rF2: New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Updated.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but Studio 397 have recently released a new build of rFactor 2.

Timed to be in conjunction with the release of the latest generation of Formula E car that deployed as DLC back at the end of last week, the new build of rFactor 2 is now here and ready to download (if you haven't already) the next time you restart your Steam client.

Update Notes:

Steam Build IDs
client: 3750893
dedi: 3750894

• Added more detailed realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging:
  • https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
    New materials fix to avoid custom team skins not showing.
  • Implemented 'brake-by-wire' (for Formula E Gen2).
  • Fixed 32bit crash.
  • Fixed sporadic blown out scene when using car select and tuning in a multiplayer session
  • Fixed glitched puddle reflections of cars bodies.
  • Fixed crash for some users when joining a multiplayer session.
Steam Build IDs
client: 3753718
dedi: 3750894
  • Fixed VR virtual mirrors

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

For the latest and greatest from the world of rF2, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the news and community discussion.

For racing fun against real people, check out the rF2 Racing Club for regular, quality online racing in a safe and fun environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

You know your are dealing with real race sim enthusiast when all the focus is on the UI.;)
Yes CM is very impressive and so is the shader patch and SOL. You can polish a turd but it is still a turd!

Sure the UI in rF2 isn't great but not something I think much about as it is a way better simulator.

There s confusion because some misinterpret the UI for GUI, its features and UX that matter. Sports sim without competition infrastructure is a bit bland, on the other hand league racing is not ideal for newcomers like me so its rather black and white situation. Or else u flirt with "wide as the sea, shallow as a pond" scheme.

Saying "polishing a turd" is very cheap in this case, in a similar way you could say S397 updating game graphics and releasing new shaders are "polishing a turd" too... constructive criticism is one thing , being a negative Nancy is another. :)
I m not defending AC , i d wish for an AC2 and not milking the GT3 cow with ACC, in the end its game titles that sell for profit thats the way it is. Thinking out loud here - in rf servers its mainly the latest f1 mods used (although much smaller sample), imagine S397 pulling an rfactor competizione on us with modern f1 only , but that would require an F1 championship license. :confused:

Content Manager for Assetto Corsa does a very good job of replacing a games UI. It does than the original, with extra options to fiddle with, add new content, create custom championships, etc. Maybe they needed a different approach in the developement.
Possibly my first disagree rating. Take this in friendly disagreement.

I get that AC Content Manager is minimalistic and functional but (a) they've been builidng that out for a long time, too, (b) they have Windows UI frameworks to leverage so they don't have to redo assets, (c) it might be functional but it's not the quality or beauty that we expect from an in-game UI.

AC Content Manager is great for what it enables but I wouldn't want it in a game if I didn't have to have it.

See ACC and PC2 in-game UIs for the quality and sleekness we should be aiming for.

I can't see ISI going head to head with S397. I believe they said they wouldn't be competing with rF2.

I believe that S397 will continue development much like iRacing... After the GUI I hope we get more World tracks and improved features, Rain, add VR Mirrors and improved graphics. (Also update old content to current standards).

Sorry I never meant a ISI sim just to develop pmotor and tyres to next level or you think it can't get any better ?
They can only do so much in current engine and all DLC use old tyres ..right ?

If they updated all Historics to standard of F Vee DLC I would be more then happy they continue

edit: ISI are still developing pro engine for real simulators ...yes ?
If that is yes then won't be too hard to make a new one for sim

Last edited:
I do believe the F1 license Codemasters has is exclusive, so chances of that are currently slim. :)

I dont really care about that, i said it just for the discussion, and no its not about the sound in modern f1 i have RSS formula hybrid and love the sound.

I d much prefer formula Renault 2014 (and not only) in RF2 building my own championship with rf2 EU (or whatever) track mods , x10 times better without exaggerating ,at least for me. Although FR35 has annoying sounds issues (FX), and the tracks should be inspected beforehand , eg. mods going psychedelic with AI multipliers (Jerez looking at you), stereotypical rfactor stuff.
Since RF3 is not in the schedule maybe because of current licenses & costs, i m just hoping for the best.

They shutdown one free Indycar mod from their beta tester and forum admin, so they clearly have or are pursuing that license in some way.
That's cool. I really don't understand why it is taking so long for a proper Indycar sim. The powers that be at Indycar are probably really picky at which company that wants to make it, if any are even on the table and maybe the license is super expensive. Heck I wouldn't care if Codemasters did it, they got the mula. Let's hope we get a nice surprise soon:)

They have the Indy license, since May 2013.
The licensing agreement was with the Indy 500 track management and not the Indycar series. Also most of the cars listed were CART/Champcar vehicles, not Indycar. (yes, there is a difference) (OK, the Dallara was an IRL car) So they can build the Indy 500 circuit and populate it with some historic cars, but that is a far cry from a full-on Indycar or Champcar product. At least from that announcement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back