rF2: Monaco E-Prix Track Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Monaco E Prix b.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second official Formula E circuit for the simulation - adding the Monaco E-Prix 2019 layout for the title.

Retailing for just under £7 if bought as a standalone piece of content, or purchasable as part of a larger Formula E themed pack, the 2019 variation of the Monaco E-Prix is available from the rFactor 2 Steam Store now.

Perhaps best known for its Formula One Grand Prix hosting credentials, Monaco is also the jewel in the crown of the Formula E calendar, and the shorted, Formula E specific layout is another interesting addition to the title that further expands the content of the all electric series within the sim..

Joining the Hong Kong E-Prix and the recently released Lester E-Prix fantasy track, the 2019 Monaco E-Prix layout is available now.

Recreating Monaco has been a huge effort, and it’s been more than worth it! We made it our primary goal to painstakingly bring to life this special environment with the highest level of detail. Starting with a high resolution ‘laser-scan’ as a base to create the track surface, we then went on to build the essential elements that make Monaco what it is. From the yachts and sailboats in the harbor that sit in the glistening blue water as the sun goes low, to the buildings and track side objects – it’s all there!

The 1.765 km track offers intense racing requiring high-concentration to keep the car out of trouble – good luck!
rF2 Monaco E Prix a.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The rest of your post I don't understand, maybe English isn't your first language or something :O_o:

Annoys me content in all caps, places them out of alphabetical order

CRYSTAL PALACE comes before Cadwell Park in rFactor2 track list, not so hard to understand
anyhow I was joking, nothing annoys me about rF2 and if something
did annoy me I rather concentrate on positives not negatives

If they would have released this 17 months ago, i would´ve bought it along with a pack of other FE tracks.
My FE Gen1 just collects dust in the rF2 garage. Thats the way they lost me as a customer and the general lack of content lost me for the sim. Thats sadly the truth.

You decided to buy 1 car your loss so now you try to make it personal, give up

I bought the McLaren GT3 car when it was released , well before the rest of the pack was released .
Seeing that you post in riddles and blank statements i just assumed you just didnt have a full grasp of the English language , not attacking you just really trying to make sense of your posts !
My apologises if i insulted you :)

more money = more stuff in the future

more money = even more paid content in the future.
I wish it were true, I think it's more like
more money = even more paid content in the future.

I'm trying to think how much 'stuff' we've got since S397 took over that's not paid content? I can think of, off the top of my head, a partially finished weather system that is still not much use, some old Mclarens (nice), Botniaring, an unfinished Zandvoort and NOLA (which was started by ISI I think), a significant performance boost that I am grateful for, but that ties into the next thing, which is the graphical tweaks, they've only happened to push new paid content. (how about sorting the old stuff?) A new UI is coming, but the main purpose of that is to facilitate the online system, which in my opinion, is a path to competing with iRacing as a paid service. Just read the roadmaps, every one is largely an advert for what you can pay for next. There's not actually been many gameplay enhancements and fixes and it doesn't seem like any are coming either. It's all about the paid content.
Yes, they have to make money, but for us, it's turning out to be a pretty expensive way to go simracing, but that's just the modern gaming world, I guess.
Shame, it's a brilliant sim. S397 have undoubtably made it better, but I fear it's purpose and ambition has changed drastically over it's lifetime.

I bought the McLaren GT3 car when it was released , well before the rest of the pack was released .
Seeing that you post in riddles and blank statements i just assumed you just didnt have a full grasp of the English language , not attacking you just really trying to make sense of your posts !
My apologises if i insulted you :)

At the very moment we released the McLaren 650S GT3 (ahead of the rest of that pack because we agreed with McLaren to feature it in World's Fastest Gamer) we also gave people the option to buy the pack directly (without yet being able to disclose all other cars). So you did have the option to take a "leap of faith" and buy the whole pack at that point. Of course, ultimately it's everybody's personal choice what they buy and don't buy and I can only respect that.

At the very moment we released the McLaren 650S GT3 (ahead of the rest of that pack because we agreed with McLaren to feature it in World's Fastest Gamer) we also gave people the option to buy the pack directly (without yet being able to disclose all other cars). So you did have the option to take a "leap of faith" and buy the whole pack at that point. Of course, ultimately it's everybody's personal choice what they buy and don't buy and I can only respect that.
The point in this case is you did know on release day of the gen2 car Monaco would follow up shortly, still you didn’t offer that proposition. You didn’t even made the announcement so interested users could make the decision to wait.
No good business tactics imo.

At the time of that "leap of faith" I didn't know that if I wanted to try your content now by buying and supporting S397 that I would have to buy the same car for the same money again if I wanted to buy the rest of the pack!
Are you working on a way to give price reductions for people who already own some parts of packs or is it just a matter of buy full pack now or pay twice if in future when and if I want to buy another car or two?

PC2 has monaco track. Although under a different name... Can't see why s397 wouldn't be able to do the same.
I'm not an expert on licensing, but f1 does not own streets of Monaco nor any of the tracks on f1 calendar...

It isn't that F1 would own Monaco, the relevant thing is the deal that Monaco owners have made with F1. If it's exclusive like the deal that EA made with Porsche few years ago, then it will not be featured in other games, simple as that. And going the fake name route and selling an unofficial track as paid DLC item in Steam store isn't a very sensible move obviously.

PC2 has monaco track. Although under a different name... Can't see why s397 wouldn't be able to do the same.
I'm not an expert on licensing, but f1 does not own streets of Monaco nor any of the tracks on f1 calendar...
No F1 has contracts with the companies that own each track, with each location, and with all the teams that allows F1 to negotiate with 3rd parties like Codemasters or Sony. They also have contracts with the organizers of each race. A race organizer CANNOT host a race, or teams cannot compete, or sponsor cannot display their adds without agreeing to F1's terms. The results of those negotiations can often include EXCLUSIVE rights to the images, shapes, layouts etc etc. Depending upon how much Codemasters was willing to pay F1, they most likely have exclusive rights to use the tracks. For commercial purposes, F1 DOES OWN THE TRACKS. Right down to the cobblestones. Codemasters has then paid for those rights and would not want to see their investment watered down by competitors. Courts have ruled that simply re-naming a track is not sufficient to claim it is not in violation of the copyrights created by the contracts between F1, Monaco(for example), Codemasters and the literally dozens of other partners. ACC may have 'look-a-like' tracks, but Codemasters could squash those with one cease and desist letter, if it so chooses to.
Companies like S397 could invest in the creation of a similar tracks without the licenses. But with one simple letter they would be forced to abandon them, remove them, (think of Steam taking away tracks instead of installing them.) Thus S397 would have spent money in the form of staff salaries to research, laserscan, and create tracks that would be vulnerable to legal action. Do you risk your company's financial health or do you steer clear of any such content?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%