Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
I use DLSS to be able to use projection correction and the new DSR 2.25x to compensate for the resolution loss. Not straight forward, but works well for me.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I use DLSS to be able to use projection correction and the new DSR 2.25x to compensate for the resolution loss. Not straight forward, but works well for me.
I couldn't make DSR work with DSC, and without DSC HDR didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Upvote 0
You have properly functioning HDR in ACC with DSR? Been a while since I've tried it in that config but it was broken before.

EDIT: No wonder, GPU scaling and HDR do not work together.
Well, don't know about your sources. They refer to it not working with 4K LG TV, right?
I was just stating what works for me. And indeed I have 2.25x DL DSR and HDR enabled at the same time.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Well, don't know about your sources. They refer to it not working with 4K LG TV, right?
I was just stating what works for me. And indeed I have 2.25x DL DSR and HDR enabled at the same time.
That was from NVidia rep and it didn't work for me just few months ago, haven't really tried it again, may be recent driver update changed it. Will try to confirm on non DSC monitor.
#### Start of quote ####
My name is Manuel and I am part of the NVIDIA Customer Care escalations team. Your case was escalated to us. Scaling is not currently supported when HDR is enabled and scaling is handled on the GPU. If your UHD TV supports scaling when HDR is enabled, you can assign scaling to the TV and then use the TVs built in scaling settings to stretch the picture. I am really sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. By the way, it might be possible your TV supports scaling at a resolution of 1920x1080 however since most TVs do not support PC resolutions, it is very unlikely that it will support scaling at the resolution of 2560x1440.
#### End of quote ####

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Just tested on LG38 with Destiny 2. DSR works with HDR when I power off second (inactive) monitor.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back