rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey great overlays, I've been using them for a bit now, but I noticed something with the leaderboard in the most recent build version. I was doing some online racing earlier during the day and the Actual leaderboard was displaying Null fields.

I took a screenshot but this time it was only displaying my name as Null, whereas earlier all fields were Null.

Attachments

• null1.jpg
    null1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 51
Hey great overlays, I've been using them for a bit now, but I noticed something with the leaderboard in the most recent build version. I was doing some online racing earlier during the day and the Actual leaderboard was displaying Null fields.

I took a screenshot but this time it was only displaying my name as Null, whereas earlier all fields were Null.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback, and apologies about the problems.

Yeah, I was doing an online race last night and saw some weird things happening. So, I delved back into the code and I think I understand what is going on.

Ive just got to give it some testing md then put out an update. Did try last night, but it got to nearly midnight and I really needed to go to bed :D

Will post something soon

R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

v1.8.4 - Plugin further bug fix

Hopefully squished a couple of random bugs to do with the plugin which related to the Leaderboard logic.
Only managed to test offline - so if you have any issues whilst online then please let me know!

UPDATED:
- Plugin to v0.8.3
- Leaderboard now shows Front and Rear Tyre compound (as some cars will allow multiple compounds).
Displayed as 'Front:Rear'
e.g S:S = 'Soft Front Tyres' : 'Soft Rear Tyres'

Read the rest of this update entry...

Had a whirl in an online race there and there are still some weird issues with the leaderboard. The Actual seems to work for the most part except for the tyre field of other racers. The relatives doesn't seem to work and I think the weather widget has stopped working too. Was in a practise session and it started to rain at 2% but the leaderboard was still saying 0%. I've provided some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

Attachments

• null2.jpg
    null2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 44
  • null3.jpg
    null3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 42
Had a whirl in an online race there and there are still some weird issues with the leaderboard. The Actual seems to work for the most part except for the tyre field of other racers. The relatives doesn't seem to work and I think the weather widget has stopped working too. Was in a practise session and it started to rain at 2% but the leaderboard was still saying 0%. I've provided some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.
Grrrrrrrrr

OK - just to confirm that is with the latest version of the plugin?

Right - I just popped into rF2 and indeed there is some sort of problem - something that didn't occur yesterday.

FFS sometimes I hate computers.

Will look into it.
Sorry for the issues

Right - I just popped into rF2 and indeed there is some sort of problem - something that didn't occur yesterday.

FFS sometimes I hate computers.

Will look into it.
Sorry for the issues
Hey no worries, I appreciate you giving us this great overlay. I know how you feel in the world of programming, you fix 1 bug and 10 new ones pop up. :laugh:

Don't feel like you have to drop everything to fix it, the main leaderboard works for the most part and everything else works fine. Just work at it at your own pace. :)

Hey no worries, I appreciate you giving us this great overlay. I know how you feel in the world of programming, you fix 1 bug and 10 new ones pop up. :laugh:

Don't feel like you have to drop everything to fix it, the main leaderboard works for the most part and everything else works fine. Just work at it at your own pace. :)
It's a royal PITA

I'm looking at code that's never once caused an issue - and now it is
>(

v1.9 - Leaderboard and Plugin Fixes

v1.9 Fixes to issues (hopefully)

Please update the following:
- Updated Plugin (now version 1.0)
- Updated overlay 'rF2 - Leaderboard'
- Updated overlay 'rF2 - Relative Car Ahead'
- Updated JavaScript Extension 'rF2_GetCarLogo.js'

Hello,

Massive, no, HUUUGGEEE apologies to everyone.

It really does appear to be working on my machine now.

If you have any issues please message me.

Much love

Nice work on the update, I played about with the latest version and all the important things on the leaderboard are working fine, actual and relatives. There is one small thing but I don't see it as game breaking and will not affect the use of the overlays. The tyres on the leaderboard doesn't seem to grab the tyre info of opponents and will display ((T)(T)) for most. I did a race earlier and the pit function worked fine, could see who pitted and how many times.

Also, both the leaderboard and the tyre status overlay doesn't seem to properly update your own tyres all the time. When I'm on mediums it is fine, if I switch to softs it will take like 30secs to update to (S) and if I select hards it doesnt seem to update to show them, just seems to stay on (M).

Again, I don't find it a big deal as I don't find it too important to know opponent tyres. You will probably get sick of me reporting things and dread anytime I make a post lol. :laugh:

I've provided a screenshot of the leaderboard, this was taken when I was just sitting in the LFM practice server.

Attachments

• tyres2.jpg
    tyres2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 42
Nice work on the update, I played about with the latest version and all the important things on the leaderboard are working fine, actual and relatives. There is one small thing but I don't see it as game breaking and will not affect the use of the overlays. The tyres on the leaderboard doesn't seem to grab the tyre info of opponents and will display ((T)(T)) for most. I did a race earlier and the pit function worked fine, could see who pitted and how many times.

Also, both the leaderboard and the tyre status overlay doesn't seem to properly update your own tyres all the time. When I'm on mediums it is fine, if I switch to softs it will take like 30secs to update to (S) and if I select hards it doesnt seem to update to show them, just seems to stay on (M).

Again, I don't find it a big deal as I don't find it too important to know opponent tyres. You will probably get sick of me reporting things and dread anytime I make a post lol. :laugh:

I've provided a screenshot of the leaderboard, this was taken when I was just sitting in the LFM practice server.
Thanks dude, it's good to have some feedback.

I'll look into the tyre issues (again)

>D

Thanks again

Easy fix for that - bloody typo :)

Posting an update now - thanks loads for the feedback and screenshots!!

Much appreciated :)

v1.9.2 - Update to latest pluging

Found the reason some tyres were still displaying as T (was when a driver leaves the race, idexing got a bit messed up - now fixed)

Please update to the latest plugin version.

- Fixed the reason why some drivers weren't showing the correct tyres. When a driver leaves the race the indexing in the code got out of sync, and, as I tested offline and never booted any drivers, I never saw that happen.

But, Ijust did an LFM race and saw it happen, saved the replay and was able to trace back where it originated from!

OK that's it with the tyre fixes (I hope).

No more updates for a while.

Much love

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering