rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nahh - 30 is fine - well at least on my system - like I said, i7-7700k and RTX 3080ti.

But I think SimHub is majority CPU bound - although I could be wrong.

Maybe it's an AMD thing....?

Have you posted something on the SimHub Discord?
There's some really helpful and knowledgeable people over there.

I'm just an idiot :D
Thanks mate - you definitely aren't an idiot coz I didn't even think of asking in their discord :D I shall do that!
Once again, thanks for making this overlay, it makes rfactor2 a lot more enjoyable. Now only if rfactor2 itself is more stable and crash less randomly LoooooL

Thanks mate - you definitely aren't an idiot coz I didn't even think of asking in their discord :D I shall do that!
Once again, thanks for making this overlay, it makes rfactor2 a lot more enjoyable. Now only if rfactor2 itself is more stable and crash less randomly LoooooL
You're welcome my friend!
Hey, we all keep the faith that rF2 will turn into a swan ;)

Hello!
Just here to say that this overlay seems so much legit that almost have the taste of "official".
I'm loving it so much, that I removed most of the other overlays that I used to use.
Only two suggestions.
Could be possible to add a "tacometer" module (to have the Gear, Speed, RevBar, maybe pedals input bar or something), and a full relative (with the leaderboard style that matches so well with rF2 colors)

Thanks for this amazing work that you are doing!

Hello!
Just here to say that this overlay seems so much legit that almost have the taste of "official".
I'm loving it so much, that I removed most of the other overlays that I used to use.
Only two suggestions.
Could be possible to add a "tacometer" module (to have the Gear, Speed, RevBar, maybe pedals input bar or something), and a full relative (with the leaderboard style that matches so well with rF2 colors)

Thanks for this amazing work that you are doing!
Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, I actually have a gear/speed rpm overkay I can attach that also.

With the relative, what do you mean ? As in a separate relative? (The leaderboard can switch between actual and relative)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the new widget, seems pretty good. I can't wait to try it after work today...

About the Relative, I was checking the manual that you shared, and we are supposed to add a button on the wheel to change from Leaderboard to Relative. I have to try it. (It is possible to map it to a key on the keyboard, not the wheel?)

But I think the widget will remain in the same position, with the big rFactor 2 Logo above.

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a separated widget for the relative, to be able to have both, the LB and the REL in different positions of the screen.
Maybe the REL one a bit smaller, with just positions, driver name (maybe shorter name width), gap, etc

And one other little thing, the Fuel widget, would be more visible? I feel that grey text colour is not so much visible during race, so a brighter colour could suit better, imho...

Besides that, I'm loving this overlay. The map with auto zoom, the tyre widget colours, everything is amazing! Great work!

PD: Do you have Ko-Fi, Patreon or whatever other way to support a little bit your efforts creating this?
EDIT: I missed the Paypal link at first page, little support sent now, Thanks again

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the new widget, seems pretty good. I can't wait to try it after work today...

About the Relative, I was checking the manual that you shared, and we are supposed to add a button on the wheel to change from Leaderboard to Relative. I have to try it. (It is possible to map it to a key on the keyboard, not the wheel?)

But I think the widget will remain in the same position, with the big rFactor 2 Logo above.

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a separated widget for the relative, to be able to have both, the LB and the REL in different positions of the screen.
Maybe the REL one a bit smaller, with just positions, driver name (maybe shorter name width), gap, etc

And one other little thing, the Fuel widget, would be more visible? I feel that grey text colour is not so much visible during race, so a brighter colour could suit better, imho...

Besides that, I'm loving this overlay. The map with auto zoom, the tyre widget colours, everything is amazing! Great work!

PD: Do you have Ko-Fi, Patreon or whatever other way to support a little bit your efforts creating this?
EDIT: I missed the Paypal link at first page, little support sent now, Thanks again
Hey, wow, thanks for the support - you didn't have to do that - so I massively appreciate it!
Thank you :)

So your questions:
Mapping a keyboard button.....it should do but I've never tried it, only ever used buttons on my wheel.

