@CC Sorry to bother again about this, as I've had no answer: Some pages ago and in the #bug-report section of your discord I've asked about missing pre-shift animation on all cars of the GT pack other than in Neutral->1st. Per exemple, for this reason the driver doesn't move the hand to the shifter a bit earlier than shifting point, only after pressing to change gear, this results in a very fast and and bit unnatural hand from wheel>to shifter>to wheel movement. Kunos cars with sequential shifters like GT2s and the MC12 implement this detail like H shifter cars (as your F79 does too). Did you guys notice this small issue, or plan to leave it as it is? Thanks!

Last edited:
I may have a bug or it could be just me.
I was driving the 575 with the rift and I noticed what looked like a brake rotor floating in both side mirrors.
The track was Mugello and I'm using the latest shaders patch 0.1.25-preview74.
Since using the shader patch I have had some weird things on mod tracks with an extra pit man either half buried or floating in the air near the pit exit or first turn. It's not all tracks.
This is the first car that has something weird. Because of the tracks I think its me but I thought I would mention it.

@CC Sorry to bother again about this, as I've had no answer: Some pages ago and in the #bug-report section of your discord I've asked about missing pre-shift animation on all cars of the GT pack other than in Neutral->1st. Per exemple, for this reason the driver doesn't move the hand to the shifter a bit earlier than shifting point, only after pressing to change gear, this results in a very fast and and bit unnatural hand from wheel>to shifter>to wheel movement. Kunos cars with sequential shifters like GT2s and the MC12 implement this detail like H shifter cars (as your F79 does too). Did you guys notice this small issue, or plan to leave it as it is? Thanks!
Hi Yes I noticed your comment forgot to reply,
Thing is with these shfters they are very limiting, they do not work to gear up and to gear down,
they only work just 1 single fluid animation for both ways which is quite annoying tbh,
Me and Daniel tried various ways to improve the animations, I even tried making custom ones from scratch to no avail a different technique than usual, also I tried making some kind of paddle shift fix,
turns out no matter what you do they only move the fingers,
sadly we just put it down to a engine limitation issue where the animations are either not correct or lacking correct details, it was discussed in the thread a while back during the DEV on the content somewhere.

We do know about the visual issues and limitations sorry about the inconvenience at this point there is nothing to do acceot maybe hope Ilja could make them correct with the shaders patch the code. :)

I may have a bug or it could be just me.
I was driving the 575 with the rift and I noticed what looked like a brake rotor floating in both side mirrors.
The track was Mugello and I'm using the latest shaders patch 0.1.25-preview74.
Since using the shader patch I have had some weird things on mod tracks with an extra pit man either half buried or floating in the air near the pit exit or first turn. It's not all tracks.
This is the first car that has something weird. Because of the tracks I think its me but I thought I would mention it.
Hi,
Yes I believe someone shared a video with the 575 also with VR or a normal one I forget with some other issues, I will look into it later the spawning of the bending hoses on the doors back to 0,0,0,
regarding the brake rotor floating must be a patch bug I never seen anything like that before on these cars.

thx for the report :)

Hi Yes I noticed your comment forgot to reply,
Thing is with these shfters they are very limiting, they do not work to gear up and to gear down,
they only work just 1 single fluid animation for both ways which is quite annoying tbh,
Me and Daniel tried various ways to improve the animations, I even tried making custom ones from scratch to no avail a different technique than usual, also I tried making some kind of paddle shift fix,
turns out no matter what you do they only move the fingers,
sadly we just put it down to a engine limitation issue where the animations are either not correct or lacking correct details, it was discussed in the thread a while back during the DEV on the content somewhere.

We do know about the visual issues and limitations sorry about the inconvenience at this point there is nothing to do acceot maybe hope Ilja could make them correct with the shaders patch the code. :)
Thanks for your response, maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly:
I'm not pointing about differences in what the driver does specifically with the shifter, regarding a up or down shift (in the same way the driver has an animation that doesn't match the H shifter operation), but the exact point where he takes his hand off the wheel and moves it into the stick shifter. Meaning that instead of starting the animation before shifting point, "pausing", and continuing it when a button is pressed, it plays it whole only after pressing the shift button.

Please try this on practice: stay in a RSS GT car N on pits, slowly rev up to red line continuously without shifting, and you'll see his hand going automatically to the shifter. Now start rolling, exit the pits, and keep redlining 1st or second gear without shifting, and his hand will stay on the wheel until you press the shift up button (then the whole shifting animation is played at one go).

Now pick up the Kunos MC12, or a 458/M3 GT2. Do exactly the same, but when rolling on 1st, second, etc, you'll see that the driver's hand still moves preemptively to the shifter as the car is nearing shifting point (as with H shifter cars), and stays there before and during redlining until the player takes action (either shifting up>plays the rest of the animation, or revving down>retracts hand). These cars also have a stick sequential shifter, this is why I pointed this detail.

Unless I'm failing to understand that the RSS GT cars have even another kind of shifting implemented on physics imposes that other limits, the thing I'm pointing out seems to be currently working, but only from N->1st when you start start the car, but not while rolling on higher gears, unlike the Kunos cars above.

Hope this makes it more clear! Thanks

Last edited:
driver3d.ini's PRELOAD_RPM sets when the driver goes for it, just needs to be enough space before the redline. It's kinda uneven cause the higher the gear the slower it revs.

ATM it behaves like it isn't set, or it's set after the limiter, so the hand never reaches the shifter preemptively on higher gears (even when hitting the limiter) while driving.

Edit:
It's kinda uneven cause the higher the gear the slower it revs.

The advantage to this, it's that it becomes increasingly more noticeable the higher the gear, causing a visual variance between shifting actions, making it more natural (less delay) and a bit less rushed when the driver is less "busy" on a straight. Shouldn't matter on lower gears where the time interval between animation preload and player shift action is very short.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates guys.

Just a bit longer for my 911 it seems (I can wait :D), in the meantime still driving the GT1 beasts, and now off to try your free car ;)

Keep up the good work!

Seriously, why are you still wasting your time responding to this guy's never-ending complaints? There are people you just can't please. You have no obligations to the guy. Ignore him and continue your great work.

If he's a paying customer, they do have an obligation towards him/her.

It's important to underline that simple truth. The complaining and the frequency is another matter entirely.

uuh… how can I make the lanzo behave smoothly over curbs and bumps? everytime I hit curbs or bumps, I go into an unrecoverable spin no matter what I do to the setup. soft springs, hard springs, soft dampers, hard dampers, front stiff, back stiff, no matter what I do, there's still the rear jumping to the left or right and sending me into the wall and in the wrong way

uuh… how can I make the lanzo behave smoothly over curbs and bumps? everytime I hit curbs or bumps, I go into an unrecoverable spin no matter what I do to the setup. soft springs, hard springs, soft dampers, hard dampers, front stiff, back stiff, no matter what I do, there's still the rear jumping to the left or right and sending me into the wall and in the wrong way
It's these cars, it's their behaviour. It's what makes them so satisfying to drive.

Sorry if I ask the wrong question. Can I buy a separate model from this collection? I am interested in Saleen S7-R FIA GT (aka Shadow). I respect the work of the developers and I think that all the cars are beautiful, but for some reason I can’t get the whole package.

I just keep running this latest youtube video in a loop while working at the computer until the RSS 996 is released to soothe my nerves ;-) Maybe you do too?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 97 71.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 28 20.7%