Some more progress, all geometry for now, no textures yet.

screenshot012.jpg

screenshot013.jpg

That RSR has been my favourite porsche for a long time, its always confused me how people think its the ugliest porsche, I just dont get it, it looks fantastic and your model does it justice.

I'm a bit worried that it will give me tinnitus if its as loud as the real one is, heard one of these banging on the limiter a few feet away at the London Classic Car show last year and then the new RSR did the same thing at Goodwood this year.

Cant wait to start 2019 off with this car.

Loving it... never understood why many prefer the 993 to this

Probably because it was the last generation to retain something of the original 911's aesthetics, not to mention the last of the air-cooled engines. The 996 is probably my favorite too, but it's hard to argue that it isn't a clearly modernized version of the series.

Probably because it was the last generation to retain something of the original 911's aesthetics, not to mention the last of the air-cooled engines. The 996 is probably my favorite too, but it's hard to argue that it isn't a clearly modernized version of the series.
Its interesting to see the new 992 sorta going back to the routes with the unibrow taillights, it has been quite polarising though. Cant say im a fan of it personally.

993 was the last "original" 911. Porsches last hurray before surrendering to emission regulations and NCAP ratings, and radically stretching and modernising the body and cockpit, and doing away with the aircooled engine. A 993 Turbo in good condition goes for around 200k Euros, while you can get a 996 turbo for 30-60k.
As you are a german, I guess you know all that, so after all, it's a matter of taste, and I like 'em all, but 993 was quite special:inlove:

The 993 is my favourite because of the cut lines. They aren't just drawn intersecting between the features and the edge of the car, they wrap around and become part of the design. It all looked so considered. The 996 also looked like cheap plastic to me. I never really was much a fan, tbh.

Its interesting to see the new 992 sorta going back to the routes with the unibrow taillights, it has been quite polarising though. Cant say im a fan of it personally.

My issues with the new 992 are purely that it looks too boxy. That's a strange thing to say about a round car, but look at the straight-on rear shots. Too many vertical lines (outer edges of the tail lights, exhaust surround details and rear window. All nearly dead-vertical). It's almost impressive how boxy they managed to make a sleek form look, really. From an angle the car looks decent, but dead-on from the rear or front and it looks like someone who doesn't understand 3D forms drew some details on a render without regard for the surfaces underneath; it almost looks impossible.

I think the main issue with the 996 is those headlights. It just isn't the most attractive looking shape.
The 996 sure was a turning point for the 911, to be honest I wasn't all that happy to model it since I still prefer the 993 looks, but this one grew on me. Specially after looking at the previous RS model (this is based on the RSR) that used the "Boxster" style headlights, those sure were ugly!

@A3DR your modelling skills are out of this world. This looks fantastic. I have to confess I am developing a fetish for your Ferrari 512 TR, I just need to look at it for a few minutes before driving it, it's just perfection.
Thanks man, and yeah, I share the same feeling on the 512, and the Diablo as well. Something about those cars makes me want to just stare at them :cool:

I love how your earliest WIP is more complete and accurate than anything I ever tried to model
Jealous of those skills man ;)
Ok, I must confess, those screens are the earliest worth showing, here's why:

Screenshot_35.jpg

Now that's EARLY :whistling:

Great work as always man :) . I've personally fell in love with 996 gen in NFS Porsche, though I've always preferred the older Turbo more than gt3. Unfortunately this generation isn't really represented in modern games at least we're getting this racing GT3 to drive in AC

At least I hope that's the real LM GT2 version and not the carpet tape, tec screw & wheel spacer RauhWelt **** that's all over the net :D
I'm not the biggest advocate of overfenders...rather have people drape full bodied over tube frames (as evident from my past mods..:whistling:

It was called the GT3 RSR, though, wasn't it? Porsche's GT3 Cup isn't a GT3 car, either. Just a long-standing model name from them that pre-dates the GT3 category.
yes, it was. but was the 360 Modena GT or 360 GTC a GT3? nope. GT3 was created around 2007. the 2000-2005 GT cars were the 90s GT2 cars, becoming GT1 in 2000(more precisely in 2005) N-GT was created in 2000 and renamed in 2005 GT2. in 2007, GT3 was created and models such as 911 GT3 R and maybe 911 GT3 RS were put in this category. the 911 GT3 RSR, being the more powerful one, simply remained in the GT2 category. losing the GT3 part with the introduction of the 997 and becoming the currently known Porsche 911 RSR in the GTE class since 2012

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back