rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Sorry to state the obvious, but things that actually matter to you, may not be the same things that actually matter to others.

I understand that, but based on many threads over on the RF2 forum, I'd say the general attitude is disappointment with 397 for not being more proactive about bugs. If the fundamentals are bad, all the other stuff is kind of irrelevant. I'd say that's kind of a universal truth and not just some out there opinion.

Are you sure that you get what fundamentals are ? In my point of view fundamentals are really good in rF2 and they are very strong. Still ahead of other simulators. But what's on top of the fundamentals is not fully developed yet.

Speaking of AI. Are you sure that they are fundamentally wrong ?

I understand that, but based on many threads over on the RF2 forum, I'd say the general attitude is disappointment with 397 for not being more proactive about bugs. If the fundamentals are bad, all the other stuff is kind of irrelevant. I'd say that's kind of a universal truth and not just some out there opinion.

You can't speak of AI as a whole as a fundamental. There are millions of different variables at play and AI is still one of the best in the market. FCY and the pit lap bug are hardly fundamentals.
I'll say it again, the issues you're experiencing with bad AI in mod tracks is not the game's fault and nothing S397 can do to fix this.
Even though I'm not on the boat of people who prioritized better visuals, it was obvious the vast majority did, and the multiplayer aspect of the game also needed immediate attention.
So by prioritizing visuals, UI and the competition system, I'd say they got their priorities right....and this is coming from someone who plays offline all the time.

For me I look forward to the pack gt3 especially with the 911 GT3 R and to tell the truth
all other GT3 too, I know that I will be satisfied. I run very often in multiclass and I like that. What I will like in addition to GT3 will be one or GT4 pack (s) there will be grandiose it is missing in RF2 and it's a pity but hey I forgive them because these the only simu that I use every day.
I play exclusively solo and for me since S397 took over RF2, I uninstalled my other games like assetto corsa with more than 800 hours, project cars 1 and 2 I keep for now R3e 780 hours because it's me was expensive, but I do not play any more.I still tried the GT4 but immediately disappointed.
I also bought acc to see what gives Unreal Engine I'll see, but for now only RF2 really gives me
the impression of driving in a car and that's what I'm looking for above all.
write with Google translation.

For me I look forward to the pack gt3 especially with the 911 GT3 R and to tell the truth
all other GT3 too, I know that I will be satisfied. I run very often in multiclass and I like that. What I will like in addition to GT3 will be one or GT4 pack (s) there will be grandiose it is missing in RF2 and it's a pity but hey I forgive them because these the only simu that I use every day.
I play exclusively solo and for me since S397 took over RF2, I uninstalled my other games like assetto corsa with more than 800 hours, project cars 1 and 2 I keep for now R3e 780 hours because it's me was expensive, but I do not play any more.I still tried the GT4 but immediately disappointed.
I also bought acc to see what gives Unreal Engine I'll see, but for now only RF2 really gives me
the impression of driving in a car and that's what I'm looking for above all.
write with Google translation.
Yes a GT4 pack would be pure awesomeness for us multiclass fans!

Are you sure that you get what fundamentals are ? In my point of view fundamentals are really good in rF2 and they are very strong. Still ahead of other simulators. But what's on top of the fundamentals is not fully developed yet.

Speaking of AI. Are you sure that they are fundamentally wrong ?
Fundamentals are not having cars just slow down for no reason on their pit in lap. Basic stuff like that is currently broken in the game.

Fundamentals are not having cars just slow down for no reason on their pit in lap. Basic stuff like that is currently broken in the game.
You have completely hijacked this thread, with your constant complaining about the things you don't like about the sim. Your complaints seem to focus on a very specific point. Everybody now understands what you don't like about rF2. There is nothing more for you to say.
Please, if you have something more to say to the devs on this issue, find another forum/means to further your agenda. This thread is about new content, it's not all about what you don't like. Many, many people are very happy with the progress of the hard work that S397 are putting into the sim. Please, you've made your point. Enough now.

You have completely hijacked this thread, with your constant complaining about the things you don't like about the sim. Your complaints seem to focus on a very specific point. Everybody now understands what you don't like about rF2. There is nothing more for you to say.
Please, if you have something more to say to the devs on this issue, find another forum/means to further your agenda. This thread is about new content, it's not all about what you don't like. Many, many people are very happy with the progress of the hard work that S397 are putting into the sim. Please, you've made your point. Enough now.
Someone just asked me a question and I answered them. Excuse me for replying and talking about sim racing.

release tomorrow :)

Introducing the GT3 Challengers pack, featuring some of the world’s most desirable GT cars, the McLaren 720S GT3, the Audi R8 LMS GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R, the BMW M6 GT3 and finally the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019.
And the best bit about this pack? It will be available TOMORROW!

This brings our GT field to a stunning 13 cars including the Endurance Pack and first GT3 Pack!
The GT3 Challengers pack will initially have four of the five cars, with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 joining the field as soon as we have approval.
Be the first to try these incredible cars tomorrow on Steam! #rFchallengers #rFactor2

48424208_2159036300813937_8490763191544971264_o.jpg

Last edited:
when I start rf2, after buying the GT3 Challenge pack, I get this error

Audi_R8LMS_GT3_2018_v1.01 requires unknown base mod to be installed.
- In steam, hover with the cursor on your name in the top bar
- A drop down menu shows up. Click on inventory
- Choose rFactor2. Cars will be objects you own for that particular game
- Clicking on a car picture will allow you to click on the "See in Workshop" button on the bottom right of the page. Doing so you'll be redirected to the workshop.
- unsub audi, start launcher, close launcher and resub.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%