rF2: Monaco E-Prix Track Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Monaco E Prix b.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second official Formula E circuit for the simulation - adding the Monaco E-Prix 2019 layout for the title.

Retailing for just under £7 if bought as a standalone piece of content, or purchasable as part of a larger Formula E themed pack, the 2019 variation of the Monaco E-Prix is available from the rFactor 2 Steam Store now.

Perhaps best known for its Formula One Grand Prix hosting credentials, Monaco is also the jewel in the crown of the Formula E calendar, and the shorted, Formula E specific layout is another interesting addition to the title that further expands the content of the all electric series within the sim..

Joining the Hong Kong E-Prix and the recently released Lester E-Prix fantasy track, the 2019 Monaco E-Prix layout is available now.

Recreating Monaco has been a huge effort, and it’s been more than worth it! We made it our primary goal to painstakingly bring to life this special environment with the highest level of detail. Starting with a high resolution ‘laser-scan’ as a base to create the track surface, we then went on to build the essential elements that make Monaco what it is. From the yachts and sailboats in the harbor that sit in the glistening blue water as the sun goes low, to the buildings and track side objects – it’s all there!

The 1.765 km track offers intense racing requiring high-concentration to keep the car out of trouble – good luck!
rF2 Monaco E Prix a.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What nobody talks about is that those $40 extra we paid for online in 2012 never came back since online became free. I’d love to have those credits to buy content.

It isn’t about the $40. I spend way more in other sims.

It’s about respecting the consumer.
If you bought the game at full price in 2012 then technically you got your monies worth as you paid for online access and got it (whether you used it or not). But some people bought that 80€ package as late as 2017 I think and those people basically paid 40€ extra for nothing as they could have gotten the exact same deal for 40€ less in some cases if they had bought the game a week later. Even if technically those people also got what they paid for (online access).

I don't remember seeing any more than maybe couple of people who complained who had bought the big price version at that time when the online became free so it is possible some deals took place behind the curtains to keep those people happy... or rf2 was so dead that they barely sold any licenses at all near the end and if someone complained then the rf2 forum users basically responded to their posts like they responded to any criticism by telling them to just go away. So they probably did. Or they got their refunds from steam.

(So I got the car and track, partly due to posts like the one above, and...nope. Kinda regret getting the track, to be honest. I don't like it at all, I find it quite confusing to drive despite its simple layout, and I also can't see how anyone would want to drive it in any other cars. Well I don't see how anyone would want to drive it even with the FE cars.

As for the cars themselves, those I at least don't regret getting and can be quite fun if you take them to an actual circuit. Wish there were some tyres available for them with actual grip, though ;) )

I don't like it at all, I find it quite confusing to drive despite its simple layout, and I also can't see how anyone would want to drive it in any other cars.
Sorry to hear you did not like it at all...while I do agree the FE cars on this track are not my 'cup of tea' so to speak, I do really enjoy driving manual H-Pattern and Clutch on the smaller / slower more nimble cars around this track (as previous posts)...I guess it's down to personal preference and what I like the most in my Sim Racing experience:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back