If I had to guess the wet mod has the "water" layer set to transparent which kills the kunos static shadow. There are ways around this but in the end you just can't have a road layer be set to transparent=true in the editor.
It is a road layer duplicated with scattered reflections to generate the rain high and low areas,
so its covering the ground collider, maybe its visibly adjustable I never checked I know there is settings, inside content manager the possibilities are endless if you can dream it the guy can build it, hes quite the genius I must say, I live helping out with tests and adding ideas and feedback when possible, but even my wildest ideas he finds a simpler way which does not impact on performance so much, like adding the track lighting I was playing around with that also, looks insane with lights in the pits and scattered around the track adds so much again to the immersion,
finally AC has become "your racing simulator" in which we wanted so many years ago,
within the next 6 months all these things should be quite polished,
everyone keeps talking about ACC but lets see what happens when everyone starts modding it and see where we end up :)

static it looks ok, but I don't think it would do good in motion with it either hovering above or intersecting the track
Well that is simply my son, attach it to the suspension dummy so it moves same level as the wheels, your bug took me 0.1 seconds to fix :p

static it looks ok, but I don't think it would do good in motion with it either hovering above or intersecting the track
Actually I watched it looks quite good I saw no issues with it its 5mm above ground and looking at this wet surface that is well above ground also its covering some of the tires looks not nice at all in some areas wants lowering and the puddles raising more :)

My point is if the wet mod was setup right you wouldn't need to mess with your own static shadow. The default one would work fine.
Yes its bugged everywhere currently but the concept and the looks is perfect,
personally I would have gone about it differently and applied the textures directly to the original surface not duplicate a surface and then raise it, but everything is fixable :)

Yes its bugged everywhere currently but the concept and the looks is perfect,
personally I would have gone about it differently and applied the textures directly to the original surface not duplicate a surface and then raise it, but everything is fixable :)
The fact it is raised isn't the issue. The static AO shadow always hops above the top most layer. It is setting a layer to transparent that kills the shadow.

The fact it is raised isn't the issue. The static AO shadow always hops above the top most layer. It is setting a layer to transparent that kills the shadow.
Yes that fixed all issues straight away I wondered that earlier watching the wheels, in the tires, when I have modded tracks before with skin marks and stuff that solved it,
anyways its fixed and looks outstanding :D
c7b2a943b5a0fc2d502938130b3d1c76.jpg

EDIT, Looks worse than my 3D shadows though its flickering like crazy its still too high off the ground in my opinion apply the shaders direct to the original mesh is what I would do.

Turning off transparency isn't the only thing you have to do. You have to change something else which I can't remember off the top of my head.

Turning off transparency isn't the only thing you have to do. You have to change something else which I can't remember off the top of my head.
I saved a persistence file anyways ill have another play with it, im sure its the alphablend settings, its something along those lines :)

I saved a persistence file anyways ill have another play with it, im sure its the alphablend settings, its something along those lines :)
upload_2018-6-6_9-9-55.png

They key to it working is you must NOT have any SUB objects in that kn5. If you have objects that look like this below as soon as you set eNoZWrite the object will disappear in the editor. If it doesn't disappear it should work.
upload_2018-6-6_9-9-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-6_9-5-40.png
    upload_2018-6-6_9-5-40.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 237
View attachment 254705
They key to it working is you must NOT have any SUB objects in that kn5. If you have objects that look like this below as soon as you set eNoZWrite the object will disappear in the editor. If it doesn't disappear it should work.
View attachment 254703
Yeah its fixed Ilja mentioned the Zwrite also,
so everything set to transparent false and depth mode Zwrite fixes all bugs on the wet mods,
someone pass it on :) at least now the quality has gone up 100% those shadows was really annoying well the lack of.

Well that is simply my son, attach it to the suspension dummy so it moves same level as the wheels, your bug took me 0.1 seconds to fix :p
would still dive into the tarmac on hard corners or on curb riding, or float above the ground on jumps like Pflanzgarten.

..really a "fix" for something that was never an issue

would still dive into the tarmac on hard corners or on curb riding, or float above the ground on jumps like Pflanzgarten.

..really a "fix" for something that was never an issue
Why was it never an issue, a brand new untested wet weather mod in which Kunos never even added ?
the reflection issues alone are what thrown me personally the reflections are bugged so taking into consideration this, I never really looked beyond that,
I believed the reflections was causing the shadows to be from say 100% to maybe 2-3%,
so came up with a fix adding mesh to fix it, then we fixed the actual bugs again,
I mean how many fixes you expect I didnt make the track just wanted better quality of it,
so again why wasnt it an issue, yes its easy now to say this but I never saw you wasting your free time to help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back