rF2: New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Updated.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but Studio 397 have recently released a new build of rFactor 2.

Timed to be in conjunction with the release of the latest generation of Formula E car that deployed as DLC back at the end of last week, the new build of rFactor 2 is now here and ready to download (if you haven't already) the next time you restart your Steam client.

Update Notes:

Steam Build IDs
client: 3750893
dedi: 3750894

• Added more detailed realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging:
  • https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
    New materials fix to avoid custom team skins not showing.
  • Implemented 'brake-by-wire' (for Formula E Gen2).
  • Fixed 32bit crash.
  • Fixed sporadic blown out scene when using car select and tuning in a multiplayer session
  • Fixed glitched puddle reflections of cars bodies.
  • Fixed crash for some users when joining a multiplayer session.
Steam Build IDs
client: 3753718
dedi: 3750894
  • Fixed VR virtual mirrors

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

For the latest and greatest from the world of rF2, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the news and community discussion.

For racing fun against real people, check out the rF2 Racing Club for regular, quality online racing in a safe and fun environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Source for UI 'promised' in January, I cannot see S397 ever have committed to a date in their roadmaps?
Would be lovely with the new UI and proper presets for the wheels as well,
loads and recognizes my Fanatec CSL PS4 Base, but 0 steering at all, I use the CSW2.5 Preset feels like crap so left again, since 2012 this UI and lack of proper controller support just kills the appeal off,
buy the time you wasted 1hr in the UI you just want to go back to bed.

Would be lovely with the new UI and proper presets for the wheels as well,
loads and recognizes my Fanatec CSL PS4 Base, but 0 steering at all, I use the CSW2.5 Preset feels like crap so left again, since 2012 this UI and lack of proper controller support just kills the appeal off,
buy the time you wasted 1hr in the UI you just want to go back to bed.
the profiles still need manual calibration :)

Source for UI 'promised' in January, I cannot see S397 ever have committed to a date in their roadmaps?

Not January but I'm pretty sure they said Q1 2019....and let's not forget that is already one year after they teased the first screenshots of a supposed "beta".
I love rF2 and S397 but let's not be too complacent here, this is getting ridiculous, and whenever it launches, it won't even include an offline championship :thumbsdown:

Not January but I'm pretty sure they said Q1 2019....and let's not forget that is already one year after they teased the first screenshots of a supposed "beta".
I love rF2 and S397 but let's not be too complacent here, this is getting ridiculous, and whenever it launches, it won't even include an offline championship :thumbsdown:

I think alot of people underestimate the complete overhaul of the UI and just imagine it as a few menus with a few buttons to click. But there is alot more to it and S397 admitted that they underestimated the task themself. Nothing ridiciolous from my POV put just stuff taking as much time as it needs when you want to make it bullet proof.

Next to that, there is alot of stuff coming with the new UI that people have been waiting for. The search function alone will be worth it. Once the MP side of things is settled, I see them spending more efforts on the SP part of the sim. That's a bit of a problem with transparent development and the roadmaps from my perspective - development deadlines that are set from the team are too easily given for granted and expected to be release dates. Wich 99,9% of all times doesn't work. And that's not just rF2 but all of the sim studios. S397 should do it as iRacing. Show what's being worked on and just release it when it's finished.

A roadmap and a deadline are not always compatible. One does not need the other. A deadline is a fictitious estimate. They have made several broad estimates and have missed all of them. They could say we've reached our deadline so me will release a UI that is blue instead of brown. But what would that achieve? I am constantly surprised, and not in a good way, about the continual harping about such things as the UI. Do we all think they just fiddle with it every few months and then let all work sit idle? Do we all think that merely the word "EA" is spoken and the world becomes?
Either the UI will happen, when it's ready, or eventually S397 as a company will collapse. But think a moment...are users unfamiliar with rF2 really waiting for a new UI? If I was a new user, I can tell you only the enhanced competition system might attract me to look closer at rF2. . A new user rarely would be attracted to background nuts and bolts. :They want the driving, the racing, and some flash.
PBR is advancing, Laser Scanning is progressing, new leagues & cars are licensed, and hopefully someday we'll have a robust competition with online users. After that, we will count ourselves lucky if they have the drive and resources to address the myriad of issues yet to be resolved.

Guys, I bought rF2 back in 2012, still have the license, but never got on with it for some reason, maybe not well setup on my rig.
Was thinking of giving it another go, can I still use my old license with Steam?

Cheers

Les
I bought it in 2012 also, missed the steam integration I believe was only a limited time,
so now I have purchased it twice.

I might be wrong, but bought it twice anyways I could not find any emails to say it was going to steam.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000