rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I now am of the opinion that rF2 is the BEST sim available.

Some of the reasons are it is mod-friendly, and the modding community brings so much to the racing sims; and of course it is still being developed. AMS is unfortunately not mod-friendly and is no longer being developed. Same for AC/ACC (no longer / not mod-friendly). R3E has a very usable product, but c'mon, you back up by pressing the brake! :O_o:

As a result I'm so glad Studio 397 is still delivering the product I want, please keep it up S397! The latest released cars are really top-notch beautiful, too. Love this game - just GOTTA get that new UI out and please optimize that track loading (I have SSDs and Sebring is a bit slow - though I'm definitely willing to wait for the best views in rF2!). Love the Radical btw!

:thumbsup: Cheers Studio 397! :thumbsup:

AMS is unfortunately not mod-friendly and is no longer being developed. Same for AC/ACC (no longer / not mod-friendly).
It is even if not officially but it is and still kicking (new updated and new cars incoming before Christmas).

Back to rF2...great sim with a lot of potential unexpressed, and still far to reach the same atrwntatt to details other titles have, physics alone can't compensate the lack of some features or the presence of bugs...to be honest AMS AI is miles better than rF2 except for missing blocking moves...same for the overall experience so I am waiting to see rF2 resurrect and pass a competitor based on previous iteration of ISI engine with better success...(until AMS2 release of course)

They spend a lot of time improving the graphics because they think that's what will get people to buy their game. To be honest though, there are many core fundamental issues (bugs) with RF2 that they simply ignore that pretty much make the game a show stopper if you're serious about sim racing. For example, don't even waste your time with multi-class racing in RF2. The whole experience borked big time by a bug that they seem to be uninterested in fixing.

I really want to like RF2 as it could potentially be a great sim. But the ambivalence by the devs, who would rather focus on pumping out new eye candy rather than a solid core sim just make the whole experience a frustrating waste of time.

I have not read such a nonsense for a long time.

From an Ac and ACC fan boy I'm starting to asking myself question to try RF2... every weeks i see updates coming to RF2 that look really well done. Plus many you said that the FFb is really well done ...
What about the multiplayer ? Is better than AC -R3E ?

Man, you should just buy it, if you already have AC, ACC, R3E, there is really no reason to not have it and be able to make your own judgement; each one is different, they are all great.

RF2 strong points for me, Multiplayer has driver swaps and the most proven day/night transition, AI offline is strong, and the content selection is the best thanks to long years of community modding, just do it, won't regret it.

Craving attention I reckon.

I didn't comment on the other article but was secretly hoping it was the R8, I hope the future announcement goes Nissan/Acura.
Both the Nissan and Acura are left hand drive correct?
I just did a vERY quick search of some photos. The PWC Realtime Acura NSX is left hand drive. The cars are assembled in Ohio in the same shop as the street cars so one would assume they have the same layout. Not sure about the GT500 Hondas in Japan tho.

Other than ACC, I wonder if any sims will add the new Porsche GT3 R.
My guess is that iracing is on it. I mean GT3 is heavily popular and waiting to be allowed to publish the 2019 model is the only reason I can think off why there is no GT3 R in the game yet. They've got the GT3 Cup, RSR, 919 and plenty of time producing the GT3 R.

I must assume the 7 people who disagreed with my last comment must've never played RF2 single player. They must've never tried to run a multiclass race. Must've never tried to setup a championship. Must've not paid attention to the AI doing ridiculous things on track. Must never have had a full course yellow bizarrely reset the running order. Seriously, if you have a fix for many of the game stopping bugs or missing features, then please point me in that direction. Until then, I'm done wasting my time trying to make RF2 work properly. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you're just going to hot lap for 30 minutes. But any serious racing should be left to the serious racing sims.
See that's the problem though, you didn't say single player multiclass, you said "For example, don't even waste your time with multi-class racing in RF2."

This could very easily imply that all multiclass in Rf2 is a waste of time which would include multiplayer.

Which is 100% false as RF2 arguably has the greatest multiclass league racing available.

I will agree ai could use some work, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wanted to just do single player races against ai, however for online club or league racing, or just driving experience, there is no better imo except for maybe iRacing ($$$)

Other than ACC, I wonder if any sims will add the new Porsche GT3 R.

I'm obviously not an expert on ACC, but I get the impression that they will not add any 2019 GT3 car until post-release (that's what the ** at the bottom of the roadmap page seems to say: https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/ ). And ths new 911 GT3 R is definitely a 2019 model according to Porsche (see https://www.porsche.com/germany/mot...port/customerracing/racingcars/991-2nd-gt3-r/ ) so it seems those cars will come to ACC in "summer 2019" as part of a free update.

I must assume the 7 people who disagreed with my last comment must've never played RF2 single player. They must've never tried to run a multiclass race. Must've never tried to setup a championship. Must've not paid attention to the AI doing ridiculous things on track. Must never have had a full course yellow bizarrely reset the running order. Seriously, if you have a fix for many of the game stopping bugs or missing features, then please point me in that direction. Until then, I'm done wasting my time trying to make RF2 work properly. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you're just going to hot lap for 30 minutes. But any serious racing should be left to the serious racing sims.
Any real serious racing is done online against real people. The rest is just gaming. ;)

Really wish they'd start showing interior shots of the cars, that's generally where rF2 needs the most improvement in my mind.

Still this is looking like it's going to be a great pack, and one that'll probably push me over the edge to get the other GT3 pack as well to compliment the excellent endurace pack. Keep'em coming S397 :p

One of the 10xx build kept many people playing it simply because it was stable and the updates after that didnt offer much. It all depends on what your group needs.
Why this is a issue for other people I have no idea, honestly. It's not like you'll find public racing there (except for mainstream new content as I said, then those servers run the latest version anyway).

Fair enough chap, no complaints from me - let's hope the new UI revitalises the presence of online activity from the current ghost town state.

This is my top request items for S397. Racing AI can be exciting, but I prefer the human element of 'unpredictability'

My guess is that iracing is on it. I mean GT3 is heavily popular and waiting to be allowed to publish the 2019 model is the only reason I can think off why there is no GT3 R in the game yet. They've got the GT3 Cup, RSR, 919 and plenty of time producing the GT3 R.

Porsche and iRacing seem to be getting along quite well so I'd assume you're correct. The $100,000 Esport championship starts next month in the Cup car.
Out of all the current news, rF2 still has my curiosity the most involving the new UI and how exactly the competition mode will work.
We are really needing some quick pick up racing online, I don't have time for leagues and rF2 is my favorite drive but there's hardly anyone online.

We did bring three new McLaren historic open wheelers, one of which complements the Brabham BT44B and March 761 we also released this year. Add to that the update of the classic Longford track and I would not say we're neglecting historic content.
en free!!

Sorry for you but solo racing with AI is no longer a priority and fortunately!! everyone is asking for efforts for a viable content (irl series and laser tracks) an Iracing online style and a new interface, so AI...must be far away on the priority list!

+1.
Due the good physics and FFB I considered to spent days and days of my life trying to make rF2 work properly. Tons of TXT editing, set-up for AIs, even AIW raw editing. Bad decision, I ended up with less days of my life remaining and the old and same stuttering bug box.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%