Login or Register an account to download this content
R00b_Driver submitted a new resource:

rF2 Simhub Overlays - SimHub Overlays

View attachment 609309

View attachment 609310
View attachment 609311

View attachment 609312

Hello simracers!

Here is another bunch of SimHub Overlays.

I've been using these for quite a while now - mostly offline with AI (compatible with my Virtual Driver Builder Spreadsheet - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rf2-virtual-driver-builder.51702/) , but now we can all race online with other people and Low Fuel...

Read more about this resource...

Fantastic job mate!! May I ask a dumb question? I followed the user guide to install it, all the data seems showing up fine but I am missing all the background images? For example the leader board doesn't have the RF2 logo and there is no "background" grey rectangle thing, its all just text with a transparent background. Am I missing something?? Or is this the part in User Guide about using GIMP to edit/add them into the overlay?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Fantastic job mate!! May I ask a dumb question? I followed the user guide to install it, all the data seems showing up fine but I am missing all the background images? For example the leader board doesn't have the RF2 logo and there is no "background" grey rectangle thing, its all just text with a transparent background. Am I missing something?? Or is this the part in User Guide about using GIMP to edit/add them into the overlay?

Thanks again!
No you're not dumb.

Someone else has said the same thing.

Which is odd, as you would imagine if you copy the whole folder of the dash it would work.

In the latest version I attached another folder with the exported dashes.

If you look at the last revision note it will have instructions as to how to install them.

So if you delete the existing dash overlays from the simhub folder, then try to import the dashes the other way, does that work?

I can only apologise, I have copied the dashes from pc to my laptop and it seemed to work

Awesome job with this collection of overlays :thumbsup: I have an issue with setting the wheel (G29) button to switch from actual to relative timing. My 'Last Button Pressed' output field is gray. I made sure rF2 was running when pressing the button, but still no luck. Do I need additional Simhub plugins to set the button?

Cheers

Awesome job with this collection of overlays :thumbsup: I have an issue with setting the wheel (G29) button to switch from actual to relative timing. My 'Last Button Pressed' output field is gray. I made sure rF2 was running when pressing the button, but still no luck. Do I need additional Simhub plugins to set the button?

Cheers
Hey man

No - someone else is having a problem and I'm not sure why.

Hopefully will get another look at it this afternoon and will post an update when I know!

Sorry!!

It all works ok on my pc :(

No you're not dumb.

Someone else has said the same thing.

Which is odd, as you would imagine if you copy the whole folder of the dash it would work.

In the latest version I attached another folder with the exported dashes.

If you look at the last revision note it will have instructions as to how to install them.

So if you delete the existing dash overlays from the simhub folder, then try to import the dashes the other way, does that work?

I can only apologise, I have copied the dashes from pc to my laptop and it seemed to work
Thanks for your reply!! I m indeed still running v7.4, I will update it and see how I go and also will try with using the alternative method!

Also - use the new plugin attached to the latest version and see if that everything works....

Thanks!!
Thanks mate, it started working once I updated to latest simhub version :)
Now I guess I need to work on some simhub settings to make it run smoother especially the timer and radar :) it starts stuttering after a while into the race, I dont think it is your overlay issues, but does anyone have any idea in general how to resolve this issue? I changed it to use HTML engine but still the same. Maybe just my PC not powerful enough?

Thanks mate, it started working once I updated to latest simhub version :)
Now I guess I need to work on some simhub settings to make it run smoother especially the timer and radar :) it starts stuttering after a while into the race, I dont think it is your overlay issues, but does anyone have any idea in general how to resolve this issue? I changed it to use HTML engine but still the same. Maybe just my PC not powerful enough?
Ohhh good

Hmmm, have you a licenced SimHub version? If not it's only 10FPS.

I just run normal, ie not HTML engine, and it's pretty smooth, never notice any problems with it.

There is an option to run in High Performance mode somewhere in SimHub settings which uses more CPU resources, but I've never had to use it.

FYI I only have a i7-7700k CPU, which I need to upgrade (along with mobile, cooling, and RAM) when I have some money

Hello, I have 2 questions, what could be the problem?
1. In the leader board, “my name” is displayed incorrectly, that is, with a different name, even after driving a few laps.
2. The fuel indicator does not show all the information, it does not show the consumption per lap, but the total amount of fuel is displayed.

Hello, I have 2 questions, what could be the problem?
1. In the leader board, “my name” is displayed incorrectly, that is, with a different name, even after driving a few laps.
2. The fuel indicator does not show all the information, it does not show the consumption per lap, but the total amount of fuel is displayed.
Hey dude

Hmmmm, your name should be the one it picks up from rF2 settings, so have you set it in there?

The fuel, yeah, sometimes for a new track it will require a few more laps as it's an internal SimHub calculation, so it probably needs some more time to work out the averages. So bang around 10 laps or so. I had the same thing last night whipping round a track i just downloaded

Last edited:
Ohhh good

Hmmm, have you a licenced SimHub version? If not it's only 10FPS.

I just run normal, ie not HTML engine, and it's pretty smooth, never notice any problems with it.

There is an option to run in High Performance mode somewhere in SimHub settings which uses more CPU resources, but I've never had to use it.

FYI I only have a i7-7700k CPU, which I need to upgrade (along with mobile, cooling, and RAM) when I have some money
Yes I have the licensed version, it will just slow time as the race progress. I have this issue with the other rfactor2 MMO overlay too. I have a 3700X and a RX6800, so I thought it would be ok but hmmm not sure what the problem is, maybe too many cars on the grid? (30 cars)

Yes I have the licensed version, it will just slow time as the race progress. I have this issue with the other rfactor2 MMO overlay too. I have a 3700X and a RX6800, so I thought it would be ok but hmmm not sure what the problem is, maybe too many cars on the grid? (30 cars)
Nahh - 30 is fine - well at least on my system - like I said, i7-7700k and RTX 3080ti.

But I think SimHub is majority CPU bound - although I could be wrong.

Maybe it's an AMD thing....?

Have you posted something on the SimHub Discord?
There's some really helpful and knowledgeable people over there.

I'm just an idiot :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea