yes, it was. but was the 360 Modena GT or 360 GTC a GT3? nope. GT3 was created around 2007. the 2000-2005 GT cars were the 90s GT2 cars, becoming GT1 in 2000(more precisely in 2005) N-GT was created in 2000 and renamed in 2005 GT2. in 2007, GT3 was created and models such as 911 GT3 R and maybe 911 GT3 RS were put in this category. the 911 GT3 RSR, being the more powerful one, simply remained in the GT2 category. losing the GT3 part with the introduction of the 997 and becoming the currently known Porsche 911 RSR in the GTE class since 2012

Not wrong. But the Porsche GT3 is still called Porsche GT3, even though it is not a GT3-car but just for the streets :confused: it is the model name and that's why the cup car is called GT3 Cup and the GT3-racer is called GT3 R. The RSR is not based on the GT3 whatsoever.

yes, it was. but was the 360 Modena GT or 360 GTC a GT3? nope. GT3 was created around 2007. the 2000-2005 GT cars were the 90s GT2 cars, becoming GT1 in 2000(more precisely in 2005) N-GT was created in 2000 and renamed in 2005 GT2. in 2007, GT3 was created and models such as 911 GT3 R and maybe 911 GT3 RS were put in this category. the 911 GT3 RSR, being the more powerful one, simply remained in the GT2 category. losing the GT3 part with the introduction of the 997 and becoming the currently known Porsche 911 RSR in the GTE class since 2012

I know. Like I said, Porsche has used 'GT3' as a model specification name since before the racing category was introduced, thus the Porsche is called 'GT3.' By Porsche. It's (part of) the name of the car.

That's the point.

Damn I've created a whole discussion for calling 996 GT3 a 996 GT3.. Some people have way too much free time I guess... Next time I'll call 360 Modena a NGT Modena because apparently it hasn't competed in a "360 class"... lol

Damn I've created a whole discussion for calling 996 GT3 a 996 GT3.. Some people have way too much free time I guess... Next time I'll call 360 Modena a NGT Modena because apparently it hasn't competed in a "360 class"... lol

AND what I'm doing is called "Darche N96" so what's this Porsche talk all about...? :whistling:

Oh damn, so it's not Ferrari ? And not a Porsche ? Damn the Darche really looks like a Porsche and the Ferruccio really looks like a ferrari.
:p

Oh damn, so it's not Ferrari ? And not a Porsche ? Damn the Darche really looks like a Porsche and the Ferruccio really looks like a ferrari.
:p
They are clearly completely different, I might be on the verge of being legally blind but even I can tell when my glasses are off.

Next you are gonna tell me these look the same
attachment.php

Don't forget the rear wiper, it's on the left in one and on the right in the other.

(Also the bottom edge of the rear side window is at a very different angle, clearly a totally different vehicle.*)

* - that being said, they don't look much more alike than any two mass-market SUVs do.

it's called GT3 because originally, for 1999 there was supposed to be a GT3 category, which then got sort of sacked, as GT2 became the new GT/GT1 and the original GT1 got sacked - so GT3 just became GT2/N-GT. Simple!

That's why in 1999's Le Mans there were two 996 GT3 R (first spec of the 996 GT3 RS and RSR race cars) and two 993 RSR running in GT3-spec. Hence Porsche's GT3 name.

I have a problem with the RSS GT1 mod.

When I'm driving alongside the Ferruccio 57 v12, diagonal black lines shoot out across the screen like lines of perspective. Looks really rubbish.

This was mentioned in this thread before (and i thought it had been fixed). Have I missed an update?

Please help :)

It was mentioned here in this thead a long time ago: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gt1-championship.140452/page-151#post-2656052 and I seem to remember it being mentioned in another post too.

Last edited:
Hello guys happy new year to everyone!!

I read somewhere that in this shaders patch 1 car does not work with the lights at night or something,
55 or 57 if I can vaguely recall,

can someone please clarify what is the issues and was there anything else that needs changing anywhere?
someone also mentioned the UI names difference I believe we have this taken care of :)

The not Listers wipers not are broken, not Lambo wiper stops in the line of the drivers eye, brake lights are dim in night racing :) Happy new year!!

More lights in the cockpit in night conditions?

The not Listers wipers not are broken, not Lambo wiper stops in the line of the drivers eye, brake lights are dim in night racing :) Happy new year!!
Hi Tom,
Not quite sure if it was in a PM or in here or somewhere else I read it,
but from memory someone was saying 1 car has no rear lights working at all on a night,
just not 100% sure the issues at all with it,
there maybe a update at some point, just trying to get to the bottom of "all" issues, because will most likely be the last update, so best to ensure all problems are fixed in the next patch that will be issued at some point in the future. :)

Hi Tom,
Not quite sure if it was in a PM or in here or somewhere else I read it,
but from memory someone was saying 1 car has no rear lights working at all on a night,
just not 100% sure the issues at all with it,
there maybe a update at some point, just trying to get to the bottom of "all" issues, because will most likely be the last update, so best to ensure all problems are fixed in the next patch that will be issued at some point in the future. :)
If i were you, i'd wait until ilja pushes out the next shaders patch update and THEN delve into updating your mod.

Well I just looked over these Tornado lights cant see any issues with anything the brightness to me seems fine not sure why they are perceived to be "dim" the settings are 333, well past the 256 color range. :)

Regarding these other cars we looked closely over the cars and settings and intrack and this 55-57 Gary did an awesome job with the lights, which when comparing real life footage those cars lights was never bright to my knowledge.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%