Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
I think this particular arm is surely one of the better ones... (and don't call me Shirley)

Sheesh, I just noticed... No one gave me a *like* on my "Shirley"- joke comment...
-Broken-hearted in RI/USA...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some advice needed from all of you monitor gurus...

I've got a G9 on the way to me and I'm wondering if I need to pick up a new displayport cable for it.

I'm currently using a 5M length DP 1.2 and it's been fine with my 60Hz Dell but I'm supposing it won't play well with the G9. Do I need to upgrade to a 1.4 spec cable to have the necessary bandwidth required?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some advice needed from all of you monitor gurus...

I've got a G9 on the way to me and I'm wondering if I need to pick up a new displayport cable for it.

I'm currently using a 5M length DP 1.2 and it's been fine with my 60Hz Dell but I'm supposing it won't play well with the G9. Do I need to upgrade to a 1.4 spec cable to have the necessary bandwidth required?
I’m still using the one inside the box it come with,
I’d update the firmware on it though to the latest one when it comes

Upvote 0
I’m still using the one inside the box it come with,
I’d update the firmware on it though to the latest one when it comes

I can't find the standard supplied cable lengths but I suppose they would be in the 1.5M range. I need at least 5M so I'll have a search for one made by a reputable brand.

I've just downloaded what I think is the latest firmware for it (v1008.1) and will have to see what version it comes with. I'm only now catching up on all the common issues that have been reported and hope I receive one from a good batch :)

Upvote 0
I can't find the standard supplied cable lengths but I suppose they would be in the 1.5M range. I need at least 5M so I'll have a search for one made by a reputable brand.

I've just downloaded what I think is the latest firmware for it (v1008.1) and will have to see what version it comes with. I'm only now catching up on all the common issues that have been reported and hope I receive one from a good batch :)
Yes 1008.1 is the best one my screen now works at 240hz Gsync, HDR + 10 Bit colors,
very buggy without this one,
youll need a really nice cable V1,4 to run over a couple of meters at least a 8k cable otherwise there be some issues with it loosing connection, but most importantly must be V1.4
I had loads of cables over the past 5-6 months still have 3-4 sets of them PureLink 8k 5 meters was the best one I purchased very nice these PureLink
these are the puppies to get :)

Quality wise still no issues from mine yet regarding the bezels or something
if I turn the brightness to default like reset the screen I can hear it cracking and popping inside from the heat of the thing changing on the screen everyone talking about the popping noises,
but only a moron run that kind of brightness I imagine 60-70% its like looking in the sun,
I have mine around 20-25% looks awesome and never made a noise since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@CC Thanks for all of the handy tips. Now I have a better idea on what I need to be looking out for and researching :thumbsup:

I couldn't easily find the PureInstall series cables in the 5M length so I ended up going for a KabelDirekt version. It's supposedly Vesa certified but most importantly it's the Gaming Edition for those extra fps :roflmao:

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
@CC Thanks for all of the handy tips. Now I have a better idea on what I need to be looking out for and researching :thumbsup:

I couldn't easily find the PureInstall series cables in the 5M length so I ended up going for a KabelDirekt version. It's supposedly Vesa certified but most importantly it's the Gaming Edition for those extra fps :roflmao:
Yeah I bought 1 lot of cables like 70$ was trash bought some more like 120$ was trash then ended up with the PureLink was like 160$ or something can’t remember now but wasn’t cheap I still have them all for my triples I had,
But still using the one which came with the G9

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Isn't that more of a downgrade unless you need 240fps that you most likely never reach. Better build quality, more usable Freesync range, lesser curve, no heat issues, crackling, and peeling bezels.
Also from https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare
the CRG9 has significantly less overshoot when running at its maximum refresh rate even though its response time is slightly slower, and it gets much brighter in SDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Just saying, alot of work put into this thread pre-release, but would be nice to see users/owners installations of the monitor in action for your fave car/sim combos. Also to get more info on your opinions regards satisfaction or issues?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just saying, alot of work put into this thread pre-release, but would be nice to see users/owners installations of the monitor in action for your fave car/sim combos. Also to get more info on your opinions regards satisfaction or issues?
I went from my triple 32inch Ultrawide screens to this G9
I still feel the triple screens was way more natural getting the FOV dialled in just felt so good driving,
Not that this G9 don’t some cars feels good on some games some not
I think triples is almost hardly any hassle at all
G9 almost every other car you need to adjust the FOV and settings to get it comfortable to drive like for example in ACC almost every car I’m running custom settings it’s way more work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got a G9 installed on my rig, will post some pics when I get round to it. I've had no heat or bezel issues. I mostly run ACC & R3E, with a bit of AC now and then. I've got all 3 sims running in triple screen mode with the following (calculated) settings:

Monitor Widths: 403mm
Monitor Heights: 335mm
Side Monitor Angles: 22.8 Degrees
Zero Bezels

This is three symmetrical "virtual" monitors projected as tangents to the 1000R curve and seems to give a great result with no visible distortion (other than the occasional kinked line if part of the interior of the car crosses the boundary between images. Running ACC on 101% render scale to get rid of the grey lines between images. My calculations give an hFoV of 118 Degrees @ 50cm from the centre, which is roughly 50% more than the MSI 34" ultrawide I was running previously and 8% more than an 1800R 49" like the CRG9. IMO the 1000R curvature makes the G9 feel a lot closer to triples but to be fair I've never tried an 1800R model so I have no direct experience of that. I used to run triple 24" a while ago and I must say I think the G9 experience is at least as good, if not better for racing.

I'm a high school maths teacher, so I love all this trig and geometry. Happy to share my working with anyone who's interested!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isn't that more of a downgrade unless you need 240fps that you most likely never reach. Better build quality, more usable Freesync range, lesser curve, no heat issues, crackling, and peeling bezels.
Also from https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare

I'm asking because i have to make a choice, because i need a replacement.

Either the LC49RG90 or the Oddysee C9

120 fps is more than enough for me. What is the better simracing monitor and will have the least distortion in the average simracing games ?

And important : Has the best build quality

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Came across this channel and it shows some monitors but also some cool footage of the G9

Also another video user review

If following the trend of last year New Year discounts were similar to BF but we could have Cyber Monday discounts too.

@HoiHman OcUK are still showing a good discount and stock

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

G-Sync on the G9 is the important part for me....
Aren't they both FreeSync, with CRG9 min 48fps and G9 60fps, making it much less useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 90 90.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 33.3%