rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I didn't have the latest version. The settings are now saving.
Still can't get the car manufacturers logo to show but have ran out of time to test today. I'll give it another go tomorrow.
Thank you

Mostly the Porsche flat 6. I can't get enough of them lol
Maybe if I used a GT3 or something similar, it'll work. I'm at work and can't test it now but I'll be off work the next 4 days to get some racing in.

Also is there a simple way to change the kpa and Celsius to psi and Fahrenheit?
Nevermind, I think I found the answer. Will try in the morning :)

Last edited:
R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

v1.7.1 - I introduced new features, and introduced some stupid formatting issues - now corrected :)

v1.7.1 - Modified Plugin Version now 1.7.1
Modified Overlay 'rF2 - Relative Car Ahead'

Introducing the Driver Number produced some formatting errors now corrected.

New feature currently in development:
Displaying when an opposition car has pitted, which will be shown on the Leaderboard overlay (can be useful with races with mandatory pit stops).

Read the rest of this update entry...

The tire app turn bright red when only at 100 degrees F? Tires are still cold and should show blue like RF2 tire app.
Hi there!

Ahhhh yes, rF2 tyres.

Some of the cars are on the old tyre model (for example the GT3's *correct at time of writing*) , some are on the new tyre model (for example GTE).

If the old tyre model you can pretty much abuse the tyres as much as you like. The new tyre model, if you abuse them they wear out and flat spot very easily.

That said, the new tyres will be effected by quite a lot of things, like road temperature for example.

<EDIT:>
As I generally race cars with the new tyre model, and temperatures in the new tyre model are more sensitive to temperature, I've tailored the app to that.
<END EDIT>

I've found that, generally speaking, if you get near 100°C then I have more tyre(s) wear on that tyre(s) and more likely to flat spot that tyre(s).

So, it's just my personal preference really (according to my terrible driving style!)

Feel free to change the colours in the tyre app to whatever you think is best - all of the overlays are customisable.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
I think what jawracing is saying is that he has his settings on Fahrenheit but the overlays colors are changing as if it's Celsius. I would like to change the measurements to imperial but this stuff is way over my head and I haven't figured out how to do it. With that being said, I've been learning to use the metric measurements ;)
Thanks for the updates. These overlays are the best for me in rf2.

I think what jawracing is saying is that he has his settings on Fahrenheit but the overlays colors are changing as if it's Celsius. I would like to change the measurements to imperial but this stuff is way over my head and I haven't figured out how to do it. With that being said, I've been learning to use the metric measurements ;)
Thanks for the updates. These overlays are the best for me in rf2.
Yes, it could be that :D

Doh.

Yes, if @jawracing , if you have your settings set to Fahrenheit then the colours will definitely be wrong :) SORRY!

So, easy fix is to set Simhub Settings, Temperature Unit to Celcius - which will give correct colours until I can figure out a way of reading the settings...

1667383449878.png

Apologies for the misunderstanding!!

:)

Last edited:
Yes, it could be that :D

Doh.

Yes, if @jawracing , if you have your settings set to Fahrenheit then the colours will definitely be wrong :) SORRY!

So, easy fix is to set Simhub Settings, Temperature Unit to Celcius - which will give correct colours until I can figure out a way of reading the settings...

View attachment 613623

Apologies for the misunderstanding!!

:)
Yeap, that's what it was. Making the switch to metric was the answer. Now all I have to do is pretend I can do split second conversions in my head! It's all good though. Thanks brother.

Last edited:
R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

v1.8 - Modified overlays Leaderboard, Fuel, Small Dash, Tyre Status. New Plugin version

v1.8:

Modified - Leaderboard Overlay
Added pit status of drivers.
You can now show either or both of the following:
- The number of times a driver has been in the pits
- A red glow behind the tyre type if the driver has not been in the pits (useful if running a race with a mandatory pit stop).

Modifed - Small Dash, Fuel, Tyres Overlays
These are now connected to your own SimHub Settings - so if you want Fuel in Gallons, Temperature in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey! Amazing stuff, for sure this is the best hud for RF2.
But my small dash is in mph and tyre pressure in kpa when in simhub i changed it to km/h and psi. How can i fix that?

Hey! Amazing stuff, for sure this is the best hud for RF2.
But my small dash is in mph and tyre pressure in kpa when in simhub i changed it to km/h and psi. How can i fix that?
Even with the new dashes?
I think when you change the units in the settings then click out of the settings and change the screen, the setting change then gets updated

Awesome update!!
Everything seems to be working as expected here. Is there any way to get the leaderboard track temp and temp to read Fahrenheit also? Not a big deal if you can't but that's the only place I'm seeing Celsius now.
Love the overlays :)

Awesome update!!
Everything seems to be working as expected here. Is there any way to get the leaderboard track temp and temp to read Fahrenheit also? Not a big deal if you can't but that's the only place I'm seeing Celsius now.
Love the overlays :)
Ohhhh bollox!!!!!!
Hahaha, yes, I'll get that updated - bloody missed that :D

Will try and do it tonight :)

Thanks for the heads up

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 27.8%