rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

+1.
Due the good physics and FFB I considered to spent days and days of my life trying to make rF2 work properly. Tons of TXT editing, set-up for AIs, even AIW raw editing. Bad decision, I ended up with less days of my life remaining and the old and same stuttering bug box.

I allways have to laugh reading such comments. For some wierd reason I never had to spent hours upon hours of text editing with rF2, atleast not more than in AC or other moddable sims and still had a nice plug'n'play experience, even offline with multiclass racing, so in most cases those comments smell like bullshit to start trouble or search for attention. Maybe you should have spend more time racing than editing stuff.

@tr1v1um So far I only needed to work with txt file (player.json) to put on the fps cap, and to enable software to choose steering degrees instead of messing up steering degrees in wheel profilers (a feature that came with last update). Anyone with very basic understanding, and smart enough to check the information in official forums can set up rF2 reasonably well very quickly. rF2 works well and it isn't as much complicated as stereotyped.

I get people frustration if they experience troubles with AI with such intense combinations like endurance racing and multiclass cars... I don't know any sim that actually does that well. I also don't get why you would want to race AI for more than a hour or two.

Last edited:
From an Ac and ACC fan boy I'm starting to asking myself question to try RF2... every weeks i see updates coming to RF2 that look really well done. Plus many you said that the FFb is really well done ...
What about the multiplayer ? Is better than AC -R3E ?
what what FFB?really? tried with two brands of hi end DD wheels and didn't get it where !very strong FFB yes but not the best one!RF2 could be good if was done right on good graphic engine and with better optimization about ffb nothing special same like AC!

I also don't get why you would want to race AI for more than a hour or two.
1) Time zone - for instance, west coast USA evening means too many people have gone to bed. Out of the 200 people who have opened rF2 at 7p local time, you're lucky if you can find 5 people to agree on a server to use.
2) Internet data caps - while multiplayer doesn't take up that much of the bandwidth, when one exceeds the monthly data cap, the bandwidth becomes throttled to the point where you can't play online. Very likely to happen in a month where there are updates for multiple games and new mods and Windows issues a large makeover.
3) Not everybody has good internet, even disregarding data caps.
4) Some people are not comfortable exposing their driver skills to online play.

what what FFB?really? tried with two brands of hi end DD wheels and didn't get it where !very strong FFB yes but not the best one!RF2 could be good if was done right on good graphic engine and with better optimization about ffb nothing special same like AC!

Another guy who doesn't have a clue of what rF2 is but is convinced that even AC FFB is better... Of course if you try rF2 with too strong FFB it won't be good... You've a multiplier to lower the FFB to your liking. And to judge the FFB, don't use a mod but one of the good core cars (the USF2000 is a good one and is in the demo), put some heat in your tires and some rubber on track, and then maybe you'll understand why many people love rF2 and AMS "organic" FFB (even if you should not need such conditions, I understood that after my first turn the first time I've played to GSCE). Maybe you will even discover that it's possible to feel and control the car under braking in a sim :)

Thinking that the less good FFB of all current sim is better than the best FFB of all current sim is just crazy, even ACC FFB is not better at all, despite being miles better than AC one and very promising since v0.2.

Last edited:
ACC had great FFB, had...

Anyways how many people understand what FFB actually should be like ? Not much.

Worse thing is that many thinks that if car oversteer or understeer they should insantly feel that through FFB (or should I say they expect ffb to make an action before they can react to yaw changes), it is popular false expectation.

I must assume the 7 people who disagreed with my last comment must've never played RF2 single player. They must've never tried to run a multiclass race. Must've never tried to setup a championship. Must've not paid attention to the AI doing ridiculous things on track. Must never have had a full course yellow bizarrely reset the running order. Seriously, if you have a fix for many of the game stopping bugs or missing features, then please point me in that direction. Until then, I'm done wasting my time trying to make RF2 work properly. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you're just going to hot lap for 30 minutes. But any serious racing should be left to the serious racing sims.

I play rF2 in single player exclusively.....

Multiclass race - Besides the pit lap bug (which I don't find game breaking), multiclass is as good as it gets. I don't play AMS which I heard is better in this department, but good luck finding a game that does it better than these 2.

Championship - I run championships all the time. Personally I like Excel but atm it can be done also with Log Analyzer and will most likely come with the new UI.

AI doing ridiculous things - This isn't the game's fault. 99% of the time is due to a poor fast lane or block path created by the modder or AI parameters of a modded car. Solution - Stick to official content or learn how to delete block paths or modify fast lanes.

Full course yellow - Simple, disable them. This is hardly a game breaker either. Can't remember if there's any other game that does FCY properly or even has them.

Any real serious racing is done online against real people. The rest is just gaming. ;)

Hmmm real racing is done....well.....in real cars. Everything else is just gaming

Last edited:
Actually you can compare them.

But AC direction and future is clear. It has fallen into a slot which has proven to be successful. And it will have hard time to get out of it, or perhaps it never will. I think there will never be AC2, but if there will be I doubt that it will be better than rF2 by that time.

Anyway... rF2 and AC are in different slots in the spectrum of simulation, perhaps iRacing is in same slot as rF2... but iR is stretching hard by now, and I have an impression that rF2 has not even started stretching. Also iR has totally lost me at Lotus 49 and I only talk about actual simulation here.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back