Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
The G7 / G9 are officially G-Sync compatible (Freesync).
I have the older 1800R 1080P model and G-sync is viable, but only with artifacts.

All Samsung 32:9 do have AMD FreeSync.
I had MSI Gsync before a few years back the MAG series triples,
this G9 I see no difference at 120-140-160fps its butter smooth I was watching it with the wife ingame when I got it on and off its crazy smooth even right in the background in AC watching it its just butter smooth 0 issues or flickering 0.

Upvote 0
The "fake" G-sync on my older Samsung does produce some brightness flickering but is buttery smooth otherwise. With the G9 I hope all of this will be cured.
Maybe I currently still have the occasional framerate hiccup, not sure, because any MP join in ACC does the same.
I'm playing ACC in MP only at the moment.

Upvote 0
Id like to see someone give their perspective on a title like ACC that is very demanding and compare the native resolution experience with lower framerates to running the monitor at a lower resolution and with higher frame rates.

Is image clarity much worse if using the original models 1080 vertical based res or is it still fine with the additional frames worth having? Its still a better panel and with better HDR and 1000R over the original model.

Also can a single computer use two HDMI outputs and the screens PBP mode to display games on 2 monitors but obviously without any bezel in the center. Treating the monitor like 2 displays rather than one super ultrawide. Perhaps it brings then a 60Hz limit for P&P mode but its again not something I have seen anyone discuss or try in videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

i am thinking of replacing my C49HG with either the G9 or the C49RG. The fuzzy 81 ppi image was ok for some time, but since i saw 1440p with 109 ppi there is no way back.

I like the 1800R curve of the C series, because i don´t need to use the triple rendering in ACC to make it look right in dash cam view with the correct vFOV, in my case 25°. When i use triple screen rendering i don´t see much of a difference in comparison to justify the performance hit and the two vertical lines which i can´t get rid off.

Is it possibly to run the G9 without triple rendering in dash cam view without a stretched weird looking view. Or do you need to run triple rendering because of the 1000R curve?

Thanks !

cheers

Upvote 0
Hi,

i am thinking of replacing my C49HG with either the G9 or the C49RG. The fuzzy 81 ppi image was ok for some time, but since i saw 1440p with 109 ppi there is no way back.

I like the 1800R curve of the C series, because i don´t need to use the triple rendering in ACC to make it look right in dash cam view with the correct vFOV, in my case 25°. When i use triple screen rendering i don´t see much of a difference in comparison to justify the performance hit and the two vertical lines which i can´t get rid off.

Is it possibly to run the G9 without triple rendering in dash cam view without a stretched weird looking view. Or do you need to run triple rendering because of the 1000R curve?

Thanks !

cheers
I have the same monitor as you have. In ACC I use single screen and screen correction of 0.7. FOV is 30 in cockpit view. I don't see any distortion.
I also tried the triple setting once, but didn't see any real difference.
Will be interesting to see if I can get the same to work for the G9 in single monitor mode with a correction max. 1.0....
(G9 on order since earlier today btw....)

[EDIT] I changed the correction factor recently from 0.6 to 0.7. Apologies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today I swapped my 43" 16:9 4k TV/Monitor* (60Hz) for a 49" C9RG90 (120Hz). What an eye candy.
Now a lot of reading/learning to do and get expert tips from the people who already made the right decision to go for a oversized 32:9 screen. Set it as triple or single screen and play around with FOV settings. To HDR or not to HDR (guess not yet for me?).

* My son will be happy when he gets back from his military boot camp and sees this in his room connected to the Playstation.

Upvote 0
Suggestion same sim/car and people show photo examples to highlight their settings FOV etc?
What exactly are you looking for, if I may ask? FOV will be quite different from others, since the seating distance will be different.
I can only do ACC. For now only the C49HG, soon the G9 (i hope).

Upvote 0
What exactly are you looking for, if I may ask? FOV will be quite different from others, since the seating distance will be different.
I can only do ACC. For now only the C49HG, soon the G9 (i hope).

Just for people to show their own examples of what they use, nothing else than eye candy for the thread and to see how decent the FOV is. Show your own favourites.

