rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
From an Ac and ACC fan boy I'm starting to asking myself question to try RF2... every weeks i see updates coming to RF2 that look really well done. Plus many you said that the FFb is really well done ...
What about the multiplayer ? Is better than AC -R3E ?

From an Ac and ACC fan boy I'm starting to asking myself question to try RF2... every weeks i see updates coming to RF2 that look really well done. Plus many you said that the FFb is really well done ...
Tip:
Dont be a fanboy of anything.
Try them all by yourself
Stick to what you like more
Profit

rF2 multiplayer is 99% leagues (the 1% is public racing when a mainstream new content is released)

rfactor 2 is the best Sim...thank to Studio 397 for the great work...

The boys of 397 have made the good Sim an absolutely brilliant Sim. With the new content, the SIM is getting better every month and addictive. Graphics alone does not make a good Sim! The complete package at rfactor 2 is awesome.

Last edited:
one of these days i might give it another go. signed up for a lifetime online pass years back the day it came out, hugely disappointed by the then state of the product, uninstalled after some months, remembered to sign up again for free when they moved to steam (thx rd!) but still not reinstalled, iRacing, RRE and Dirt series keep me well occupied :) Images, though, look great and like the original rFactor, which was awesome, it seems to have a very dedicated fan-base.

They spend a lot of time improving the graphics because they think that's what will get people to buy their game. To be honest though, there are many core fundamental issues (bugs) with RF2 that they simply ignore that pretty much make the game a show stopper if you're serious about sim racing. For example, don't even waste your time with multi-class racing in RF2. The whole experience borked big time by a bug that they seem to be uninterested in fixing.

I really want to like RF2 as it could potentially be a great sim. But the ambivalence by the devs, who would rather focus on pumping out new eye candy rather than a solid core sim just make the whole experience a frustrating waste of time.

My guess for the cars are the Aston Martin GT3 (maybe the new version, not the old one) and the Nissan GT-R GT3. The Acura NSX GT3 is also very likely. The Ferrari and the Lamborghini are unlikely because they are pretty expensive to license.

Seems bizarre why anyone would not want to use the most recent build ?
One of the 10xx build kept many people playing it simply because it was stable and the updates after that didnt offer much. It all depends on what your group needs.
Why this is a issue for other people I have no idea, honestly. It's not like you'll find public racing there (except for mainstream new content as I said, then those servers run the latest version anyway).

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000