rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

never mind

hehehe probably better mate

There are people on open servers every weekend
I hosted open server for 3 years everyday !
Ai :roflmao: .actually I used Ai to train rookies that's how good they are

If you want a real eye opener get into BB's F3 Fanatics room
See how easy you push 100hp car around big open tracks like Belgium and Italy :roflmao:
See how close you get to 4:15 lap in Eve then realize it is 95% full throttle and you are eons of the pace it hardly seems possible .

Then go drive your AC and pCars F3 and report back .....honestly it is a HUGE gulf in
feel, feedback, immersion , if you can;t admit it after driving them you deluding yourself

and the FFB is :barefoot:

I agree with the majority in here, rF2 is the standout drivers sim
It is just rF2 users are not shy saying it because we believe it
I don;t see 13 people agreeing AC and pCars have best physics

I mean okay give me a set of features in physics, tyres, FFB, chassis, terrain that the others do better

Well ? i waiting ? :x3:

Last edited:
My problem with rfactor was aways the fact they neglected the two most popular wheels, Logitech g29 and g920. I understand they are not hard-core hardware but they are the most popular and supporting these wheels would for sure bring a bigger following behind their product.
It is good to know they started to work on these issues. Better late than never I guess

hehehe probably better mate

There are people on open servers every weekend
I hosted open server for 3 years everyday !
Ai :roflmao: .actually I used Ai to train rookies that's how good they are

If you want a real eye opener get into BB's F3 Fanatics room
See how easy you push 100hp car around big open tracks like Belgium and Italy :roflmao:
See how close you get to 4:15 lap in Eve then realize it is 95% full throttle and you are eons of the pace it hardly seems possible .

Then go drive your AC and pCars F3 and report back .....honestly it is a HUGE gulf in
feel, feedback, immersion , if you can;t admit it after driving them you deluding yourself

and the FFB is :barefoot:

I agree with the majority in here, rF2 is the standout drivers sim
It is just rF2 users are not shy saying it because we believe it
I don;t see 13 people agreeing AC and pCars have best physics

I mean okay give me a set of features in physics, tyres, FFB, chassis, terrain that the others do better

Well ? i waiting ? :x3:

Automobilista :)

The content Reiza have made is of a uniformly wonderful standard. The FFB is brilliant and the AI are better than in rF2.
The latter comment might go against the grain, but as an offline player, S397 haven't improved the AI at all recently, they still can't slipstream properly. Watch how the AI drives the car, they pump the throttle on, off, on, off through corners, meaning they never get a better drive than the car in front. In AMS they progressively blend the throttle on which makes for much better overtaking.
The cherry on top for me is the wealth of historic content, which seems a little neglected in rF2 recently. But I appreciate that I am in the minority and it makes sense for S397 for focus their attention on GT content that is more popular.

It's great that there is so much variety in sims now, with something to cater for all tastes.

My problem with rfactor was aways the fact they neglected the two most popular wheels, Logitech g29 and g920. I understand they are not hard-core hardware but they are the most popular and supporting these wheels would for sure bring a bigger following behind their product.
It is good to know they started to work on these issues. Better late than never I guess

You know the issues with those wheels were fixed in our latest update. If you continue to have a problem with your wheel, contact us.

The cherry on top for me is the wealth of historic content, which seems a little neglected in rF2 recently. But I appreciate that I am in the minority ...
We did bring three new McLaren historic open wheelers, one of which complements the Brabham BT44B and March 761 we also released this year. Add to that the update of the classic Longford track and I would not say we're neglecting historic content.

We did bring three new McLaren historic open wheelers, one of which complements the Brabham BT44B and March 761 we also released this year. Add to that the update of the classic Longford track and I would not say we're neglecting historic content.

Thanks for your reply Marcel! I appreciate the work you are doing and the latest content looks top notch. Longford is a great track, but apart from Monaco, Spa and Monza which were released years ago, there aren't many period circuit offerings to go with the historics.

Maybe in the past modders would have been able to fill the gap, but I guess with the increased fidelity demanded by us simracers, producing a 'decent' track is much more labour intensive nowadays..?

Thanks for your reply Marcel! I appreciate the work you are doing and the latest content looks top notch. Longford is a great track, but apart from Monaco, Spa and Monza which were released years ago, there aren't many period circuit offerings to go with the historics.

Maybe in the past modders would have been able to fill the gap, but I guess with the increased fidelity demanded by us simracers, producing a 'decent' track is much more labour intensive nowadays..?
There are plenty of very good period tracks to add to the official track list. 70’sSilverstone, Rouen etc etc and Pixsims Charade must be getting closer to release..

I really want to like RF2 as it could potentially be a great sim. But the ambivalence by the devs, who would rather focus on pumping out new eye candy rather than a solid core sim just make the whole experience a frustrating waste of time.

I must assume the 7 people who disagreed with my last comment must've never played RF2 single player. They must've never tried to run a multiclass race. Must've never tried to setup a championship. Must've not paid attention to the AI doing ridiculous things on track. Must never have had a full course yellow bizarrely reset the running order. Seriously, if you have a fix for many of the game stopping bugs or missing features, then please point me in that direction. Until then, I'm done wasting my time trying to make RF2 work properly. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you're just going to hot lap for 30 minutes. But any serious racing should be left to the serious racing sims.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 38.9%