In theory the Leaderboard widgets could be split so that you could have an 'Actual' Leaderboard and a 'Relative' Leaderboard. But they would be in the same format (as in PIC, Driver Name, Lap, Gap etc) and making it smaller would mean creating new images, reformatting everything and....ugh.... I haven't got the time ATM to be doing that all again :D
Just trying to race more and tweak less! :D

As for the Fuel overlay - you can edit it to whatever you like - which is the real beauty of SimHub. Get in there are make it bolder or brighter - whatever suits your tastes!

So, I may do a separate relative overlay at some point, but not right now - enjoying LFM too much to get involved in the development phase again :D

Take care my friend, and again, thanks for your support - it is really much appreciated :)

Thanks mate for your explanation, I would take a dive look into Simhub Overlay Editor to change the colour of the Fuel widget into something that suit better for me.
About the Relative, don't worry about it, I can use other solutions meanwhile, or even try more the Editor to see if I come up with something.
I'm also enjoying a lot LFM races, so I hope to see you there on the track!

I'm trying to configure the button to change the LB and Relative, but Simhub is not recognising the button input.
Game is opened.
I've tried from the menu, and even from the track.
Is not taking also keyboard inputs.
Checking the guide it says that the plugin file should be named rF2Plugin.dll but in the zip file there is only one called DF.rF2Plugin.dll
I'm using last version 1.4
Let me know if you need anything else, or if you see I'm doing smth wrong.

TY

I'm trying to configure the button to change the LB and Relative, but Simhub is not recognising the button input.
Game is opened.
Checking the guide it says that the plugin file should be named rF2Plugin.dll but in the zip file there is only one called DF.rF2Plugin.dll

TY
The plugin name is fine that's an issue in the doc.

OK, did you download the very latest version of the plugin?

I had someone else say it was causing an issue, but never heard back when I did a quick change , so assumed it was working....

Game is opened.

TY
I had the same issue, I “fixed” it by changing the USB-Port my wheel was connected to, from USB3.0 to USB2.0 and after configuring back to USB3.0. Might help you solve this issue. :thumbsup:

I had the same issue, I “fixed” it by changing the USB-Port my wheel was connected to, from USB3.0 to USB2.0 and after configuring back to USB3.0. Might help you solve this issue. :thumbsup:
Excellent, thanks for the feedback :)

I have it running fine on my machine at home, it's hard to prove it works for everyone!

I'm glad you got it working ;)

Hiya, great overlays for RF2 + LFM savour! I'm having the greyed out last button pressed issue when trying to assign a button to change leader board. Have Thrustmaster TSPC Racer in Advanced mode plugged into USB. Tried changing usb sockets like previously mentioned but no joy. RF2 running when pressing buttons. Have latest simhub and downloaded here today to make sure have latest version. Any ideas appreciated. Thx

Hiya, great overlays for RF2 + LFM savour! I'm having the greyed out last button pressed issue when trying to assign a button to change leader board. Have Thrustmaster TSPC Racer in Advanced mode plugged into USB. Tried changing usb sockets like previously mentioned but no joy. RF2 running when pressing buttons. Have latest simhub and downloaded here today to make sure have latest version. Any ideas appreciated. Thx
Hello mate, sorry you're having problems.

Hmm, this is a perplexing issue.

I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5, and never had a problem.

Have you tried getting into a Practice/Qualy/Race session then pressing the button?

I'll have a look again at it tonight to see if there's something that should be done.

Hello mate, sorry you're having problems.

Hmm, this is a perplexing issue.

I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5, and never had a problem.

Have you tried getting into a Practice/Qualy/Race session then pressing the button?

I'll have a look again at it tonight to see if there's something that should be done.
only tired single player practice session so far, will test the other game modes this evening and report back. Thanks man

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 32.6%