rF2: Monaco E-Prix Track Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Monaco E Prix b.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second official Formula E circuit for the simulation - adding the Monaco E-Prix 2019 layout for the title.

Retailing for just under £7 if bought as a standalone piece of content, or purchasable as part of a larger Formula E themed pack, the 2019 variation of the Monaco E-Prix is available from the rFactor 2 Steam Store now.

Perhaps best known for its Formula One Grand Prix hosting credentials, Monaco is also the jewel in the crown of the Formula E calendar, and the shorted, Formula E specific layout is another interesting addition to the title that further expands the content of the all electric series within the sim..

Joining the Hong Kong E-Prix and the recently released Lester E-Prix fantasy track, the 2019 Monaco E-Prix layout is available now.

Recreating Monaco has been a huge effort, and it’s been more than worth it! We made it our primary goal to painstakingly bring to life this special environment with the highest level of detail. Starting with a high resolution ‘laser-scan’ as a base to create the track surface, we then went on to build the essential elements that make Monaco what it is. From the yachts and sailboats in the harbor that sit in the glistening blue water as the sun goes low, to the buildings and track side objects – it’s all there!

The 1.765 km track offers intense racing requiring high-concentration to keep the car out of trouble – good luck!
rF2 Monaco E Prix a.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

hey that way any new user will be turned off by the price for sure.....what is it like 200 bucks or more for the complete steam collection....naw I'll stick to the basics...and even then I'm annoyed cause it's like opening up a copy of iracing from 8 years ago and saying what a great sim!!!!!! lol....anyone get that? Iracing has come leaps and bounds since having horrible physics etc....now it's pretty damn good.....same with assetto corsa kinda......
Said the person who'd happily pay $12 for any each car, despite some being obsolete for several years. As with rf2, like all else, you have to wait for the sales to show up like I did, therefore I've paid far less than the "$200". As with iRental, who wants to pay $1000s for the whole lot, most of which are obsolete and will never be raced (like the GT1s, 2000s DPs, Dallara IR-05). Also, I wish I have a 9-5 lifestyle to commit to that and I dislike spec racing too, so that put iRacing out.

if rfactor was smart they'd go the assetto corsa way and offer a pack with everything at half the cost or even more discount...get more people to join....right now all they have are people that already own the game that just figure well since I don't have it I have to buy it....well yeah still boring track and not worth more than a few bucks.
If they were smart, they wouldn't have to leave a game mod friendly so modders can sort out their **** left by them to meet deadlines and leave it incomplete so they can chase their Euros

Also the game is left unfinished that it features ridiculous and unrealistic track penalties that makes Maximum Tune more realistic over AMS, even by pre-war standards, especially the track violation penalty that tells us to slow down to 30 mph on a live track which would never be allowed to happen in a real race. Of course gamers have no regards, neither they ever understood race regulations.
Mod Edit:

Last edited:
you people are not getting it. F1 ties up EVERYTHING with contracts. The organizers must cede all rights for the use of a track's image, layout, representation to F1. The American owners of F1 can then take that agreement and all the other tracks and cars and logos and sponsors are all tied together. F1 has the sole right to bargain....ONLY F1.... Huge sums of money are involved in these agreements. It's not just a handshake. So when Codemasters buys the exclusive rights to the ENTIRE FREAKIN' F1 package, they get sole rights to everything. Disagree all you want, but S397 will not be stepping on F1 or Codemasters toes. You can get Joe Johnson Johansen to privately mod the track, but nothing official from S397 or ACC or any other private company. To do so would risk lawsuits they couldn't afford to defend let alone lose.
Go make the track, just STOP expecting S397 to be allowed to build it as long as Codemasters pays F1 for the rights to F1 games
EXCEPT... we have Spa, Catalunya, A1 ring, Hungaroring, Paul Richard, Interlagos and numerous others in all the other sims, so if you are going to act a smart ass with CAP LOCKS please consider the facts

