Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
Hi,

@DrRob thanks a lot for your review and pics, much appreciated.

You said there is clearly an improvement compared to the C49HG regarding resolution in the cockpit, but not so much for cars and objects further away. That atm is my biggest gripe on my setup. I already use RS at 125% /Car LOD at 100% and cars that are further away get blocky and blurry.

I have hoped that the higher res + 109 ppi would improve those issues.

Thanks!

cheers

David

Upvote 0
@RSR2KX I still have to try to up resolution scale. Still on my GTX1070 as the RTX3080 is on order, but not available yet.
So maybe RS will cure things to some extent, but overall I still think that it is a merit of the engine you'll have to live with
Other people reported this too.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Looks gorgeous. Do you guys use look to apex ACC feature? I remember using RHM with this enabled on AC when was still pancaking, takes a while to get used to but does help extending FOV in turns.

Upvote 0
Looks gorgeous. Do you guys use look to apex ACC feature? I remember using RHM with this enabled on AC when was still pancaking, takes a while to get used to but does help extending FOV in turns.
I tried it after ditching the head tracker, but it confuses me more than it helps me with corner turn-ins.
Back in AC times I tried it as well, but never really clicked with it tbh.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

It was weird as hell, agree. With small enough angle and some practice your brain start compensating for that disorienting extra movement to the point it starts feel natural. Humans are very adaptive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
@RSR2KX I still have to try to up resolution scale. Still on my GTX1070 as the RTX3080 is on order, but not available yet.
So maybe RS will cure things to some extent, but overall I still think that it is a merit of the engine you'll have to live with
Other people reported this too.

Considering that your 1070 is running your G9, I'm thinking a 3070, maybe even the 3060, would be sufficient, no? I realize you have the 3080 on order but I'm thinking for my situation. I have the CHG90 and considering going 1440 but I'm on a 1070 so first working out what GPU to go with. Probably won't go for the G9 though and opt for the CRG9.

Upvote 0
Considering that your 1070 is running your G9, I'm thinking a 3070, maybe even the 3060, would be sufficient, no? I realize you have the 3080 on order but I'm thinking for my situation. I have the CHG90 and considering going 1440 but I'm on a 1070 so first working out what GPU to go with. Probably won't go for the G9 though and opt for the CRG9.
The GTX1070 is barely making it for ACC dipping below 50FPS on G-Sync. Other games might run better. But considering the pixel count of the G9 is almost that of 4K, I looked at 4K benchmarks on the net for the RTX3070 and RTX3080. Most of the time the RTX3070 is doing fine, but with games like Cyberpunk 2077 arriving you'll soon have an bottlenecked card.

Because the main point for me against the RTX3070 is the video memory of only 8 GB. That will not be enough for upcoming games with DLSS/Raytracing I reckon. With ACC on 5120x1440 I saw memory usage of up to 6.5GB. So not much headroom with just 8GB running a 2 year old game.....

That said I want the RTX3080 stay with me for some longer times. See how long I kept the GTX1070!
Heck, if there will be no availability until beginning of January I will think about looking at a 3080Ti with 20GB VRAM.

Upvote 0
Good points though i don't game outside of sim racing so I'm not concerned with future proofing for the popular triple A games. Thankfully, I'm in no rush so will continue to monitor (heh... see what i did there? :whistling:) and see how all this plays out.

Upvote 0
Did any of the G9 users experience or read about trouble with the 240Hz refresh rate even after the 1008.1 update?

The other day I had to bail out of a MP race because the monitor went blank occasionally for 1-2 seconds. Didn't want to crash into other players while flying blind.
I suspected a cabling issue, but that wasn't the case I think.
So far turning back to 120Hz the problem didnt surface again.
Will observe this some more....

Upvote 0
Did any of the G9 users experience or read about trouble with the 240Hz refresh rate even after the 1008.1 update?

The other day I had to bail out of a MP race because the monitor went blank occasionally for 1-2 seconds. Didn't want to crash into other players while flying blind.
I never had it happen once since updating the screen firmware also I’m still using the original cable it come with but runs nice

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Does this apply to you?

Upvote 0
Does this apply to you?
There some more settings as well
It’s not a case of updating the firmware on the screen and walking away Scott free
The firmware is adding more features to the panel some more settings,

you need to go to
System/ then scroll down to the second page
Then there is something called VRR Control
That wants turning on
It says it Syncs GPU with the screen to provide optimal gaming conditions,
I find this by translating the Korean firmware update manual in google translate

it’s always best to read what you download or install:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers lads.

Of course I've done all that before I experienced the issues. I can read. ;)
Firmware 1008.1 applied, checked and changed settings accordingly.
No in-picture artifacts as I saw them on the HG90 with G-sync. Really smooth motion without any stuttering.
The black screens I was experiencing was like if he signal to the monitor vanished briefly, then came back again. Therefore I suspected a cabling issue at first.

I was asking if anybody experienced the same, because it could also be related to the RTX3080 and/or the recent drivers. With the previously installed GTX1070 a 240Hz mode was not available, so couldn't test it back then. Now with the RTX3080 I had these erratic, brief black screens.
I might go back to an older driver as the reddit thread suggests. Gave me better FPS with the GTX1070, not tested with the RTX3080.

As I do not necessarily need the 240Hz mode, I am not that bothered by it however.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Cheers lads.

Of course I've done all that before I experienced the issues. I can read. ;)
Firmware 1008.1 applied, checked and changed settings accordingly.
No in-picture artifacts as I saw them on the HG90 with G-sync. Really smooth motion without any stuttering.
The black screens I was experiencing was like if he signal to the monitor vanished briefly, then came back again. Therefore I suspected a cabling issue at first.

I was asking if anybody experienced the same, because it could also be related to the RTX3080 and/or the recent drivers. With the previously installed GTX1070 a 240Hz mode was not available, so couldn't test it back then. Now with the RTX3080 I had these erratic, brief black screens.
I might go back to an older driver as the reddit thread suggests. Gave me better FPS with the GTX1070, not tested with the RTX3080.

As I do not necessarily need the 240Hz mode, I am not that bothered by it however.
Mine works flawless now with this 3090 well everything does only just finally "almost finished my setup" past 2 days or so everything running like clockwork now all watercooled :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea