as i will have more and more training sessions with different cars i was looking for a life hack to change the seat angle in few seconds

View attachment 619236

View attachment 619237
Love the idea of the quick seat angle adjust, something that bothered me too, and always seemed complicated to sort out simply since I have a lot of electronics in and under the seat area (GS-5, many transducers/amps, etc..) I went a different route, just ordered on of these 6-way power adjustable seat bases. Only adds 4" of height (up to 5.5" when raised fully); hoping the angle adjustment will be easy and enough to simulate GT or more laid back seating positions, as well as of course fore/aft adjustments for guest users shorter or taller than I am. I'll let you know how it works out!
1669563776150.png
https://shop4seats.com/rv-seating/rv-bases/class-a-rv-bases/6-way-power-base.html

Last edited:
I went a different route, just ordered on of these 6-way power adjustable seat bases. Only adds 4" of height (up to 5.5" when raised fully); hoping the angle adjustment will be easy and enough to simulate GT or more laid back seating positions, as well as of course fore/aft adjustments for guest users shorter or taller than I am.
Not trying to clutter Peter's thread, but I can see that RV seat base being useful for pedal adjustments, too. The link didn't give any electrical specifications, so do you know the current draw and whether it is 12 VDC or something else?

Not trying to clutter Peter's thread, but I can see that RV seat base being useful for pedal adjustments, too. The link didn't give any electrical specifications, so do you know the current draw and whether it is 12 VDC or something else?
I assumed it's 12 VDC given the RV use case, but we'll see. I'll find an appropriate power supply when it arrives and report back. BTW I already use a simpler 2-way power slider for my pedal deck, linked below. it came w/ pre-wired rocker switch and I needed to source a power supply, I think it was 12V 1.5A or similar, I can check. Anyway I was concerned if there would be any "slop" or play in this, but am happy to report it's solid. No movement on my HPP hydraulic brake with pretty hard pedal setup. I had to get a bit creative to mount to my 80/20 rig and existing pedal plate but that's the beauty of T-slot, infinitely adaptable. Looks like the one I got for ~$90 is no longer available but I'd bet there are similar/same from other sellers: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2251832737850109.html?

RV's are like Houseboats and have a 12V & 110/220V system, but the 110/220 system runs off a land connection, an inverter system and/or generator. The seat will always be 12V. That's a very safe assumption.

RV's are like Houseboats and have a 12V & 110/220V system, but the 110/220 system runs off a land connection, an inverter system and/or generator. The seat will always be 12V. That's a very safe assumption.
My former U-Haul truck uses 24VDC, thus my uncertainty.

back to VR - but i will stay with triples too

after a long test period i decided to take the Pico 3 Neo Link
test candidates - Varjo Aero - HP G2 - Vivo Pro 2 - Pico
maybe the Aero was the best - but finally, considering my rig situation and the high purchasing price - i am running now the Pico together with my 43 triples (nvidia surr) without any need to plug cables - 4th screen went to mainboard GPU - DDUs to USB->HDMI dongles
1669584311722.png

back to VR - but i will stay with triples too

after a long test period i decided to take the Pico 3 Neo Link
test candidates - Varjo Aero - HP G2 - Vivo Pro 2 - Pico
maybe the Aero was the best - but finally, considering my rig situation and the high purchasing price - i am running now the Pico together with my 43 triples (nvidia surr) without any need to plug cables - 4th screen went to mainboard GPU - DDUs to USB->HDMI dongles
View attachment 620026
Yes I returned my Aero for this reason (multiple monitors and the need to switch easily between VR and triples.) The Aero shows up as two Display Port devices despite taking only one physical port, proculding ability to also run NV Surround on triples without swapping cables. So I went back to my Index for now. I hope the upcoming Pimax Crystal will still work w/ triples like the Index. @Peter Winkler have you ever used the Index? Curious now the newer Pico you landed on would compare in terms of noticeable differences in FOV, clarity, comfort and performance against the Index? Wish Valve would just make an Index 2, that could be my sweet spot! EDIT- looks like from what I can find FOV is a bit smaller than Index, not sure if I'd notice in sims; the high vertical FOV of the Index is a nice balance in driving sims from what I've tried.

Last edited:
i sold my Index 2020 - based on this historical experience a bit difficult to compare
but the pico feels sharper and lighter
i can compare the pico to varjo - and i need to admit that pico is doing a really good job - not as clear and sharp - but if i compare the price - its was for me (beside the VR - triples topic) a easy decission
Peter

Last edited:
Hello @Peter Winkler thank you very much for all the materials and information you share. Completely changed my mind on how I approach the tactile feedback things after I already had all carts prepared to order.

One question I have that I can't find answer to even after reading the links provided in cables and connectors guide.

How do you cut the SpeakTwist? Is there any video on how to do it? The name is unfortunate and you get lots of different types of search results when looking for any information about it.
1671625057963.png

you buy one long cable - eg 20 meters
2-pol ST - 2-pol ST (NL2 plug on each end)
you make 4 pieces - each 5 meters - just cut them with a tool you have
2 of them will have NL2 plugs - 2 are without
hence you need 2 additional NL2 plugs - for the 2 pcs without plugs
finally you have 4 cable - one side NL2 other side nothing - the other side you can connect to your EXC - either with connectors of your choice or you solder them

Hello @Peter Winkler thank you very much for all the materials and information you share. Completely changed my mind on how I approach the tactile feedback things after I already had all carts prepared to order.

One question I have that I can't find answer to even after reading the links provided in cables and connectors guide.

How do you cut the SpeakTwist? Is there any video on how to do it? The name is unfortunate and you get lots of different types of search results when looking for any information about it.
View attachment 625016

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 119 70.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages