That'd be cool. "wet" car texture to go with the wet track mods.
Maybe we could try and work something out with Ilja where if you own RSS content and load a wet track it patches a car he has with the shaders that would be really really cool,
its quite buggy though that wet track mod, no ground reflections at all, and some shadows are missing and some brighter, could add a floor mesh also with the shadows attached already under the cars that would look good otherwise not sure how it could be fixed,
but formula cars are way more easier to add the shaders to, road cars there is outside and inside glass, still possible but way more work on the textures, I might do this 2018 Hybrid though 1st and see how it goes :)

Post deleted?? Why? Was telling the rss guys their work was being handed out for free, which I believe is against their wishes. There was no link in my post.
Although the intenion may have been good still not something to be advertised, a pm would have been the appropriate way to alert them.

you mean this one?
Watch the ground as that white Lambo comes around the bend at 30 seconds, the cars all look like there floating to me personally that is a massive immersion killer :)
compared to this for example there is zero comparison to be made except the floor is wet, but the lack of shadows destroys any and all appeal to me.
11.jpg

It has the same tiling effect as the GMP car that tried this a few months ago. Hopefully you can find a way to make it look better.
Wants making by hand the textures ill make some later but worth adding to RSS content if you choose a wet track will load a wet car, but your correct yes wants doing better but the effects was just some tests but by looking worth the hassle, along with the shadows makes all the difference :)

Maybe could do with some tweeking but you get the idea anyways,
Shadow
96edacf40207dbc4581654764502a751.jpg

No Shadow
cea1332e33c8e79bbcb5bd8a0db3a92f.jpg
now i see what you mean. but seems ambient shadows are just overlapped by wet surface. exactly why i don't use these wet mods for now - because even at night there is a visible ambient shadow for each car unlike for rain case

If I had to guess the wet mod has the "water" layer set to transparent which kills the kunos static shadow. There are ways around this but in the end you just can't have a road layer be set to transparent=true in the editor.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.