Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

And another good site for TVs/Monitors rating https://www.rtings.com/monitor
For desktop 38" LG is ideal, plus it has more usable for others than sim racing activities aspect ratio, 21:9 vs 32:9 Samsung.
When permanently assigned to sim-racing/bolted to rig, 49" Samsung could be better just due to size difference.

49" Ultrawide is not a new thing, plenty of feedback from existing owners.

Upvote 0
38" is what I am hoping to go for - the 49" just takes up too much space for me.

1593067197264.png

Upvote 0
Guys some reviews and early looks HAVE appeared, more will be appearing as some have units dispatched.
Most currently are not in english.

The VA panel seems quite good for most users but some things have not really improved.
Regards the 49" The panels main drawback is that it still has only 10 zones for its backlighting and even though it has 1000HDR this is poor regards it having light blooming. Certainly, some other high-end models will have better/more accurate HDR as employing many more zones but again if this is an important factor to the user then an OLED TV would achieve much better results with HDR content.

All in all for the price and size of the monitor it offers quite a lot.

G7

G9

Err this too appeared.

Upvote 0
I've recently got the current Samsung 49" 5120x1440 and it is great. At 55-60 cm eye distance, I think the 1440 is worth it. I could see the pixels on a previous 1080 monitor with pretty much identical same vertical dimension.
However, could be tempted by G9 depending on your reviews!!

In the paper cup video, monitor sides won't be sloping I hope!!

1593080921960.png

Upvote 0
And another good site for TVs/Monitors rating https://www.rtings.com/monitor
For desktop 38" LG is ideal, plus it has more usable for others than sim racing activities aspect ratio, 21:9 vs 32:9 Samsung.
When permanently assigned to sim-racing/bolted to rig, 49" Samsung could be better just due to size difference.

49" Ultrawide is not a new thing, plenty of feedback from existing owners.

Yes, the 'immersive' factor is considerable I would imagine with that 49" Samsung and with the extra curvature.

But, I'm waiting to see a detailed review w/ exact specs as well... critical to the decision. The Samsung 32" would be the only one I could possibly consider. Hope we see the reviews soon so I can compare.

Sideways semi-hijack of the thread here...apologies... Email from Fanatec yesterday, asking if I wanted them to ship some components now while waiting for delay on the rim...I said 'yes', ship :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys some reviews and early looks HAVE appeared, more will be appearing as some have units dispatched.
Most currently are not in english.

The VA panel seems quite good for most users but some things have not really improved.
Regards the 49" The panels main drawback is that it still has only 10 zones for its backlighting and even though it has 1000HDR this is poor regards it having light blooming. Certainly, some other high-end models will have better/more accurate HDR as employing many more zones but again if this is an important factor to the user then an OLED TV would achieve much better results with HDR content.

All in all for the price and size of the monitor it offers quite a lot.

G7

G9

Err this too appeared.

I liked the comments of the 'OC' site guy doing his review. I need to listen to it again, as the comments were coming too fast as it is early am here. Thanks for that video... I did not see that review when I did my You Tube searches.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised at the 100x100 VESA mount. With the curvature, there is a lot of leverage from the monitor and the cantilever mount I use struggles. In fact the bottom of the monitor is on top of the Fanatec DD wheelbase.

Upvote 0
My mount was good for 23ish lbs. But it is not the weight but the leverage from the curved monitor ends, which will be worse with the G9 1000R. I can see the swivel being bent down by the leverage - just like my mount. And at $250+ it should be bl**dy brilliant!!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Isn't 100x100 VESA mount is standard for PC monitors? You can get adapter plate on amazon if you need to step up VESA mount. I used one to downstep my 43" screen to sim-lab mount.

Upvote 0
Yes, 100x100 is probably standard. And my comment on 100x100 wasn't quite clear. It is the leverage of the curved ends which is the issue. The Samsung desk mount has a hefty spring to overcome this leverage and achieve and hold a vertical screen. I can't push down on the VESA round mount against the spring. It would be interesting to know if the Ergotron has such a similar spring??
Think one needs to cut this off and bolt/attach to arm. Otherwise a droopy monitor!!

1593248782688.png

Upvote 0
Yes, 100x100 is probably standard. And my comment on 100x100 wasn't quite clear. It is the leverage of the curved ends which is the issue. The Samsung desk mount has a hefty spring to overcome this leverage and achieve and hold a vertical screen. I can't push down on the VESA round mount against the spring. It would be interesting to know if the Ergotron has such a similar spring??
Think one needs to cut this off and bolt/attach to arm. Otherwise a droopy monitor!!

View attachment 384402

Product page from the link is very detailed. Maybe you can find out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back