Just bought the track and took it (the 2019 FE) for a spin; very fun circuit and tricky to be consistent in this car. I think this is a great track for the not-so-swift cars...a Puma race would be interesting.

damn this is brutal, with default setup I can only get a 55.5sec, with AI on 100% I am 2-3 seconds slower and usually I nerf them 100% setting. Doesn't seam to be enough steering lock and definitely no feel on the brakes

Make sure the car's power is at the max which is 250kWh, default setting is 200kWh...this alone added at least 1.5 seconds to my time. The steering lock is adjustable as well...but yea I agree these cars are very unforgiving...but I kinda like that :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 875593

The point in this case is you did know on release day of the gen2 car Monaco would follow up shortly, still you didn’t offer that proposition. You didn’t even made the announcement so interested users could make the decision to wait.
No good business tactics imo.
Exactly that were the words from my mouth.
At the very moment we released the McLaren 650S GT3 (ahead of the rest of that pack because we agreed with McLaren to feature it in World's Fastest Gamer) we also gave people the option to buy the pack directly (without yet being able to disclose all other cars). So you did have the option to take a "leap of faith" and buy the whole pack at that point. Of course, ultimately it's everybody's personal choice what they buy and don't buy and I can only respect that.
Would you please answer the question why we were not told that very shortly after the release of the car there will be a another track, all available in a money-saving bundle?

I check back every once in while to see if sim racing has returned to talking about tracks and cars and how to drive them or critique of the layout but no, just a bunch of people complaining or defending game designers. You people are chasing away anybody that is into racing. I came here to get a view on the track and after 4 pages, nothing. This is boring.

EXCEPT... we have Spa, Catalunya, A1 ring, Hungaroring, Paul Richard, Interlagos and numerous others in all the other sims, so if you are going to act a smart ass with CAP LOCKS please consider the facts
yeah, yeah NON S397 versions of previous content mostly converted to rF2 by 3RD PARTIES!
I'm talking about official S397 supplied tracks modeled on the track layouts coinciding with the contracts signed by Codemasters and F1(so historic versions like Spa67 or Monaco 67 are exempt). I'll say it again and use small letters so as not to offend.. S397 S397 S397 sigh will probably not build a modern laser scanned track from ANY of the current F1 circuits covered by the F1/Codemasters agreements. The existence of the above mentioned tracks pre-date S397 and none, to my knowledge, are official tracks and most are conversions from other sims and certainly not laser scanned. . These have nothing to do with the current discussion, no more than asking S397 to provide complete laser scanned F1 carsets for the last 5 years. The only track produced by S397 that could be said to prove your point is Silverstone and I'll man up to say that appears to discount my arguments.

I do however, fully agree that I AM a smart ass, apparently a much older smart ass than many others here and I'll continue to display my smart-assedness whenever i CHOOSE! You may hold your breath waiting for S397 to build a fully licensed A1 Ring, a fully licensed Hong Kong, or a fully licensed(insert just about any other F1 track here)
I'll make you a bet. The Nordschleife is coming out in a few months, if THAT (oops sorry couldn't help myself) DLC has both the full ring and a complete STAND ALONE version of the GP circuit,(stand alone means the complete F1 layout raceable by all users, not just the portions of the GP track that are used by ADAC and VLN for their races.) then you can call me a dumb ass and I'll take my simple advice elsewhere, permanently. (still holding your breath?)
Remember, I have no connection with ISI or S397. I have no insider knowledge, I'm just applying my experiences gathered over decades. (I hope you took a big swallow of air)

yeah, yeah NON S397 versions of previous content mostly converted to rF2 by 3RD PARTIES!
I'm talking about official S397 supplied tracks modeled on the track layouts coinciding with the contracts signed by Codemasters and F1(so historic versions like Spa67 or Monaco 67 are exempt). I'll say it again and use small letters so as not to offend.. S397 S397 S397 sigh will probably not build a modern laser scanned track from ANY of the current F1 circuits covered by the F1/Codemasters agreements. The existence of the above mentioned tracks pre-date S397 and none, to my knowledge, are official tracks and most are conversions from other sims and certainly not laser scanned. . These have nothing to do with the current discussion, no more than asking S397 to provide complete laser scanned F1 carsets for the last 5 years. The only track produced by S397 that could be said to prove your point is Silverstone and I'll man up to say that appears to discount my arguments.

I do however, fully agree that I AM a smart ass, apparently a much older smart ass than many others here and I'll continue to display my smart-assedness whenever i CHOOSE! You may hold your breath waiting for S397 to build a fully licensed A1 Ring, a fully licensed Hong Kong, or a fully licensed(insert just about any other F1 track here)
I'll make you a bet. The Nordschleife is coming out in a few months, if THAT (oops sorry couldn't help myself) DLC has both the full ring and a complete STAND ALONE version of the GP circuit,(stand alone means the complete F1 layout raceable by all users, not just the portions of the GP track that are used by ADAC and VLN for their races.) then you can call me a dumb ass and I'll take my simple advice elsewhere, permanently. (still holding your breath?)
Remember, I have no connection with ISI or S397. I have no insider knowledge, I'm just applying my experiences gathered over decades. (I hope you took a big swallow of air)
Pretty sure 5 out of the 6 tracks listed by Dave Kirk are first party tracks for kunos in AC and ACC. They also have a few official F1 Ferrari's. So I don't see your argument holding much water. I'm pretty sure if s397 had the money and desire they could license spa, red bull ring, Barcelona, etc regardless of any codemasters license. The decision is usually down to the track itself for licensing. Not F1.

Edit: and I'm pretty sure you will get all layouts regarding nords and the GP circuit including the solo GP layout. As everyone else who has licensed the track has done just that without any F1 license.

Last edited:
@davehenrie
iRacing tracks available: Spa, Gilles Villeneuve, Interlagos, Nurburgring, Suzuka, COTA, Monza, and Barcelona was anounced few months ago.

And others have pointed out some other F1 tracks available on other sim (not 3rd parties).
Doesn't mean it is possible to get every tracks on the calendar but many already are in different sims.

And it seems GP track will be available with Nordschleife if nothing change I guess.
https://twitter.com/rfactor2/status/1040997343871606789?lang=en

Edit:
And we never know, if FE decide to (or can) use the "full Monaco layout" in the future it could open intereresting possibilities for s397.

Last edited:
@davehenrie
iRacing tracks available: Spa, Gilles Villeneuve, Interlagos, Nurburgring, Suzuka, COTA, Monza, and Barcelona was anounced few mounts ago.

And others have pointed out some other F1 tracks available on other sim (not 3rd parties).
Doest mean it is possible to get every tracks on the calendar but many already are in different sims.

And it seems GP track will be available with Nordschleife if nothing change I guess.
https://twitter.com/rfactor2/status/1040997343871606789?lang=en
Even better, I remember a statement here ALL available layouts will be properly displayed with this DLC.

What nobody talks about is that those $40 extra we paid for online in 2012 never came back since online became free. I’d love to have those credits to buy content.

It isn’t about the $40. I spend way more in other sims.

It’s about respecting the consumer.

What nobody talks about is that those $40 extra we paid for online in 2012 never came back since online became free. I’d love to have those credits to buy content.

It isn’t about the $40. I spend way more in other sims.

It’s about respecting the consumer.
In 2012 rF2 was still an ISI game. That S397 did not pay back that money after online became free, I think is quite normal. Since S397 took over from ISI, they released quite some new content and features for free and to me it feels like a completely other game now, and I did not have to buy a new game (like other games, PC2 for example). In my opinion smaller companies like S397, Reiza and KS have a lot of respect for consumers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back