Good Vibrations

The Discord server Good Vibrations is now welcoming members by invitation.

Goals:
  • Share tactile documentation, recommended hardware lists and profiles
  • Help anyone who is trying to setup a tactile system for private use
Principles:
  • No paywall
  • Closely aligned with Wotever and his Simhub administrators
    • upcoming synchronization with his Discord
Experts will share their profiles and setups to help community users to reach their next level tactile setup

Rules:
  • use your real name “first name”
  • be polite
  • respect others and their opinions
  • willingness to share and help
  • introduce yourself
  • no personal attacks
  • no offensive messages nor harassing others
  • no commercial usage out of gained material/information
How do I get an invitation?

If you agree with the rules above, you have already a tactile system, contact one of the Discord Administrators. That currently includes myself, Mark, and two others.

how far we can go you can see on my setup
but dont get scared - there are many ideas for great entry level setups available

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Slide4.PNG

Peter

Last edited:
Peter,

Thank you very much for making and sharing the three rig tactile diagrams complete with soundcard, transducers, amps, and cables.

Thank you also for the tips for making SpeakOn cables a little less pricey!

Ausgezeichnet!

Sincerely,
Chris

New Project

following months i will do a new real vs sim project. i did already some XBOW vs SIM work, but this time i step into GT3. I will merge my sim with this beauty - a 991.2 CUP including ABS upgrade.

IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2722.JPG

in a first shot i was asked to fix the steering wheel - Reverse button was not working - and a simracing expert has the original APEM hat home :)

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

honestly that was not a big challenge :) and the CUP steering wheel is ready to go

IMG_2733.JPG

all tests went well - steering wheel back to the Porsche and we hope to hear this sound soon on the racetrack - its planned to do the first stints mid october.

Next, i started to set my pedals to the real feel. OK, my simtag are not inverted, but the pedal feel and pressure are 98% the same - now i know what simtag customers (real race driver) mean, when saying "it feels exactly the same". I was already super happy about real vs sim on XBOW - but when it comes to the Porsche - honestly its again much closer.

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

some ideas out of the last project brainstorming

- new steering wheel for my sim
- new Cosworth DDU for my sim
- new tactile & motion sensations
- ABS
- real vs sim telemetry data like already done, but a bit more detailed

Last edited:
next chapter in this amazing project/journey

i drove the Porsche GT3 Cup at Slovakia Ring - we spent 3 days on the racetrack together with the team with the clear mission
learn - listen - feel - execute

the repaired steering wheel was working without any problems :)
looks like sim knowledge is good enough for motorsports ......

let me share some highlights

sim preparation before we went on the track - with racelogic and motec
1666510626540.png

1666510637457.png

for sure we had some technical problems - like a broken V-belt - a minor Porsche tear down and a great example to get in touch with the racing hardware :)
IMG_3070.JPG

great weather and a great track - for sure the GT3 cup is nice too :)
IMG_3098.JPG

to get most out of my driving, the team offered a PRO coach to improve my skills as quick as possible
20-10-_2022_21-57-55.jpg

back home i started the deep dive to understand the car and driving data. Beside gained experience i will use all car data to improve/update my simrig setup (motion, tactile, force feedback). But now its time to read manuals and gain cosworth pi tool experiences.
1666511281261.png

Hi @Aidan Hanlon ,

let me answer to the whole audience - supports the forum and other people maybe interested too. i made the following design in AUTOCAD Mechanical and sent it to a leaser cut company. I decided to use 3mm stainless steel. The green arrow marks the bending - the shop should be able to bend steel, but his is not needed, just a cosmetic thing to cover the 80/20 construction.

1666647222912.png

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

Hi @Aidan Hanlon ,

let me answer to the whole audience - supports the forum and other people maybe interested too. i made the following design in AUTOCAD Mechanical and sent it to a leaser cut company. I decided to use 3mm stainless steel. The green arrow marks the bending - the shop should be able to bend steel, but his is not needed, just a cosmetic thing to cover the 80/20 construction.

View attachment 611512

View attachment 611513

View attachment 611514

Amazing, thank you very much for this. Really appreciate it!

long time no open DIY project for the community
let me share my simple VoCore 5inch solution for you

IMG_3141.JPG

Last edited:
next chapter in this amazing project/journey

- cockpit ready for training sessions
- rearrangement of the whole seating position
- complete new motion/tactile setup to match PI Tools Data (telementry data from porsche gt3 cup)
- new steerng wheel
- new cosworth ddu
- some finetunine within AC - sol - pure - csp

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

Last edited:
as i will have more and more training sessions with different cars i was looking for a life hack to change the seat angle in few seconds

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

i newer loved my seat pillow - it was just too big - i hate when my legs touch the pillow during racing and during sim training - so the next life hack - just replaced it by a standard pillow foam. so much better feel :)

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes