (auto in my case), almost undriveable. I was surprised because I know how meticulous and thorough you are, therefore I thought it would be unfair to give this a review.

I drive with XBox One controller, so this might be the "problem". The problem is that is it stutters and shakes through gear changes (auto in my case), almost undriveable. I was surprised because I know how meticulous and thorough you are, therefore I thought it would be unfair to give this a review.
Hi Mate,

I don't have an Xbox controller, so I cannot test this. Can you explain by "shaking" Have you tried turning down the "steering assist" in the setup file?

Or do you mean it stutters on changing gears, like bouncing between 2 and 3rd for example. I did test auto gear box and auto clutch and I also watched a 10 lap race with the AI, as it would happen to them as well, and I couldn't see any problems.

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Mate,

I don't have an Xbox controller, so I cannot test this. Can you explain by "shaking" Have you tried turning down the "steering assist" in the setup file?

Or do you mean it stutters on changing gears, like bouncing between 2 and 3rd for example. I did test auto gear box and auto clutch and I also watched a 10 lap race with the AI, as it would happen to them as well, and I couldn't see any problems.

Cheers

Shaun

I will try to explain. When i start to drive out of pit area, it barely moves, then it eventually changes gear (Xbox automatically changes gear). Then when on the track it feels as if it can not get going.The gears do change but it stutters each time , speed really doesn't increase much at all. The only way I can use it is to "crawl" around the track (slowwwwwwwwwwwly). I am not all that fussed, as I have gone back to your previous version which runs fine for me.

There are values missing, as like @Leonardo Ratafiá states, this version and all previous versions don't have and never had TC or ABS. This is one of the few files that has not changed from previous versions.
umm yes it has changed :) and the problem dreamer al has is caused by this

Attachments

• tcr.jpg
    tcr.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 109
Great mod. I will try out this version later today.
I am currently working on my own track, and the previous version crashed when I tried to race with 19 opponents, although only in my latest attempts. Happened right after start. Most of other AC cars are fine, even with 29 opponents and different models.

IqA7QUs.jpg

IqA7QUs

Heads up, you are using the damage map in the detail texture channel, so if you use a black alpha on your diffuse you get this by default:

giSsMGC.png

This means you cannot use an actual detail texture on the main body unless you want to sacrifice/ruin the damage.

Last edited:
also is there any reason you didn't use the tileable 'detail' texture function even for the carbon fibre areas? You would greatly increase visual quality AND reduce the file size by using a small, non compressed carbon tile instead of simply adding it to the diffuse (which of course is subject to horrible compression and low resolution).

eNUQF0K.jpg

For comparisons sake - devoid of any green/purple compression artefacts and much higher resolution carbon weave:

5xRTWec.jpg

Used CM to install the mod and updated from the 1.4 version. Game wont run for some reason. Uninstalled it and tried installing it manually, didn't work either. Any suggestions?
Have you tried a clean manually install also? Delete the folder "seat_leon_tcr" and copy the new one into the cars folder.

Have you installed the "fonts" as well? Nobody else has reported this issue, yet

Cheers

Shaun
The car should work also without the fonts. Without the fonts just the Motec will show nothing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.