Upvote 0
Okidoki. It's only a GTX1070 for now, hence the settings are mostly on high, some epic, some mid. Locked on 55fps in quasi-G-sync.
For the G9 I'm hoping to switch to a RTX3080 IF I can get one that is...

AC2-Win64-Shipping 2020-11-30 22-45-55.jpg
AC2-Win64-Shipping 2020-11-30 22-47-03.png

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

The "fake" G-sync on my older Samsung does produce some brightness flickering but is buttery smooth otherwise. With the G9 I hope all of this will be cured.
Maybe I currently still have the occasional framerate hiccup, not sure, because any MP join in ACC does the same.
I'm playing ACC in MP only at the moment.
Found some useful feedback on CRG9 Freesync (G-Sync compatibility).

Upvote 0
@Andrew_WOT: I would add that from my experiences you should not dip below 48 FPS or you will drop out of the sync window. I fixed it to 55 fps as I felt this to be more natural and luent as sub 50 fps.
I am quite sensible to some artifacts, so maybe still ok for other users.

The flickering can be annoying at times. But it is defo less annoying than the MP server join lags in ACC. ;)

A note to my setup / pics above: The eye distance to the screen is 66-ish cm, so I am cheating a bit (29° -> 30°). :whistling:

Upvote 0
@Andrew_WOT: I would add that from my experiences you should not dip below 48 FPS or you will drop out of the sync window. I fixed it to 55 fps as I felt this to be more natural and luent as sub 50 fps.
I am quite sensible to some artifacts, so maybe still ok for other users.

The flickering can be annoying at times. But it is defo less annoying than the MP server join lags in ACC. ;)

A note to my setup / pics above: The eye distance to the screen is 66-ish cm, so I am cheating a bit (29° -> 30°). :whistling:
When these older 2000 rtx cards was out and I bought this G9 running my 2080ti the drivers was awesome 0 flickering
I got a 3080 and updated the drivers with Gsync enabled there was some backlight flickering but only on desktop not ingame since running a 3090 to start with there was still the issues with the flickering but wasn’t really noticeable but there if you stared,
It’s all been updated now and fixed it wasn’t a specific G9 issue it’s on the Nvidia forums everyone was complaining over it,
Anyways now it’s all sorted 0 issues anywhere I am seeing desktop or ingame runs like silk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same monitor as you have. In ACC I use single screen and screen correction of 0.7. FOV is 30 in cockpit view. I don't see any distortion.
I also tried the triple setting once, but didn't see any real difference.
Will be interesting to see if I can get the same to work for the G9 in single monitor mode with a correction max. 1.0....
(G9 on order since earlier today btw....)

[EDIT] I changed the correction factor recently from 0.6 to 0.7. Apologies.

Hi,

thanks, cant wait for your impressions.

cheers

Upvote 0
Hi,

thanks, cant wait for your impressions.

cheers
Will surely report back if everything is set up. Managed to order a RTX3080 today as well.
Now I have to wait and hope I will not run into any trouble.....the more you read on the net, the more issues users have with the G9 or the 3080 surface. Oh well...

Another hint at my setup regarding monitor placement. This will remain the same for the G9.
IMGP2518.JPG

Upvote 0
Will surely report back if everything is set up. Managed to order a RTX3080 today as well.
Now I have to wait and hope I will not run into any trouble.....the more you read on the net, the more issues users have with the G9 or the 3080 surface. Oh well...

Another hint at my setup regarding monitor placement. This will remain the same for the G9.
View attachment 423744

waiting for your review dr rob gonna upgrade to 30 series also but still on the fence about g9 mainly because of heating issue i heard of and the 1000 r curvature because of distorsion.
Want a big review :))

Upvote 0
My LC49RG90 has suffered a fatal accident. :(

Good thing is that this happened in the "black friday weekend" and... i have insurance.

Right then i did not know what to choose : Another LC49RG90 or the C9.

So i ordered both :D and will send one back. The LC49RG90 has already been delivered, but will stay in it's closed box until the C9 arrives. Should be delivered within a week from now.

I hope they don't cancel my order since i got a pretty good deal on it : Only € 1299,- and one hour later the price was back up to € 1445,- again.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 34.5%