THANK you for this! It's so awesome! Especially on Mosport. I can't wait for multiclass races now - especially in MP?! Love it!
That Mosport track must be the best mod track made almost its up there right at the top,
just did 7 laps in the Lanzo I think now with my current setup this car handles the best its just beast once you get the tyres hot you can rape this track really attack it every mm,
using default setup and soft tyres but damn its fun with these cars! :D:D:rolleyes:
b40a9c0cb13f0bc851245d65c402c01b.png

Hi there, I have a question about the Ferrucio 57!

Can I make the windshield banner smaller or transparent? It's part of the file 'decals.dds'. It's a little silly, but I find the cockpit a little claustrophobic compared to the 55! :p

Thanks!

Hi there, I have a question about the Ferrucio 57!

Can I make the windshield banner smaller or transparent? It's part of the file 'decals.dds'. It's a little silly, but I find the cockpit a little claustrophobic compared to the 55! :p

Thanks!
That is one of the main reasons why I prefer the 57 over the 55 the larger banner feels more racey to me,
sadly its part of the mesh structure of the cars, its just the way we create them, so wont be changed. :)

That is one of the main reasons why I prefer the 57 over the 55 the larger banner feels more racey to me,
sadly its part of the mesh structure of the cars, its just the way we create them, so wont be changed. :)
Ah, I did wonder if that was the case. That's okay! Thank you for your fast reply! :)

That Mosport track must be the best mod track made almost its up there right at the top,
just did 7 laps in the Lanzo I think now with my current setup this car handles the best its just beast once you get the tyres hot you can rape this track really attack it every mm,
using default setup and soft tyres but damn its fun with these cars! :D:D:rolleyes:
b40a9c0cb13f0bc851245d65c402c01b.png

Fun fact: In 2004 the Lanzo were entered to run a pair of cars in the ALMS race at Mosport, but were withdrawn because the suspension arms were bending from the load at the bottom of turn 2. The team running the cars later moved onto another car due to lack of support from Lanzo. :)

Fun fact: In 2004 the Lanzo were entered to run a pair of cars in the ALMS race at Mosport, but were withdrawn because the suspension arms were bending from the load at the bottom of turn 2. The team running the cars later moved onto another car due to lack of support from Lanzo. :)
Wow thats cool lol,
I just did some tuning on my buttkickers well adding some custom effects to the brakes so they vibrate at say 45kg load made a massive difference to the time I posted earlier insane these tactile devices.
f34edec9cad824179c3f0692a8c2bbb6.png

OT: From RSS I find the Formula 79 the most rewarding car to drive in Mosport, that flow is exceptionally suited for an old N/A ground effects F1. I just have to dial down front aero so it doesn't punish so much during turn ins.

I'm liking the 36 V8 a lot. Donington seems very well suited for these "gt-n" cars.

OT: From RSS I find the Formula 79 the most rewarding car to drive in Mosport, that flow is exceptionally suited for an old N/A ground effects F1. I just have to dial down front aero so it doesn't punish so much during turn ins.

I'm liking the 36 V8 a lot. Donington seems very well suited for these gt-n cars.
I need more time with these NGT been driving them the last few days ingame 3-4 playing around and checking them over and such,
I just cant seem to either get the balance or brakes correct at all the rest of the GT pack feels much more tame for me regarding braking hard into corners,
was driving them both at Brands indy and the 1st corner 3rd 4th gear just locks and spins, ill try again when I have more time to dial the setup better but the sounds are sublime, out of the 8 cars though this Lanzo was created by god the physics and audio is sensational so detailed. :D

I'm liking the 36 V8 a lot. Donington seems very well suited for these "gt-n" cars.

Apologies for further derailing this thread, but I had a hell of a time getting the 79 around turn 3 quickly. That bump just after the apex gets me every time. Any tips? Should I stick to a slightly wider line to avoid it, be more careful with the throttle, or make a setup tweak to get her to sit a little nicer (I'm useless with setups)?

The new NGT pack is brilliant, up to the usual extremely high standard of RSS mods.

My one gripe is a gravely sound I can hear at high revs in cockpit view of the Ferruccio 36. Can anyone else hear it?

Apologies for further derailing this thread, but I had a hell of a time getting the 79 around turn 3 quickly. That bump just after the apex gets me every time. Any tips? Should I stick to a slightly wider line to avoid it, be more careful with the throttle, or make a setup tweak to get her to sit a little nicer (I'm useless with setups)?
OT: Unfortunately I'm on a gamepad, so I take a wide line there because it's hard to precisely correct for trouble, while avoiding kerbs everywhere I can. It's a car I don't mess up much with setups, because how finicky suspension is vs ground effects. So other than gears, I keep rear wing at 2, but reduce front wing to mid ~6 from max 12 in the default setup (or 1 rear, 0 or near zero front, in tracks like paul ricard). This makes it way easier to save a tail slide mid corner, bumps, or an unbalanced turn in (Mosport T9), because it won't rotate over the front so sharply. A good driver will find it terribly understeery for proper times, but my aim is just to survive laps.

I just cant seem to either get the balance or brakes correct at all the rest of the GT pack feels much more tame for me regarding braking hard into corners,
was driving them both at Brands indy and the 1st corner 3rd 4th gear just locks and spins
My "problem" with the 36 it that it forgives so much at corner exit when compared to let's say, the 55, that sometimes I'm surprised when it finally rotates a bit too much on power with the car already near straight.
While I don't know the car properly, and so I don't tail slide on turn in when braking too late, I'm using a softer rear suspension (that 1 click less sets it at minimum), 3-5% more BB to the front, and 90% braking power (you can call it training wheels). Also, this car doesn't really like if you mash the brakes with a slight imbalance (like on maggots to becketts T11), it likes to go mid>hard>soft pressing on my "pedal", I also tend to let it drop more rpm in between shift downs to unsettle it less (this is also so I can rely more in auto-blip assist, but still, sometimes its required to do a harder manual blip over the auto when braking too late).

Last edited:
OT: Unfortunately I'm on a gamepad, so I take a wide line there because it's hard to precisely correct for trouble, while avoiding kerbs everywhere I can. It's a car I don't mess up much with setups, because how finicky suspension is vs ground effects. So other than gears, I keep rear wing at 2, but reduce front wing to mid ~6 from max 12 in the default setup (or 1 rear, 0 or near zero front, in tracks like paul ricard). This makes it way easier to save a tail slide mid corner, bumps, or an unbalanced turn in (Mosport T9), because it won't rotate over the front so sharply. A good driver will find it terribly understeery for proper times, but my aim is just to survive laps.

My "problem" with the 36 it that it forgives so much at corner exit when compared to let's say, the 55, that sometimes I'm surprised when it finally rotates a bit too much on power with the car already near straight.
While I don't know the car properly, and so I don't tail slide on turn in when braking too late, I'm using a softer rear suspension (that 1 click less sets it at minimum), 3-5% more BB to the front, and 90% braking power (you can call it training wheels). Also, this car doesn't really like if you mash the brakes with a slight imbalance (like on maggots to becketts T11), it likes to go mid>hard>soft pressing on my "pedal", I also tend to let it drop more rpm in between shift downs to unsettle it less (this is also so I can rely more in auto-blip assist, but still, sometimes its required to do a harder manual blip over the auto when braking too late).
Yeah thats been the problem I am going from 100% throttle to 100% braking power at 50kg with the pedal,
rest of the GT pack the 6 cars brakes fine doing this, seem to be having the same issue with both the NGT cars, ill have another play about with them tomorrow if I have some time and try out a few setup changes,
I would have imagined though would brake and react similar to the rest of the GT class, considering they will have used a similar setup and rotors as they was racing together on track. :)

I'd guess shorter wheelbase (?), a bit more more weight, less rubber footprint (?), higher revving engines, combined with MR or RR make them harder on trailbrake when compared to bigger GTs, and shifting down becomes more critical too to avoid locking the rear under rev mismatch.

Setting up these NGT cars is indeed a bit tricky, but I'll take that challenge!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 36's 3d model. It has some areas that don't match the car it intends to be, sadly. On the other hand, the Darche is great looking!

Setting up these NGT cars is indeed a bit tricky, but I'll take that challenge!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 36's 3d model. It has some areas that don't match the car it intends to be, sadly. On the other hand, the Darche is great looking!
I did both in the same way with very similar references from 2004, so I wonder what those areas are?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.