Hello Peter,

Beautiful Qubic build. Can I ask you how you mounted the triple monitors? I have a motion system with a Samsung G9 and it works well, but I would rather have triples but always assumed it would be impossible to mount them and not have them shaking and banging against each other.

like @Frank Denneman

Another Game-Changer

Let me explain - first the new setup charts.

pwistudio_gv_setup-pwi-tactile_v1.7.png

pwistudio_gv_setup-pwi-audio_v1.7-connections.png

Wit the latest introduction of BST-1 and BST-300EX i missed tactile soundcard outputs for my Exciters - which are still mounted to my OMP bucket seat. I tested but i did not come to a serious result on their tactile future.

After reading some exciter related audio articles i came to the conclusion that the EXC could be a loudspeaker, as it was designed by DAYTON. Mounted to a glas or wood surface you will get an amazing loudspeaker, so i thought, maybe my bucket seat can act as additional speaker for my 5.1 system.

After some testing with my pioneer 5.1 i was already quite happy, but the Pinoeer was not able to deliver any analoge output. Hence i was working with different HDMI extractor units to share a stereo signal with my DSP/EPQ304 (serving 4 EXC at my bucket seat). This caused some disadvantages when it comes to 5.1 output - no HDMI extractor was able to share 5.1 to my Pioneer. So i decided to swap the Pioneer which a spare Denon able to feed different analoge sources.

With this setup i have different options to serve my OMP loudspeaker.
- rear speakers in a 7.1 setup
- duplicated front speakers in a 5.1 setup
- duplicated rear speakers in a 5.1 setup

The result - its just outstanding - in terms of audio effects it feels like starting our Porsche GT3 in real live - you get this goose flesh experience when you press the start button. On the sim track there is the same addon.

In addition the EXC created a slight tactile effect. Very nice, but as soon i turn on the tactile this is no longer needed - but maybe non tactile users would appreciate the effect.

The final test - what happens to the EXC based sound when the entire tactile units are active - so far is was not able to identify any negative point - its just working and delivers for my setup and outstanding new immersion effect.

Peter

Voron build started

1703516483721.jpeg

just an amazing DIY project. I need to slow down the build to have some steps left at the end of this xmas holidays.

1703516499420.jpeg

2 guys, born in 1977, locked up in the basement, Mr Weller and Mr Winkler - i hope we will not get any guests nor any unimportant meetings ;) . I just like to enjoy this amazing project. Adding inserts is like a therapy - super relaxing after a hard working year.

1703516635072.jpeg

Merry Christmas to all fans of my report - yes, this is one of my Good Vibrations Exciters.

1703516749605.jpeg

Peter

after some hassle - had to redo the entire cabling - always funny if you have 2 different manuals and you go for the wrong one ;)

WhatsApp Bild 2023-12-29 um 12.24.13_1e36a403.jpg

WhatsApp Bild 2023-12-29 um 12.24.14_24608b47.jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-12-29 um 12.24.15_04bf52d6.jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-12-29 um 12.26.50_1e874593.jpg

but there is no smarter way to learn your system/printer
that the current stage - i think HW and electronics are ready - time for configurations and testing

IMG-20231229-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20231229-WA0004.jpg

Reactions: CC
back to Tactile - as i was still looking for new Exciter Jobs - 4 of them do an excellent job as additional 5.1 speakers - i was wondering what i should do with the left ones

so i decided to mount them to the wheelbase
ATTENTION - please do not copy paste without understanding the limits and tech details

The result is just amazing - due to our professional isolation the steering has no tactile feedback - something i do not like and i miss when i compare with driving on the real track

Folie1.PNG
Folie2.PNG
Folie3.PNG
Folie4.PNG

i did not test a lot - the 300 is different to the bst-1
i see certain benefits combining them

i stopped having left/right effects - it does not give me any benefit
in my setup left/right is just to have more seat vibration coverage

one 300 is definitely the same if not more power than 2 BST-1
but again - in combination they are really great

for the seat i would think of 1 300 plus 2 BST
for the pedals - 1 300

such setup you can run with one 4 channel amp - eg the epq304 or the tracks amp
Thanks for this input (in reply to another poster). I currently have two BST-1s under my pedal deck and a BST-1 attached to a metal sheet under the seat (seat/plate are isolated). With the different characteristics the 300EX offers, would it make sense to replace the seat BST-1 with the 300EX and move the BST-1 to the back of the seat?

Should the 300EX be attached directly to the bottom of the seat vs. attached to a metal sheet connected to the seat frame?

Sorry, last question, since I have you :) - Should I nix the two BST-1s under my pedal deck for another 300EX? I'm just not familiar enough with the sound/vibration differences between the two to understand the best option.

Brilliant work in this thread. Loved reading through it just now. Thanks!

imo a good solution - 2 BST-1 and 1 BST-300ex mounted directly to your seat - like i did
i had better results having the 300 back of the seat instead of under the seat
BUT - i am driving the 300 only with my epq - so not at the edge - but enough for the direct seat solution - if you mount it on the isolated seat plate you maybe can get more WATT - but as i have LFE/TST at this stage i have no comparison.
all depends to you setup/isolation and finally expectations

when it comes to front - i still prefer to feed areas your body is connected to
body - seat
feet - pedals - first step pedal arms - 2nd step full pedal deck isolation (but here you need very strong units)
wheelbase - as presented still in early stage

some time ago i made a setup guide which is posted at the german forum - maybe a good idea to post it here too

Peter

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back