rF2: New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Updated.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but Studio 397 have recently released a new build of rFactor 2.

Timed to be in conjunction with the release of the latest generation of Formula E car that deployed as DLC back at the end of last week, the new build of rFactor 2 is now here and ready to download (if you haven't already) the next time you restart your Steam client.

Update Notes:

Steam Build IDs
client: 3750893
dedi: 3750894

• Added more detailed realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging:
  • https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
    New materials fix to avoid custom team skins not showing.
  • Implemented 'brake-by-wire' (for Formula E Gen2).
  • Fixed 32bit crash.
  • Fixed sporadic blown out scene when using car select and tuning in a multiplayer session
  • Fixed glitched puddle reflections of cars bodies.
  • Fixed crash for some users when joining a multiplayer session.
Steam Build IDs
client: 3753718
dedi: 3750894
  • Fixed VR virtual mirrors

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

For the latest and greatest from the world of rF2, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the news and community discussion.

For racing fun against real people, check out the rF2 Racing Club for regular, quality online racing in a safe and fun environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Content Manager for Assetto Corsa does a very good job of replacing a games UI. It does than the original, with extra options to fiddle with, add new content, create custom championships, etc. Maybe they needed a different approach in the developement.
Perhaps S397 should find an enthusiast to spend a couple of weekends banging out a UI plugin. It'd at least be progress.

More than happy with the progress that Studio 397 are making (compared with the previous dev...hehe)...so personally I am quite happy to wait as I have plenty of others Sims to keep me happy:D:D...just keep chipping away at the big picture Studio 397.

I have said this before but Kunos will very likely release an all new game with a UI in much less time than 397 have managed to update the UI i too think its a tad rediculous.
The current UI in rF2 works perfect with my Samsung Odyssey and the Oculus before. ACC and AC on the other hand are the only titles with horrible UI in VR and it seems they just hate VR.

Sure the UI in rF2 isn't great but not something I think much about as it is a way better simulator.
Yeah scanning this thread I just thought dont these people have anything more serious to quarrel about in this sim?
The old UI is working and doing its thing. A new one will (hopefully) work better.
But the serious part in a sim like rF2 should be the virtuel cars behavioring on the track.
At least for simmers:whistling:

And what would those be?
CM is offering more and better than any other UI out there. it offers so much that it is hard to even use a third of what it can do.
You would be so lucky to have even a CM light version available for RF2.

I used CM aswell and it is certainly great for what it offers, but I found it to be lacking in a few areas as much as other solutions on the market and I found myself searching for stuff more than once, wich isn't a good sign. The clunky opponent selection is one area for example, that is just as bad or worse as adding the AI in the garage screen as it is currently possible in rF2. Next to the fact that the CM is pretty cluttered containing too much text for an UI, it would get even more messy if it had to store all the funtionality of rF2's current UI. Often I see people giving those kind of suggestions, but they mostly forget that AC and rF2 are two very different working sims. Thatswhy it is nice to see the whole front end revamped from scratch instead of using light versions of 3rd party solutions. The install process of CM alone is a no-go for software developers offering their product on Steam.

The main reason because the people want the new UI is because come with online system, nothing else special. Studio 397 are releasing new cars, but I'm tired to run with AI. I don't care about UI, I just want to race online at anytime.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back